Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default RS

Well-- I finally did the SMART thing and went to the Tekin web pages---and DOWN Loaded the "experienced guys" settings for various motors and conditions. I've got 1/12 scale cars and 1/10 sedans---13.5 motors--17.5 motors--and carpet tracks -- asphalt tracks!! Once I checked out the reccomendations-- I learned a LOT about what I was doing wrong.
Gee---use some of these--IE the 1/12 carpet 13.5 setup--and WOW--nice speed and power through the infield and ballistic down the straight!!
LIFE IS GOOD!!!
Thanks Tekin--- you guys have got it right!!
Sorry these guys are having trouble with the Pro-- I'm happy with my RS systems.
T
Old 04-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

if you blow the motor, it shorts out the windings, and will also think its the wrong motor. thats what has happened to me in the past with the 1,2 & 6,7 flashing.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by LOSI123
if you blow the motor, it shorts out the windings, and will also think its the wrong motor. thats what has happened to me in the past with the 1,2 & 6,7 flashing.
I changed the engine, transmission cable sensors and reset the esc, set the radio but nothing.

I just wanted to know if they send in care what it cost me?

I already spent 240 Eruo in Italy for the Tekin RS pro.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Originally I thought I had a motor problem, but after swapping out the esc I am using the same motor and wiring and it works fine. I really believe at this point the esc is damaged internally and will require repair by Tekin. Still hoping I am wrong though.

Dave
Old 04-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default timing

Can someone explain the specifics of adjusting timing in sensored only and dual mode? I read somewhere that in sensored only mode, timing can only be adjusted via the endbell, not through the timing boost setting in hotwire. In sensored only mode, does adjustments made to turbo boost and turbo ramp affect timing? Finally for good infield response in sensored mode, can I reduce motor timing via the endbell to gain acceleration while raising turbo timing/boost to increase top speed?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blanks596
Can someone explain the specifics of adjusting timing in sensored only and dual mode? I read somewhere that in sensored only mode, timing can only be adjusted via the endbell, not through the timing boost setting in hotwire. In sensored only mode, does adjustments made to turbo boost and turbo ramp affect timing? Finally for good infield response in sensored mode, can I reduce motor timing via the endbell to gain acceleration while raising turbo timing/boost to increase top speed?

Thanks in advance
motor timing is indefinite through the rpm range,when accelerating motor timing starts then timing boost is applied from the start of the rpm range and ends at the end of the set range,turbo comes on after full throttle and set delay in ramp 1,2,3. lower the endbell will help the accelerating but you need to test when adding timing boost and turbo.if you need more we will get in depth a little more
Old 04-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Randy pike please

I would like to know more on ep and gp 1/10 scale drag racing rules and regulations cos i am planning to organise one in my country. May i know the full details on http://www.teamtekin.com/2009TPWCNats.html Mackenzie Taylor car scale, motor,etc. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dave
Originally I thought I had a motor problem, but after swapping out the esc I am using the same motor and wiring and it works fine. I really believe at this point the esc is damaged internally and will require repair by Tekin. Still hoping I am wrong though.

Dave
a lot have been experiencing this lately. too bad.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Tekin Support?

It sure seems that there are an awful lot of issues with Tekins ESC's lately.

I knew of problems with the RX8 also, yet no public comments are posted as of any running changes or updates made to this ESC or to the RS series of ESC's.

I fully support Tekin as they work through some of the problems with reliability they are experiencing. However, it would be nice to publicly state any revisions they are making, and how this will affect any warranties. If I buy an older (current model now) ESC that is prone to having issues, I would think it should be covered under warranty if any updates have been done. The issue may be mute if a new model/revision is released??

I found out today that I have a 'bad' 200 version software for the Hotwire. It says 'Beta' on it and allows the motor timing to be advanced to 50 degrees. Another fellow racer just happen to glance over and notice it. It said it will over heat the motor and to get rid of that version.
I need 200 version due to VTA - Ugh

I use the Tekins in SCT, VTA, 4wd SCT, 1/8 scale (RX8), 1/10 stadium trucks, 1/10 4wd etc etc... (damn I have too much stuff - lol)

So I support Tekin through their 'learning curve'. How will Tekin be supporting those people in return?
Can anyone help me get a good version of the 200 software please

Peace
Old 04-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi, who do I contact to send in my tekin esc ? It blew up yesterday

thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Hi Guys
Can someone help with a problem I had with my NEW RS Tekin last night. I ran it for the first time. I ran it in practice and it stopped working.
I hooked it up on the laptop, and the setting had change from sensored to dual mode, so I re-set it back to sensored, but when turning the esc back on, lights 1, 2, 6, n 7, were flashing? I re-set the handset to the esc, but still no joy. I've also tried a factory re-set but still no joy. Can someone please enlighten me.
Cheers Malc
Still no joy. Any more ideas plz guys
Cheers Malc
Old 04-19-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Addict

Cheers Malc
check your sensor cables, if its still the same you may need to send it back to tekin for service.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Addict

Cheers Malc
Malc, lights 1,2,6,7 means that the wrong motor type is selected. when it "reset" itself, maybe it went to brushed ?
Old 04-19-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cheers Malc
When I had that, one of the phases was burned on the ESC.
The esc had run fine for 2 days, suddenly the car stopped on the straight, it showed max temp lights (was only 2-3 leds in noral operation).
I disconnected the pack, let it cool down, reconnected and leds 1-2 & 6-7 were lit up. Nothing I did could change anything.
Motor ran fine on another speedo.

Sent it to Tekin repair and it was returned within 3 weeks.

Last edited by Quante; 04-19-2010 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Typo...
Old 04-19-2010, 04:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Originally Posted by HEWITT
Hi, who do I contact to send in my tekin esc ? It blew up yesterday

thanks
These are the instructions. When I sent in my blown RS they offered to replace it for $74 + postage. Pretty good deal. But that's Tekin for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.