Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
So what does going higher than 3 mean, and what does going lower than 3 mean? Also, what does CST mean?
Read the manual. If you don't have an RS then here is a link.

http://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/RSManual.pdf
Old 03-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M-Technic
With what turn motor?

I find this hard to believe simply from the fact that during my testing, I noticed a significant delay in the boost coming in when I switched from a 2,500 RPM start to a 4,000 RPM start. This tells me I am going below 4,000 RPM on some of our corners.

Our track is by no means small, even in our 180 hairpins you can carry some speed because it's a large outdoor asphalt track.
I have mine 10,5T on 5000+
Phil has his 13,5T on 9000.

I think that it depends on what track you are and the motor and motor timing.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Read the manual. If you don't have an RS then here is a link.

http://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/RSManual.pdf
I searched the document and couldn't find "CST"...

Here is the throttle profile stuff from the PDF:

LED5: THROTTLE PROFILES
1)Mildest profile, concave (LED1 ON)
2)Mild profile, concave (LED1-LED2ON)
3) Linear profile (LED1-LED3 ON)
4) Aggressive profile convex (LED1-LED4 ON)
5)More aggressive profile, convex (LED1-LED5 ON)
Old 03-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

cst is custom settings.

It is a function that is not usable yet (if ever).

edit:
cst was added with later firmware. So it is not in the manual.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Most of the drivers set there Throttle profile on 3 and play with the RPM settings to get there personal acceleration profile.
By setting the start and end rpm closer to each other you get more acceleration wile when you set them wider apart, you get a smoother acceleration.
I still use the Throttle profiles but this is more to fine tune it.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

I like TP4 on a small track to get the motor aggression out of the corners (13.5)

TP1 and 2 might be better suited to mod motors on a big track for example.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi there!
Can anyone tell me if the Tekin RS speedo gives you more top speed? esp in high turn motor
Old 03-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by tc3team
Thank you for the insight, it gives me a much better idea now of how the boost works

I will try using a value of 6000 start rpm and see if it suits a small track...
We still like 2k to 4k start rpm so that we have some of the boost engaged at the slowest part of the corner. With the higher end rpm some of the boost is turned off in the corner and then added back in as you accel out of the corner.

4k start rpm and 12k end rpm is a good moderate start point. 4k to 20K makes sense on paper, but the track is what matters and we are hearing a wide range of what works.

Originally Posted by avs
guys, this kind of info needs to be sticky'ed or something
Agreed we need at least a moderate starting point. We are still gathering and learning at this point. There are a lot of ways to use the adjustments for tweaking, but we do have a pretty good idea now in most setups.

In general you can get away with more timing with lighter loads. If you overtime or overgear for the amount of timing it will lose rip. As the cars get heavier, like SC or the real pigs SC 4x4 at 6lbs or even TC compared to a lighter 1/12 or wgt, you can not use as much timing or have to add it at higher rpms. IE 10k start rpm and 25k end rpm with a slow turbo ramp and long delay.

Adding turbo late can give you that top speed spool out. Adding turbo early can effect the low end rip. A guy that rolls into the throttle can use a 0 turbo delay and control when it kicks in with throttle control. Trigger slammers need to consider turbo the same as boost since it is always on, or use a longer delay.

No single answer for everyone which is part of the fun.

Tekin Prez
Old 03-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

thanks for the info guys.

Will be using this in a 1/12 on 1S lipo with a TQ Booster.

downloaded 2 of the setups and will use the Yang Lai one to start with I guess.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davbeckham23
Hi there!
Can anyone tell me if the Tekin RS speedo gives you more top speed? esp in high turn motor
YES---I'm using an RS with a 21.5 brushless motor in F-1 and it was NEVER as fast until I switched to this ESC>
FYI
T
Old 03-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by M-Technic
With what turn motor?

I find this hard to believe simply from the fact that during my testing, I noticed a significant delay in the boost coming in when I switched from a 2,500 RPM start to a 4,000 RPM start. This tells me I am going below 4,000 RPM on some of our corners.

Our track is by no means small, even in our 180 hairpins you can carry some speed because it's a large outdoor asphalt track.
Depending on your end rpm you might really just be changing how much boost was still engaged at 6000rpm. If you end rpm is 10K you have about 1/3 of the boost with a 4k start rpm. You have about 1/2 of the boost engaged with a 2.5k start rpm.

It is a very exponential response. IE some think the turbo does not work unless you have boost on. Actually the turbo is working but you hardly notice unless the total timing is high enough to start making those crazy no load rpms.

Going from 20deg to 30deg of timing is hard to notice, but going from 30deg to 40deg kicks up pretty good. Unless you already have 30 or so in the boost you hardly notice the 10 to 20 being added in turbo.

It is fine to have a 2k or even lower start rpm. It might be needed to keep enough boost engaged. The point is that it makes little sense to have a 6k to 8k end rpm with 2s because the boost never turns off and it might as well be static timing. Half that for 1S. Again in theory... and the track has a habit of not always agreeing. That is why we have such a broad and talented team of drivers to help us see what really works. Many TQ's and wins at the birds so something is working
Old 03-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
It is fine to have a 2k or even lower start rpm. It might be needed to keep enough boost engaged. The point is that it makes little sense to have a 6k to 8k end rpm with 2s because the boost never turns off and it might as well be static timing. Half that for 1S. Again in theory... and the track has a habit of not always agreeing. That is why we have such a broad and talented team of drivers to help us see what really works. Many TQ's and wins at the birds so something is working
If you can keep your temps in check, why would you want the boost to turn off?

In regards to what you said above, if you ran "10k start rpm and 25k end rpm with a slow turbo ramp and long delay" in the stock classes in my area you'd be 3 laps off the pace! But I know we are just talking theory here. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Team Tekin

You do not want the boost off, but you do want it reduced. You should not have the extreme timing active when the motor is at its slowest rpms. It is like driving a corvette at 10mph in third gear. We shift as we accel is the idea.

That super slow boost engage profile was for the 6lb SC 4x4 as an example of the other extreme from a light 1/12 scale with direct drive. As you add timing you gain rpm and loose torque. You can get away with less torque in a light car and add the timing a lot faster and at lower rpms.

Moderate SC setup we have been using:
23 - 25 pinion
35 boost
3.5k start rpm
12k end rpm
Turbo depends on track size. Full 20deg with .4delay and slowest ramp on a big track. Maybe 10deg and a faster ramp rate on a shorter track.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

You do not want the boost off, but you do want it reduced. You should not have the extreme timing active when the motor is at its slowest rpms. It is like driving a corvette at 10mph in third gear. We shift as we accel is the idea.

That super slow boost engage profile was for the 6lb SC 4x4 as an example of the other extreme from a light 1/12 scale with direct drive. As you add timing you gain rpm and loose torque. You can get away with less torque in a light car and add the timing a lot faster and at lower rpms.

23 - 25 pinion
35 boost
3.5k start rpm
12k end rpm
Turbo depends on track size. Full 20deg with .4delay and slowest ramp on a big track. Maybe 10deg and a faster ramp rate on a shorter track.
When comes the new update with the possibility for saving profiles to your speedo and to use it on smaller screens?

THe Tekin is doing great except 1 thing that is negative.
The driver can't handle the power that the Tekin has

I'm now also getting a 13,5T Tekin motor. I have a 10,5T Tekin motor and I love that motor.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

23 - 25 pinion
35 boost
3.5k start rpm
12k end rpm
got something like this for 1/12 scale 1S lipo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.