Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hey randy, what about a "clogging" issue? would that be a Dutch version problem? lol
Old 02-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

well i had my first electric race last night. using the Tekin RS Pro and the Tekin 10.5 in an xray T2008. track is ashphault, and technical but a nice longish straight. i played with the boost and turbo once.
my starting setup wasnt too good, but got there with a little help from Hotwire. i cant for the life of me understand what is so complicated with this speedy. ive seen guys post about how hard it is, and what they should change.
its not that hard. and i thank the Tekin guys for the ease of use software to change the speedy. even a first time electric racer can work it out.

i had tons of speed down the straight, and it is like i have read previaously, almost like cheating. the speed difference down the straight is just insane.

with no can timing, i pushed up the boost to 50, 17 turbo, 0.4 delay, 12000 end RPM and then chose something close to 4000 start RPM with a ramp of 3. Motor Temps were around the 110F , i dont know if this is too hot, or i can go warmer ? but as i got my car off the track , i could smell a really burnt smell. but it wasnt from my car. i had speed and all nice and cool.

the Xray had 84t spur, 28t pinion, 34 diffs and 20 pulleys.
only car setup hindered me. but the more i get it right the faster i will go.

Thanks Tekin !
Old 02-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Running More Cells?

Hi. Would like to know what size of capacitor I should be using if I would like to run a 4S setup with my RS Pro. I recall this has been discussed before but this thread is just too big to find it.

Would like to do a test with Tekin's T8 motor on a 8th scale buggy.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well its done and over with, I had more guys work on my ESC than I could count, that was a complete disappointment, I cracked my chassis in the 1st heat race, no throttle control at all, the motor locked in the air and the car wacked a concrete retaining wall, changed motors, moved wires, moved antenna wire, little bit of everything, 2nd heat race I just gave up and pulled it, before the 3rd heat race I gave the car to some Tekin guys there and ended up putting in someones elses new motor in it, put it on the track and made 1/2 a lap and it smoked the motor,
So, I have a new B44 with a broken chassis, yet to be raced, and I owe someone a new motor, and a new ESC which appears to be junk out of the box. Very dissapointing night.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
well i had my first electric race last night. using the Tekin RS Pro and the Tekin 10.5 in an xray T2008. track is ashphault, and technical but a nice longish straight. i played with the boost and turbo once.
my starting setup wasnt too good, but got there with a little help from Hotwire. i cant for the life of me understand what is so complicated with this speedy. ive seen guys post about how hard it is, and what they should change.
its not that hard. and i thank the Tekin guys for the ease of use software to change the speedy. even a first time electric racer can work it out.

i had tons of speed down the straight, and it is like i have read previaously, almost like cheating. the speed difference down the straight is just insane.

with no can timing, i pushed up the boost to 50, 17 turbo, 0.4 delay, 12000 end RPM and then chose something close to 4000 start RPM with a ramp of 3. Motor Temps were around the 110F , i dont know if this is too hot, or i can go warmer ? but as i got my car off the track , i could smell a really burnt smell. but it wasnt from my car. i had speed and all nice and cool.

Thanks Tekin !

Large open tracks, like Bunno or Littlehampton in SA are easy to set the Tekin up for. Max everything out, get the most aggressive profiles and away you go. That's not where the Tekin shines (by that I mean you can be just as fast with anything else there). You should come down to PRECC once and see if you can set it up to be competitive that easily on our track and if you do, you'll see where the Tekin really makes the difference.

Temps can go higher without probs. Tekin Team advise to keep it under 80 deg C which you were well and truly way under (about 40deg C is kinda like you didn't even take it out of the box, after all it was more than that in the air in Perth yesterday). That doesn't necessarily mean you'll find more speed on any particular track though. One word of advice if you're not already aware of it yet, get a marker and put a large black dot on the motor and use that spot to measure temperatures. I have found that readings on a silver surface can be a bit off. Nothing to really worry about but then again, we are not using very accurate gauges either and multiple sources of errors can compound with adverse results.

Last edited by niznai; 02-14-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King of B Main
I am having problems with my brakes !!! sometimes they work and sometimes the car just keeps rolling. Is my speedo broken or thats just how it is???

I am running 22% drag brake, 100% brake, and 150% on my radio
You are locking up your brakes. Hewitt had the same issue. We backed it to 50% in his radio. All is well now.

When you are at the track, try this... run the car on the straightaway then hit the brakes only halfway on your trigger. You should feel the brakes come on consistently.

I will be at the Camarillo track tomorrow. Hit me up.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theisgroup
hey randy, what about a "clogging" issue? would that be a Dutch version problem? lol
I have a Dutch version and it works great No problems ad all.

Originally Posted by JPMSRacing
Well its done and over with, I had more guys work on my ESC than I could count, that was a complete disappointment, I cracked my chassis in the 1st heat race, no throttle control at all, the motor locked in the air and the car wacked a concrete retaining wall, changed motors, moved wires, moved antenna wire, little bit of everything, 2nd heat race I just gave up and pulled it, before the 3rd heat race I gave the car to some Tekin guys there and ended up putting in someones elses new motor in it, put it on the track and made 1/2 a lap and it smoked the motor,
So, I have a new B44 with a broken chassis, yet to be raced, and I owe someone a new motor, and a new ESC which appears to be junk out of the box. Very dissapointing night.
That you burn your motor in just 1/2 lap is because they probably have set the RPM settings wrong.
connect it to the pc and see what the RPM settings are.
Post your setup, gearing and motor type and turns.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Tekin !
With those numbers your timing is starting to come in around 6mph (9.6kph)

Just thought you might be interested
Old 02-14-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
With those numbers your timing is starting to come in around 6mph (9.6kph)

Just thought you might be interested
is that good or bad ? it was very drivable through the infield, insane speed (compared to non tekin cars) down the straight. and temps were good.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
thanks I finally got it to go away
Did reinstalling 203 got rid of your braking problems?
Old 02-14-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
he had 1s check box coming up
Old 02-14-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Could it be possible for 203 to have some bugs, since it is technically still in beta?
Old 02-14-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

is that good or bad ? it was very drivable through the infield, insane speed (compared to non tekin cars) down the straight. and temps were good.
Depends on how slow your slowest corners are, if the layout is as large as your gearing suggests, then it probably never gets that slow.

If you have enough grip and rip out of corners then it's probably fine.
If it is bogging down a bit then maybe you need to raise the start rpm etc to prevent the timing from coming in quite so soon.

I will be checking my local track to see how fast we are actually traveling on the slower corners next weekend.

Skiddins
Old 02-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
no braking problems

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
he had 1s check box coming up
not anymore

see you tomorow
Old 02-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default help wanted badly!

Originally Posted by vitomon
hi guys,
having a little troubles with my RS esc. i am running a 13.5T x11 gearing is roughly 1:7. its a medium long track. which has a long straigt and at the end of course a strong breaking point.

esc settings are roughly:
rpm: 5000-18000
timing: 50
turbo: 10
ramp: 2
fdr: 1:7
break strenght: 100%
no heat troubles.

anyhow, i re-calibrated the esc and the transmitter lots of times. also tryed the epa settings set to 90 and then calibrating again. in any case the brakes are not there. i hit full breaks and only after roughly 2 sec. the full breaks lock in. until then the car only breaks very very slowly. however, i tried setting my dragbrakes up. so gave the esc approx. 70% drag brake. drage brakes operates normal and well. so the thing is, i have more drage brake power than full power braking.

can anyone help me out here? i read about re-calibrating but tried that 12 times now with several different settings. any other issue i might be missing??

cheers
guys
did nobody experience same problems?? need help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.