Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Slipping diffs can be hard to catch especially if it's for a short period of time, first few inches.

In regard to the sensor checker, when using 4 cell they can be dim. Try plugging in a 6 cell or 2s lipo when checking sensors, it's a lot easier to see.
I think I was the one who posted the suggestion about using a 6 cell to check the sensors in a 1/12th a few months ago, but lately the sensor led's have been showing up fine on 4 cells...

I really wish I'd looked at one thing at a time Sunday instead of the "shotgun" approach... Having re-flashed the ESC to 1.89, AND resetting my endpoints lower, AND recalibrating the RS to the radio, AND changing from profile 5 to 3, AND tightening the diff, I don't know where the original problem from round 1 was... dead slow off every corner, NO rip whatsoever, but killer top end... after all those changes everything was GREAT in rounds 2 and 3 and the main. Just the starting line hesitation in the main, and i'm still leaning toward diff slip as the cause of that until I can get out and do a bunch of standing launches with the diff locked. I'm pretty sure I wasn't overgeared or overtimed for the main, I was at 3.06 with the endbell all the way down and full boost, plenty of rip in the infield and good top end, and the motor came off at only 122 degrees after the main.

Randy, check your PM...
Old 02-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Trips
It may not be BS that you heard... I know a guy who used to run Novak GTX's and he swore that they went south after a few race days and the speed fell off. He'd replace his GTX's every month or so. He also swore he'd deny ever saying it if it came up, because he didn't want to screw his deal with Novak.

When he switched from Novak to LRP he said he didn't have any issues with needing to replace ESC's any more. I've never had the issue, but I did own one GTX that DID seem to go weak after a few months. I switched to a GM so I can't say the next GTX would have gone soft or not. I don't know if it was the FETs going bad, or some other reason.

NEVER had a Tekin or any other brand (other than that one GTX) seem to get weak on me.
I wonder how that warranty email looks on one of those?

Dear Novak,

Due to how completely awesome I am at racing, I have worn the shine off my FET's, and need them replaced. Thanks!
Old 02-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Guys,

The 0 motor timing/full boost setup is good in onroad. I don't like it in offroad. Everyones setup is different.

We "can" do anything we want in regards to boost. However I'm not going to disclose how or what we're doing there, Sorry.

Timing on these motors is critical and hitting on the wrong phase can be deadly...Rest assured we're up to the dark art challenge.

GO TEKIN!

Im sure to give it a go as soon as I get mine... Onroad is where im at so it should be good.

Good to hear, that Tekin are pushing the development of this... Especially with the software releases.... Are the days finally gone where we need to buy a new speedo just for a software update.... I would even pay a yearly subscription to keep them coming so we didn't see a new speedo for the sake of it!

I actually feel for once in this hobby that a company is listening to what we want...

Randy of course im not going to ask to give away the secrets, but is there any other exciting developments that we can look forward to soon?

Keep up the good work!

Cheers
Old 02-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CouldbeFaster
Randy of course im not going to ask to give away the secrets, but is there any other exciting developments that we can look forward to soon?
Cheers
Yes!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

and what are the new things? even more power?
Old 02-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
and what are the new things? even more power?
Would you have it any other way!?
Old 02-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Would you have it any other way!?
Ooh. The suspense is killing me. Any time frame?
Old 02-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I have an RS and Tekin 17.5 on the way. I also ordered a Trinity Duo 17.5. What differences have you guys seen between the two motors? Is it a powerband change, gearing, track size, etc. I plan on trying both of them, I'd just like to know starting points for a good comparison. Touring, rubber tires on carpet track 96x45 with a 3/4 straightaway. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I have an RS and Tekin 17.5 on the way. I also ordered a Trinity Duo 17.5. What differences have you guys seen between the two motors? Is it a powerband change, gearing, track size, etc. I plan on trying both of them, I'd just like to know starting points for a good comparison. Touring, rubber tires on carpet track 96x45 with a 3/4 straightaway. Thanks for the help.
Call me dude
Old 02-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I have an RS and Tekin 17.5 on the way. I also ordered a Trinity Duo 17.5. What differences have you guys seen between the two motors? Is it a powerband change, gearing, track size, etc.
Best bet, take the powerbands out of the Trinity and put em in the Tekin. They fit right in. (sorry... old motocross joke, couldn't help myself)
Old 02-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

how come i cant get my rs calibrated? ill hold the mode button for three sec. and leave the trans. at neutral until it beeps then ill hold it full throttle and wait for it to beep but nothing after several sec.?
Old 02-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

just got mine so not completly sure but I think after the mode button you hear the beep then wait till it beeps again, then go to full throtle wait for beep, then full brake wait for beep, then it makes different beeps when done.

good luck you will enjoy once you get it
Old 02-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Call me dude
I'm still in Korea
Old 02-11-2009, 01:42 AM
okayplayer

Hi,

I'm willing to buy for my XRAY T2 009 EU Rubber Edition (I plan to race on asphalt) a Tekin RS PRO / 6.5T Redline series.

I'm still hesitating between this ESC and a SP 1.1. That would be great if anyone that has own a SP1.1 could give me his feeling and comments.

I live in Europe... and shopping to USA with real customs declaration is really expensive to me (not for the taxes, but much more for the customs declaration documents that are expensive and non reduceable).

I was thinking of buying it in UK ... but ApexModels has only the RS PRO and no motor combo (neither the Hotwire)

Anyone could give me a little help or some nice shop adresses?

Thanks a lot,

Cédric

Old 02-11-2009, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SPC Racer
how come i cant get my rs calibrated? ill hold the mode button for three sec. and leave the trans. at neutral until it beeps then ill hold it full throttle and wait for it to beep but nothing after several sec.?
Bet you're using a futaba radio. Try setting the throttle direction into reverse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.