Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPMSRacing
Thats questionable, I have always ran a Z1 JR with a Spectrum system, I do remember setting it up and having to change it to servo reverse.
Both were set to reverse on my Helios with Spectrum Pro; and, on my Eurus.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK I am at the track, I have talked to all the Tekin guys here and nobody has seen this before, clogs like nobody business, I guess I will be lap traffic tonight because I didnt bring the novak with me. Some help here soon would be very helpful.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

OK I am at the track, I have talked to all the Tekin guys here and nobody has seen this before, clogs like nobody business, I guess I will be lap traffic tonight because I didnt bring the novak with me. Some help here soon would be very helpful.
can you list everything you have tried,if you can run 200 or switch to dual mode
Old 02-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Dumb question but did you check the sensor cable?

Bought my 3rd RS today!!
Old 02-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I need some more help trying to figure out the clogging on my RS Pro, tried different motors, different sensor wires, I cant figure it out. It does it from a stop, 3 leds are lit up on the esc and the motor making terrible terrible noises, I have tried rolling the car while its doing it and watching the leds, but 3 leds stay lit the whole time while it is doing it. Once it takes off it runs great until it stops or you brake then 50% of the time it will not go again and just makes terrible noises until it decides to go again.
I believe the manual states to NOT set the servo reverse. In addition I had similar issue with a novak ballistic 13.5 cogging on the start. I found I had to increase the timing on the motor to get it to stop. It works great now. Last thing to try is calibrating your radio to the esc by holding in the mode button on the esc. First three beeps will be neutral, next three is forward, and last is the brake.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Did you reset the speedo after updating?

Reset it calibrate it with your radio and test it.
It's than in dual mode. As this works fine set it in sensord mode with a basic setup and a start RPM of 5000 and a end RPM of 18000
Boost 40
Turbo 0
motor type BL-FW
keep the rest standard.
Test it again.
As it still has the problems contact Tekin. Go to there website and call them or mail them your problem.
They help you with it.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

On my RS esc i have a small issue, the check box for 1s lipo stays checked, I uncheck it then click on apply settings. then when I hook up the hotwire again it shows it checked again?? If i ckeck the speedo with out the hotwire it has on the voltage cutoff 2s. Should I worrie?
Old 02-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
On my RS esc i have a small issue, the check box for 1s lipo stays checked, I uncheck it then click on apply settings. then when I hook up the hotwire again it shows it checked again?? If i ckeck the speedo with out the hotwire it has on the voltage cutoff 2s. Should I worrie?
It seems to be a somewhat common bug. Just keep unchecking it, unplugging it, replug it and check again. It usually takes it within 2 or 3 tries. If it still doesn't do it, go back to 200 or something reload 203.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Have you tried adding timing to the motor? You mentioned that you retarded the timing. Was there a reason for this? Try 0-4 degrees on the can.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

JPMSRacing, sorry to ask you to do this but your info is spread out across several different posts and a couple different pages. Could you post your entire set-up again? Including: do you have a hotwire? What version are you using? Motor brand and timing? All the speedo settings, etc.

Cogging is usually a sensor or wire problem but if it's 2 different motors and wires, it's probably too much timing coming in to quick. I'm not sure what the three last LED's being on means, don't have the manual in front of me.

Might want to try dual mode since your running hot motors.

Also, today a friend had a similar problem and it turned out to be a bad solder joint on a motor wire. Once it finally fell off all the way and got re-soldered properly, it worked perfectly.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Brakes

I am having problems with my brakes !!! sometimes they work and sometimes the car just keeps rolling. Is my speedo broken or thats just how it is???

I am running 22% drag brake, 100% brake, and 150% on my radio
Old 02-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by King of B Main
I am having problems with my brakes !!! sometimes they work and sometimes the car just keeps rolling. Is my speedo broken or thats just how it is???

I am running 22% drag brake, 100% brake, and 150% on my radio
Are you talking about throw brakes or drag brake? Do you have any push control dialed in? If so, your drag brake and push control will try to cancel each other out.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I had the same problem Marcos. Reinstall 203 on the speedo and it should go away. I've had a couple of issues with crazy stuff and each time it was fixed by reinstalling 203.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I had the same problem Marcos. Reinstall 203 on the speedo and it should go away. I've had a couple of issues with crazy stuff and each time it was fixed by reinstalling 203.
thanks I finally got it to go away
Old 02-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys if you're having issues there are some things we must know to help out:

Software:
Motor Used:
Motor Timing:
Timing boost:
Start RPM:
End RPM:
Turbo:

The more info the better. If you've got cogging this means you HAVE sensors issues or TOO much timing TOO soon.

Post your setup so we can point you in the right direction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.