Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

I race on a large outdoor track with a similar length straight. I'm not the most experienced guy around, but this is roughly my setup

Tekin Redline 13.5, 6 degrees timing
Timing Boost = 3/4 (can't remember exact number)
Turbo boost = 20
Turbo delay = 0.7
Turbo ramp = 2

It's a fairly mellow setup, but we have some technical inside sections so it's a bit of a compromise. My temps are between 55 and 60C, with an ambient air temp around 23C
Old 04-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
hey Tekin boffins

whats with the Tekin redline motor ??

i have been using my GM 13.5 motor and geaing of 5.7:1 with my Tekin RS with good results

want to try my newer Redline motor and to get the same results as the GM i need geaing of 7.1:1 or their abouts

and the speedo needs a totally differant set up

the track is FAST and flowing with a 70m straight

any set up advice for more speed ??

What is a geaing? Ha,Ha
Old 04-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eded1
What is a geaing? Ha,Ha
geaRing !!!!

oops
Old 04-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JR007
I race on a large outdoor track with a similar length straight. I'm not the most experienced guy around, but this is roughly my setup

Turbo boost = 20
Turbo delay = 0.7
Turbo ramp = 2

It's a fairly mellow setup, but we have some technical inside sections so it's a bit of a compromise. My temps are between 55 and 60C, with an ambient air temp around 23C
your timing boost seems a little low to me , i use MAX , what is your start and end revs ???
Old 04-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

geaRing !!!!

oops
Sorry Phil I was joking a bit.
When you changed to Redline and altered the Tekin settings did you reach
the same speed and punch as with the GM.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Sorry Phil I was joking a bit.
When you changed to Redline and altered the Tekin settings did you reach
the same speed and punch as with the GM.
ik weet het

not quite as much punch as the GM but the Tekin is smoother

i think it can be quicker but not sure how to set it up propperly
Old 04-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

ik weet het

not quite as much punch as the GM but the Tekin is smoother

i think it can be quicker but not sure how to set it up propperly
Your dutch is excellent sir.

It's a bit strange that the redline behave differend, did you check that all sensors are properly working?
I had a similar problem with a CS motor, it worked but smooth, low punch, this was caused due to the iron packaged isolation(between plates).
I've changed the stator, problem solved.
The other thing is that maybe the timing on the motor differs from the GM preset, some people mentioned this a few page back
I think you have to check the motor timing, if it is not working, sorry for al this bla-bla from my site.
BTW I will run tomorow on the MACH, trying to work out the RS pro with
CS 4.0t motor, this motor is capable to make laps from around 16.2sec
I will try this because it seems nobody runs mod with the RS pro, and Tekin stated that this is a no limit ESC.

Last edited by eded1; 04-13-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

It's a bit strange that the redline behave differend, did you check that all sensors are properly working?
I had a similar problem with a CS motor, it worked but smooth, low punch, this was caused due to the iron packaged isolation(between plates).
The other thing is that maybe the timing on the motor differs from the GM preset, some people mentioned this a few page back
I think you have to check the motor timing, if it is not working, sorry for al this bla-bla from my site.
I will try this because it seems nobody runs mod with the RS pro, and Tekin stated that this is a no limit ESC.
sensors are all ok , if i turn the motor slowly all the lights on the speedo come on as they should

The tekin motor is only a quarter of a second a lap slower than the GM motor but over 7 mins it is the differance of a win or not

The tekin does not get hot the most i have seen is 70 degrees the GM will do 80 normally , it is just an observation how two 13.5 motors can differ so much
Old 04-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JR007

Turbo boost = 20
Turbo delay = 0.7
Turbo ramp = 2

I believe you are running off-road, I think it is best for you to look at the team tekin set-up sheets on the tekin home page they have a few usefull set-up sheets, you know that if you switch on the hotwire and you go to the set-up page the set-up you find, if it is the one you like? click on it and it is loaded in to the ESC.
Hope you like it and good luck
Old 04-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

sensors are all ok , if i turn the motor slowly all the lights on the speedo come on as they should

The tekin motor is only a quarter of a second a lap slower than the GM motor but over 7 mins it is the differance of a win or not

The tekin does not get hot the most i have seen is 70 degrees the GM will do 80 normally , it is just an observation how two 13.5 motors can differ so much
This is look like there is a timing difference on the motor itself, can not tell you the exact timing but try to find it out
Old 04-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i know this is a esc thread but how are they on replacing motors at tekin
Old 04-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cyclone x
i know this is a esc thread but how are they on replacing motors at tekin
I wish I could help you out.
I know something for shore if you have a coocked motor with black wires inside , i think the service is very limited to zero.
This is for replacement of motors, the only service I can remember was with LRP motors where the rotor is exploded.

Ed
Old 04-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

i dont get this either.
i opened my motor and the strange thing is that the actual sensors are not placed on the 0degree mark. they are actually placed on the 30degree mark (and 30+120 and 30+240). So i was wondering what actually the 0 degrees of timing is. is this like the 0 mark on the endbell or is it when the sensor is at the top point of the motor?
in theory the maximum torque at 0 RPM is when the flux is 90 degrees. or in more normal speaking, when the magnet and the spool are at 90 degrees of each other.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I wish I could help you out.
I know something for shore if you have a coocked motor with black wires inside , i think the service is very limited to zero.
This is for replacement of motors, the only service I can remember was with LRP motors where the rotor is exploded.

Ed
ok thanks man ill talk to them
Old 04-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Markiempje
i dont get this either.
i opened my motor and the strange thing is that the actual sensors are not placed on the 0degree mark. they are actually placed on the 30degree mark (and 30+120 and 30+240). So i was wondering what actually the 0 degrees of timing is. is this like the 0 mark on the endbell or is it when the sensor is at the top point of the motor?
in theory the maximum torque at 0 RPM is when the flux is 90 degrees. or in more normal speaking, when the magnet and the spool are at 90 degrees of each other.
It is strange you are right about that.
I hope Phil can work with the motor timing and find the solution.
Did you have the sam issue as Phil or is all worked fine fore you.
I can't compaire, have no tekin.
But i had the same thing with SP 13.5t against a GM doctor speed.
The SP behaved super soft, the only difference is that this motor coocked
after two or three laps, while the motor feels cold as ice(brandnew motor)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.