Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billb60
I'm only borrowing the hotwire for my pc and esc.
The settings stay in the ESC. So you can borrow someones Hotwire to program your ESC.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
The settings stay in the ESC. So you can borrow someones Hotwire to program your ESC.
Exactly, once the other dude plugs his ESC in, his settings will show up on the HotWire as it reads the settings off the ESC.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme
As I understand it, "Push Control" is basicaly applying 'creep' in a brushed motor only during slowdown , to allow it to roll to a stop like a brushless rather than just have the magnets suck the armature to a stop
Miller Tyme, thanks for the reply. I understand the function. Will "push control" push a brushless motor in the same way it does a brushed motor? I am looking at ways to maintain a higher corner speed in case I let out of the throttle too much.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Adim, No it will not. That is a brushed only feature. If you're looking to keep corner speed up make sure to have 0 drag brake.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Adim, No it will not. That is a brushed only feature. If you're looking to keep corner speed up make sure to have 0 drag brake.
I would think you could just bump up the throttle trim on the radio a bit to put a little neutral roll in the car. You would have to hold the brakes on the start line of course but racers have been doing this for years. I'm not a fan of it myself but I don't see why it wouldn't work with brushless too.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wingracer
I would think you could just bump up the throttle trim on the radio a bit to put a little neutral roll in the car. You would have to hold the brakes on the start line of course but racers have been doing this for years. I'm not a fan of it myself but I don't see why it wouldn't work with brushless too.
It works but with brushless i don't do it because the brushless motor rolls enough.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
Exactly, once the other dude plugs his ESC in, his settings will show up on the HotWire as it reads the settings off the ESC.

I think a "save settings" would be an EXCELLENT feature of hotwire. Our track purchased a hotwire for all the guys running (or starting to run) the tekin esc's. It was done so the racer didn't feel like he HAD to have the hotwire, or didn't want to bring their laptop to the weekly club races. I think it's worked out well.

I think the ability to "try" somebody elses settings without having to hook it up, or having to remember what settings a person had.. you could just "open" a "settings" file then upload it to the esc. Seems simple enough, but I'm not a programmer.

later.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by acyrier
I think a "save settings" would be an EXCELLENT feature of hotwire. Our track purchased a hotwire for all the guys running (or starting to run) the tekin esc's. It was done so the racer didn't feel like he HAD to have the hotwire, or didn't want to bring their laptop to the weekly club races. I think it's worked out well.

I think the ability to "try" somebody elses settings without having to hook it up, or having to remember what settings a person had.. you could just "open" a "settings" file then upload it to the esc. Seems simple enough, but I'm not a programmer.

later.
I think Tekin is working on that in there next release of software
Old 01-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Team Tekin

Actually we turned on PUSH in BL mode in the newest software version coming. Many of the spec motors do have a lot of cog torque and enough drag to make some want it. It was a brushed inspired feature (Pike push actually) but also has merit in BL.

We do not like people to trim the throttle out of nuetral or we do not initialize because we do not see the nuetral we expect at turn on. Trimming the throttle or putting Nuetral Width too tight can also kill Drag Brake. Some radios are not consistent enough to always return to the same nuetral if it is set too tight. If we do not see nuetral there is no PUSH or Drag Brake activated.

Yes we are also adding the ability to save setups in the hotwire, name them and pass them around as individual files.

Tekin Prez

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 01-30-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
I'm not sure what exactly the RS looks for, but the sensor LED's (last three on the RS) seem to stop flashing once the motor gets up to a certain RPM. There's probably more to it than just switching to sensorless based on RPM tho, but it might be proprietary info.
thought it would be... but thanks for taking your time

g
Old 01-31-2009, 01:50 AM
Tech Adept

hi...

i was wondering what would the best way to mount the esc to a 1/10th tc.

what the stuff that's used to fix the esc to the package when new in the box... look like some hot glue.

anything similar that can be used on a car without investing in hot glue gun? that would be great as it is extremely sticky and able to come off clean if necessary...

thanks

g
Old 01-31-2009, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Parma makes a GREAT servo tape that is made of silicone rubber. It sticks real well, but when you peel it it always comes off in one clean piece... noo crumbs, no residue.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

thanks trips... always helpful.

I'm looking at it right now but cannot make out how thick it is. Is it foam type?

My only concern is, if it is too thin, then it might not take up any imperfections between the two flat surfaces, reducing adhesion strength...

g
Old 01-31-2009, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Go to your local Walmart, Lowes or Autozone.
Look for 3m body molding/ mounting tape.

I get the 1" wide roll, it's $6-7 depending on where you get it but the roll will last forever.

It sticks very well and when it comes time to remove it, it peels off very clean.

later
Dayton

Last edited by 1armed1; 01-31-2009 at 02:57 AM. Reason: sp
Old 01-31-2009, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Here is what it looks like.
http://www.autozone.com/selectedZip,.../selectZip.htm

You can find it cheaper at Walmart and lowes.

later
Dayton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.