Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 04-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi

I have a problem with my hot wire,when i plug the speedo into the hot wire the hotwire does not pick the speedo up and 3 red leds are flasing and on sunday it worked fine.

I tride my second speedo and it work fine.

please help?
Old 04-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Skiddins and Gameover.

Will Test on the weekend and hopefully not revving out so much will also help with the brakes.

Jamie
Old 04-13-2010, 02:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Here is my 17.5T set up running a team wave motor.

drage brake: 36
revers strength: off
brake strength: 70
nutral width: 16
throttel profile: 3
push controle: off
timing boost: 45 or 40
turbo boost: 13

turbo delay: 0.1 or 0.0
turbo ramp: 2.0 or 3.0
end rpm 14009
start rpm 1649

I have a 13.5 as wel, but have a problem with the hot wire does not pick the speedo up ?? 3 leds flashing??
Old 04-13-2010, 03:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

that does happen every once in a while.

just unplug from the usb to comp and replug again.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by captain stacker
that does happen every once in a while.

just unplug from the usb to comp and replug again.
Thanks bud!

I have unplug it but then no leds flashes??
Old 04-13-2010, 03:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by FLATMAN
Thanks bud!

I have unplug it but then no leds flashes??
yeh I would gather that

plug it back in now
Old 04-13-2010, 03:35 AM
Tech Addict

the esc of a friend suddenly bogged down after two packs and led 1&2 and 6&7 just keeps on flashing when he turns it on. changed everything, motor, sensor wire ,re installed the software and re calibrated the radio but still the same error. anybody know to troubleshoot this? tia.

Last edited by bigz; 04-13-2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by captain stacker
yeh I would gather that

plug it back in now
AGGGGGG! sorry bud what i mean is that when i DO plug it back in then no LEDS are flashing?
Old 04-13-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JamieV
Hi guys - Thanks for your help.

If I go to the standard timing on the motor this is even more timing - Is this definitely what you mean? I understand about lowering the boost to 40

Basically the main advice is to reduce the timing by lowering the boost and gear from 7.75 to say 6.75?

Moving the Start RPM to say 10,000 will give more punch before the Boost kicks in ?

So have I understood your advice correctly?

Thanks
Jamie
I read a blog from a guy that makes electronic carts on a university. they equiped their cart with some kind of brushless motor and the guy that designed to motor also made a 1:10 kit for his remote car. He basicly sais that the timing advance of the motor itself shifts when revved up. this means that when for instance revving to 30K the field rotates like 30degrees. if you then want to obtain maximum torque you would need to apply timing like the Tekin ESC does. so the timing advance of 80 degree is not that strange at all i think. however he states that applying too much timing will directly lead to extra heat. so what we want to do is look for the right amount of timing per RPM.
for me it became better to use a slightly heavier gearing to get the motor in its power range. like when on topspeed you can just begin to hear it screaming. when i got a higher gearing like to 7.5, the motor would scream already on the half of the bak straight and the middles sections were less punchy. so with this gearing i looked for maximum punch in the infield and a seamles lineair acceleration. when using a narrow RPM range i found that the motor dips on about 1/3th of the speed, it just stops accelerating untill the turbo kicks in. increasing the end RPM covers this gap. start RPM i havent played with yet. however motor timing does seem to give speed everywhere. when adding 5degrees of motor timing you get more start punch, more infield punch and a higher topspeed, however extra heat. i put it on 15 because 20 would make the motor heat up to 90C, while 15 lets the motor heat up 75C. maybe if i played more with the start and end RPM i would get a punchier infield and still lineair acceleration.

Mark
Old 04-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Hi

I have a problem with my hot wire,when i plug the speedo into the hot wire the hotwire does not pick the speedo up and 3 red leds are flasing and on sunday it worked fine.

I tride my second speedo and it work fine.

please help?
same problem i found. some kind of bug or are we doing things wrong?

when i want to setup my ESC i just pull out the connector on my receiver when the car is still turned on. sometimes when i connect to hotwire all leds start flashing, when plugged in again it most of the times works just fine. sometimes i have to try 3 times. very strange.
i also experienced 2 very nasty things when setupping. when car is on i pulled the connector out the receiver and then the motor would rev to full throttle!! i quickly had to switch it of otherwise i would have blown a rotor or tires. from then on i always switch tha car of. however i still get the flashing lights when connecting to hotwire.
anybody some tips?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigz
the esc of a friend suddenly bogged down after two packs and led 1&2 and 6&7 just keeps on flashing when he turns it on. changed everything, motor, sensor wire ,re installed the software and re calibrated the radio but still the same error. anybody know to troubleshoot this? tia.
It will need to be sent in for service.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
It will need to be sent in for service.
thanks randy.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

AGGGGGG! sorry bud what i mean is that when i DO plug it back in then no LEDS are flashing?
i just had this happen tonight as well. was broken red wire in plug at the connector to reciever. i cut the wires and soldered a new servo lead , now hotwire is working again.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoboShop
This hobby is just another fun thing for Me to blow some of my play money on!!!! You comments are funny my comments were not for all electric racers just some of them they no who they are. To much complaining about the speeds of today's esc shut-up and race
Funny that you can post twice after I gave you all the info you needed, but the only thing you can post is smart azz bashing on other racers.

I spent hours of testing to come up with what is a great setup for the x12 on most tracks and layouts and you can't so much as throw a quick "thanks" out there.

Good luck on your racing....
Old 04-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey Tekin boffins

whats with the Tekin redline motor ??

i have been using my GM 13.5 motor and geaing of 5.7:1 with my Tekin RS with good results

want to try my newer Redline motor and to get the same results as the GM i need geaing of 7.1:1 or their abouts

and the speedo needs a totally differant set up

the track is FAST and flowing with a 70m straight

any set up advice for more speed ??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.