Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adrean
Guys ,
i have 2 little problems , hope you can help me with this , first i put HARA 17.5 SETUP ON my car and i run with REDLINE 13.5 MOTOR RS ESC , run with a 6.4 FDR in my car 108 spur / 32 pinion , but my motor after 10 minutes comes at 125 celsius , i know thats is too much temperature , and my motor didnt run again but i have some motor on my spares and i put a new Motor and Go for 7.1 FDR , 116 SPUR / 31 PINION on My XRAY T3 12 , it runs very strong in all 10 Minutes of The Main Final , i Win by 2 Laps , but the temperature when i finish Was 93 Celsius , so My Question is , i need To Go Higher on FDR like 8.00 , or what i need to re adjust on My ESC setup ? Thanks A lot !!!

I run with 5000 mAh 35c 2S 7.4V Lipo Battery , in an Large Asphalt Track , we need to reach 10 minutes in qualifiers and Final .

Thanks In Advance

Cheers
Considering the battery you are using and how long your heats are, you may be losing enough voltage to cause the over heating. As the voltage drops, the current goes up causing more heat. Try a better battery with your current settings and you should see an improvement in temps.
You will want at least a 50C rated battery.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Your problem isn't the battery, it's the 10 minute main. You need to experiment with different gear ratios that maintain good lap times and minimize heat. You also need a quality fan. Yeah racing makes some high rpm fans that will help reduce temps by 10-15 degrees fahrenheit. Good luck to you!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by YoDog
Considering the battery you are using and how long your heats are, you may be losing enough voltage to cause the over heating. As the voltage drops, the current goes up causing more heat. Try a better battery with your current settings and you should see an improvement in temps.
You will want at least a 50C rated battery.
Thanks Bro .

Originally Posted by big al
Your problem isn't the battery, it's the 10 minute main. You need to experiment with different gear ratios that maintain good lap times and minimize heat. You also need a quality fan. Yeah racing makes some high rpm fans that will help reduce temps by 10-15 degrees fahrenheit. Good luck to you!
Thanks Bro , then i should go Higher with FDR i will try with 8.00 FDR and see how the temps go ! Thanks A lot
Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi, sorry for a rookie question.

I want to know, how can I "know" actual motor timing (redline 10.5 old version). How to get more timing, and what do you recommend me for 10.5T boosted class.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello.
Can someone give me a good starting point (boosted and sensored) set up with 223.
I just put on my car (hot bodies tcx) a rs pro with lrp 10.5t x12 for a small and very technical carpet track?Thanks

p.s. the motor will be cooled by a very large fan!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default ESC wont beep and motor wont turn.

Hi,

I recently bought a Tekin RS Pro ESC with a 13.5 Redline Motor.

I hooked up everything up as per the manual. Yesterday I put it on
the track here in Mexico for the first time. A friend passed me his
ESC set-up through his PC using Hot-wire.

The car only advanced for 5 meters and then it stopped.

Now when I turn on the ESC it doesn't beep like before and the motor
wont turn. When I press gas or brake the lights on the ESC go on and
flash but nothing happens.

I checked all the soldering on the motor and on the ESC and it is correct.

I tried updating the software on the ESC and connected a brand new 10.5 redline motor. It still doesn't work.

When I turn it on the ESC it doesn't even beep.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jherrero
Hi,

I recently bought a Tekin RS Pro ESC with a 13.5 Redline Motor.

I hooked up everything up as per the manual. Yesterday I put it on
the track here in Mexico for the first time. A friend passed me his
ESC set-up through his PC using Hot-wire.

The car only advanced for 5 meters and then it stopped.

Now when I turn on the ESC it doesn't beep like before and the motor
wont turn. When I press gas or brake the lights on the ESC go on and
flash but nothing happens.

I checked all the soldering on the motor and on the ESC and it is correct.

I tried updating the software on the ESC and connected a brand new 10.5 redline motor. It still doesn't work.

When I turn it on the ESC it doesn't even beep.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!
Redo the calibration w TX. Validate your motor type. With Hotwire do not disconnect to quickly, it take a while. Make sure when calibrating you hear beeps b/n neutral, full throttle and brakes.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Redo the calibration w TX. Validate your motor type. With Hotwire do not disconnect to quickly, it take a while. Make sure when calibrating you hear beeps b/n neutral, full throttle and brakes.
Thanks Geezatec, I'll try that again. How do I validate the motor type?
Old 02-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

In the setup section on hotwire you chose between BR (brushed) and BL (brushless) and FW (fwd only) FR (forward reverse) and DL (delayed reverse).
Old 02-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Nevermind, I figured it out.

I hooked up my new RS tonight with my tekin gen 1 17.5. WHY IS IT SLOWER THAN MY CHEAPO BRUSHLESS HOBBIES ESC? (dont et me wrong I really like the BHR esc, but wnated to upgrade). I may go back. I am running the same gear ratio as before, just changed esc.

I dont understand the hotwire interface. I need help. I will be running 17.5 tc that allows boost. and turbo. What should my max rpm be, min rpm Ect...

Thanks

Last edited by theproffesor; 02-15-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nobody?

Originally Posted by moraccio
Hello.
Can someone give me a good starting point (boosted and sensored) set up with 223.
I just put on my car (hot bodies tcx) a rs pro with lrp 10.5t x12 for a small and very technical carpet track?Thanks

p.s. the motor will be cooled by a very large fan!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys im hoping some of you can help me out....i have a kyosho tf6 sp and i have no choice but to run an fdr of 6.84....due to a modification im trying......im running the car in 17.5 boosted on a 70x30 carpet track.....im wondering what settings i should run on my rs pro to get the most out of it at that fdr.....any help would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks in advance.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Really? Zero support in this thead? ....time to buy an orca.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Hobbywing
Old 02-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
You do realize that this is a community forum...right?
Not customer support.
The responses you get here are not indicative of a particular product manufacturers customer support. Tekin products are of excellent quality and customer support has been very good in my opinion. If you can't read directions or do any of your own research, don't blame the brand or it's followers. Perhaps no one is really interested in responding to your request since it doesn't hit anyone's hot buttons. Read back to pages from a year or so ago and you might find what you are looking for since almost nobody runs 17.5 boosted anymore thus... no responses.
All the setup suggestions in the world can't replace good ol' testing. It may just help you to understand the products you are using.
The info is here as well as on the Tekin website... look for it.
The RS hardware hasn't changed in 5 years, who else can say that? over 1500 pages in this thread alone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.