Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 12-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

i didn't notice any difference in RPM ( fly wheel )between tp1 and tp3...
Old 12-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Randy and yodog, thought so, it would make sense for a real 0 timing, but other makes of speedos would have to have the same setup.

Did you suggest a Tekin only serie you little rascal

The fella from LRP offered something similar for EFRA and was turn down too
Old 12-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No, we don't believe boxing out any other manufacturer is good for racing, development nor the hobby.

Choices is what makes life interesting and fun.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I looked back at the 208 release notes and it stated that "Blinky" is noted by the middle LED flashing while the throttle is at neutral. I would imagine it's still the same.
I didn't know this by practice because I am a big fan of the boosted classes.
I really like having the additional tuning tools rather than having the latest motor technology to keep up with the bigger budget guys. My Duo 1 still kicks ass.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Manson
i didn't notice any difference in RPM ( fly wheel )between tp1 and tp3...
Are you running sensored? (RS needs sensor feedback for boost to work)
Any endbell timing? (the boost will add to this value = more RPM)
Old 12-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by olly986
So Randy for "real zero timing" dual mode and TP1 would be a total zero timing possibility from what you are saying?

No one answered my light question about sequence in blinky mode by the way

Regards
Sorry olly, Posted a response but neglected to quote you...
I looked back at the 208 release notes and it stated that "Blinky" is noted by the middle LED flashing while the throttle is at neutral. I would imagine it's still the same.
I really like having the additional tuning tools rather than having the latest motor technology to keep up with the bigger budget guys. My Duo 1 still kicks ass.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Been running the new software for a couple of weeks now.

I have found there are almost no downsides to it.

The dead feel of the throttle at the beginning is gone.

The first time I ran it in my boosted 17.5 car it took some laps to get used to the new throttle feel. Its much smoother with good mid range.

Motor temps stayed good. They may have gone up slightly but not enough for the improvements to far outweigh this possible side effect.

There are also a couple other cool features like being able to save your setup with notes. As well as the end rpm being adjustable to 99k rpm. For modified.

I haven't tried it with modified yet but I can image this will help greatly with throttle feel in mod also.

Tekin got it right this time with the software, the car was much easier to drive and still fast as hell.

Glad you posted this Larry, I've been looking for an opportunity to post and give Tekin the props they deserve.

I got to run the new software this past weekend with Larry in 17.5 boosted TC. The throttle and brakes both felt extremely smooth. As Larry said, there was no shortage of power either. It's like having LRP feel in the infield, and Tekin power on the straight. Best of both worlds for sure.

Good Job everyone @ Tekin!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm ordering a epic d3 to run in 17.5 boosted TC, just wondering if anyone can tell me what my setup will be like compared to my current tekin redline? More or less gear/boost/turbo/delay? Or will my profile for the redline work the same on the d3?
Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

when will the new software be released and do you run the same esc setup as the 212 software or will more esc tweeking be needed?
Old 12-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Dodge
Glad you posted this Larry, I've been looking for an opportunity to post and give Tekin the props they deserve.

I got to run the new software this past weekend with Larry in 17.5 boosted TC. The throttle and brakes both felt extremely smooth. As Larry said, there was no shortage of power either. It's like having LRP feel in the infield, and Tekin power on the straight. Best of both worlds for sure.

Good Job everyone @ Tekin!
+1

Looking forward to running some 12th boosted, & mod with the new firmware.
Thanks Tekin for addressing our concerns.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YoDog
Sorry olly, Posted a response but neglected to quote you...
No prob, I knew it was intended for me.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2011, 01:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
No, we don't believe boxing out any other manufacturer is good for racing, development nor the hobby.

Choices is what makes life interesting and fun.
That's the way to think Randy, though not sure it was that way with LRP...
Old 12-14-2011, 01:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by LOW ET
when will the new software be released and do you run the same esc setup as the 212 software or will more esc tweeking be needed?
I have not heard of a time frame as yet.

Testing continues within the team before anything goes public.

As a frequent viewer of this thread, Randy will give answers as and when the time comes, i'm sure.

You have to remember that with the festive holidays and therefore factory closure over this period, it could be 2012.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:51 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
No you run the exact same setup. None of the timing features in open or Blinky features in spec mode have been changed. Its just the throttle/brake feel. I started running the new stuff in 13.5 boosted 12th scale only at the IIC and could tell a huge difference in how smooth my car was to drive as soon as it was put in. Anyone who has complained about throttle feel with the tekin will not anymore. They will really really like the feel of the new stuff and it gives up nothing as Larry said.

EA
Old 12-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

You know, I could have sworn, some pages back, that someone was complaining about team drivers running prototype software at big races thus having an unfair advantage over the other non team, but brand supportive drivers. These rumors were strongly denied and dismissed. Now The truth comes out and many drivers are admitting that they ran the new, unreleased software at IIC. So am I getting this wrong or has the cat been let out of the bag?

I can remember having my ass handed to me by many drivers at a particular big race who were running the exact same speedo and motor setup as myself. Same gearing and so on but they just dusted me in rip and top speed. This was just before 208 was released. Apparently I'm just wet behind the ears.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.