Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 06-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcpoint
Just for comparison, two runs first with RS PRO, second one with SPX.

Next one is with SPX:
With the Tekin, you turned a 21.9s lap 18 and did 21 laps in 6:20.
With the SPX, you were more consistent and you did your first 21 laps in 6:17.

I see no real difference other than some inconsistent laps.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

I wasn't trying to set the time, only on testing speed difference between the two.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
For you computer guru's.

I have a older laptop that I want to take to the track. It only has 1 USB in it. It's the original USB not the newer 2.0 type. I have hotwire 3.25 installed on it. When I connect the hotwire and the RS Pro to the laptop in the USB, I get a red flashing light in the RS Pro and a green light with what appears to be 4 small red lights in the hotwire. When I run the software program it says it does not see the speed control and shuts down.

I also do not get anything out of the USB port when using other items, such as camera downloading cables or even memory sticks. My thinking "would" be that the USB port is bad. Why do the Hotwire and the speedo see power and display their lights. When I use these items on my PC everything works just as they should, anybody know anything about this or have any ideas.

Thanks guys,
Steve
1) Remove all USB devices from USB ports
2) Go to your device manager
3) go to "view" and click on "show hidden devices".
4) Right click and uninstall EVERY single thing you see at the bottom underneith "Universal serial bus controlers". There might be a dozen or more objects in there. After you have removed all of them, reboot and let XP reinstall all of them for you. Try again.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcpoint
I wasn't trying to set the time, only on testing speed difference between the two.
Oh, I see now. I was distracted by the lap times and the "best time" comment.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Cosmo, ...

If you are seeing 45 in you timing boost setting you have some conflicting software and need to start over. Make sure you uninstall the current version through control panel, restart, if you have Vista you MUST remove the hidden file PRIOR to installing the new software.

I've only seen this on a version of 194 that had a bug and showed 45 but only actually boosted to 30.
Perhaps the comments about seeing 45 for TB are in reponse to one of my two questions below?

If so, I am running 3.25 Hotwire and 198 firmware. I am running Hotwire on a machine that has never had any version of Hotwire installed before. The website still lists 3.25 as the current version. So I'm at a loss here as to what could be "conflicting" with what, and what I should do about it. Please advise.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkBrown
Perhaps the comments about seeing 45 for TB are in reponse to one of my two questions below?

If so, I am running 3.25 Hotwire and 198 firmware. I am running Hotwire on a machine that has never had any version of Hotwire installed before. The website still lists 3.25 as the current version. So I'm at a loss here as to what could be "conflicting" with what, and what I should do about it. Please advise.
I think your fine Mark, on my PC (where I am not having USB port issues) I have the same versions that you do and I am seeing the same things. I did my speedo and Brian's speedo (Slapmaster's) and everything went very smoothly. I think Randy just combined two different user's issues together by mistake.

Steve
Old 06-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
1) Remove all USB devices from USB ports
2) Go to your device manager
3) go to "view" and click on "show hidden devices".
4) Right click and uninstall EVERY single thing you see at the bottom underneith "Universal serial bus controlers". There might be a dozen or more objects in there. After you have removed all of them, reboot and let XP reinstall all of them for you. Try again.
Cap't,

I tried as you suggested, but it did not work. Maybe I will just send an email directly to Randy. Thanks to all who tried to help, but I don't want to further clutter up this thread with my issues.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Cap't,

I tried as you suggested, but it did not work. Maybe I will just send an email directly to Randy. Thanks to all who tried to help, but I don't want to further clutter up this thread with my issues.

Thanks,
Steve
Bummer that didn't work steve... I see that exact same problem all the time where I work, and that usually does the trick. I believe you said that you see all the lights light up on the speedo and hot wire when you plug it in, which means the USB port isn't dead... USUALLY... your usb controllers need to be resintalled. If that didn't work (and you say you rebooted?) im not sure what else to try.

Obviously this isn't an issue with your hotwire as even thumbdrives don't work.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 13.5 Setup

Hey,
I just purchased a new Tekin 13.5 for my TC and I was looking for ideas on setting up my esc to start and what FDR to run.
Thanks in advance
Old 06-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And while you're doing that for a 13.5...

How about your FDR, motor timing, and ESC settings for a 17.5 in an RCGT on a track with a 130' straight?

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do you have to have the rs installed in a car(rec/motor/batt)hooked up to use the hotwire?Or can ya just hand someone the speedo to adjust.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GasGod
Do you have to have the rs installed in a car(rec/motor/batt)hooked up to use the hotwire?Or can ya just hand someone the speedo to adjust.
You can do it out of car, You can do it in stock packing..LOL
Old 06-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
If you are getting beaten by SPX you haven't got your Tekin set up well

Maybe you have not been following the thread fisher, the Tekin guys themselves have stated that on large tracks with the current public software that the SPX is faster.

There are claims that the new version will be able to match the SPX
Old 06-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The software the team is testing is of course on par with any other esc on the market and if you look at the history of software improvements we tend to go out of our way to make things "better."

Cosmo, I did group your reply sorry.

I'm aware of the "45" . It's an added step that doesn't do anything. Our scalers are stopped in the software and that one was allowed to go further.

I'm working with the Team to get this latest software tested and solid. When it's set correctly it's in a class all it's own.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Tech Adept

FOR RANDY:

Hello, Do not forget the modified (large/medium tracks) in the new software, Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.