Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 02-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If your servo is "busy" it's just trying to find center. It shouldn't have anything to do with the esc.

Yes the RS pro can handle the 4.5 turn without issue.

Yes if you see "standard" that is out of the box timing which is 12 degrees.

To get rid of reverse you should run MT 1 which is brushless forward only. Review your manuals "motor type" section.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mikky32
Set your Boost down and replace it with Turbo.
As you lower your boost to 45 and set 10 Turbo, You will have a smoother acceleration.

What you also can do is use this setup.

Boost 50
Turbo 10
Turbo delay 0
Turbo ramp 2
Start RPM 5100
End RPM 17000
Throttle 5
Gearing 7FDR (to start with) Watch the motor temp.
As you don't do full throttle, your car drives easier away.
So for the infield this is better to drive.
When you hit the straight. give full throttle and you fly away.
As you want even more acceleration set your Turbo ramp to 3. Hold on this is fast.
Tried the above last night and the car was much quicker. pretty much bang on really. i thought the throttle profile was the mellow one but i realised it wasn't when setting up on hotwire (most aggressive). I thought i'd prob end up toning it down but there was no need.

I had the ramp at 2 and the gearing at 6.99 and the motor came off at 40-45 degrees celcius after 6 min!!! i reckon i'll leave the gearing as it is for my local track but gear up a for my next regional track (bigger).

Many thanks
Old 02-13-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wayne

For sma I would leave it at 12 for the slower sections

I will be at the track in the morning but have to go to work
before lunch

But I will have my laptop with me

Will not be running so can help you with a setting
just hope the weather holds out
Old 02-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
If your servo is "busy" it's just trying to find center. It shouldn't have anything to do with the esc.
I didnt think it could be cause of the ESC but when I had a LRP in the car it did nothing and switch to this and its doing it.

So is that bad on the servo? Or no.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by warnos
Just a quesiton regarding the redline motors.. The motor can came in the box with the standard timing at 12 degrees. Since the timing is now handled by the Speed Controller should I change the can timing back to 0?? Is this what everyone else is doing??

As on some of the V203 setup sheets I have noticed that the end bell timing is set to standard.. does this mean 12 degrees for the redline motor or 0 degrees..

When I run the Redline motor compared to a LRP Vector X11 is seems to have higher timing standard.. just an observation I have noticed with gearing of the two motors so I though the timing of the redline should be taken back to 0..

Cheers
The timing on the motor depends on a few things.
Track size.
Start RPM
Personal.
Gearing.

The motor timing will be used for extra top speed without using the Turbo.
I used on bigger tracks around the 10 motor timing and medium tracks around the 5 and small tracks 0.
With the V203 you can try what you like.
It gives you extra top speed and a different feel by the acceleration.
With motor timing it's a bit more aggressive will with 0 on the motor, it will be a bit smoother.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I am having issues with getting into the set up mode and making my tekin work. When I have speketrum, the motor does not move and cant get into set up mode, even after loading the software.

Then I put in synthesized receiver. Now, i have put in a synthesized receiver and not the motor works but still get into set up mode. What is going on?

A fast ESC but has major problems....Please help. Is it a faulty ESC that needs service?
Old 02-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
I am having issues with getting into the set up mode and making my tekin work. When I have speketrum, the motor does not move and cant get into set up mode, even after loading the software.

Then I put in synthesized receiver. Now, i have put in a synthesized receiver and not the motor works but still get into set up mode. What is going on?

A fast ESC but has major problems....Please help. Is it a faulty ESC that needs service?
You want to calibrate the radio or did you do this already?
Old 02-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro

I wouldn't say the speedo has major problems. I'm sure it's something very simple. Randy will be along shortly to help you with your problem. You might want to pm him your problem rather than come on here pointing fingers and posting flame faces. Trust me....I use to be in your shoes and found I catch more bee's with honey than with vinegar.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)

I need some more help trying to figure out the clogging on my RS Pro, tried different motors, different sensor wires, I cant figure it out. It does it from a stop, 3 leds are lit up on the esc and the motor making terrible terrible noises, I have tried rolling the car while its doing it and watching the leds, but 3 leds stay lit the whole time while it is doing it. Once it takes off it runs great until it stops or you brake then 50% of the time it will not go again and just makes terrible noises until it decides to go again.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JPMSRacing
I need some more help trying to figure out the clogging on my RS Pro, tried different motors, different sensor wires, I cant figure it out. It does it from a stop, 3 leds are lit up on the esc and the motor making terrible terrible noises, I have tried rolling the car while its doing it and watching the leds, but 3 leds stay lit the whole time while it is doing it. Once it takes off it runs great until it stops or you brake then 50% of the time it will not go again and just makes terrible noises until it decides to go again.
What motors were you using (specific brands and winds) and how much motor timing are in the motors. Then can you please post your RS settings along with final drive ratio and track size?
Old 02-13-2010, 08:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)

Come on Tekin guys, I am packing to race, I would hate to put my Novak back in, LOL, anyone have any Ideas???
Old 02-13-2010, 09:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by STLNLST
What motors were you using (specific brands and winds) and how much motor timing are in the motors. Then can you please post your RS settings along with final drive ratio and track size?
OK dont go postal on me but I have had in it Novak Ballistic 7.5 and 10.5, the esc is new and I am going to try and race it today, it has never been on a track, I have been running it around my shop in a 20x20ft area. Its a B44 with a 81spur and a 25 pinion with the 10.5 in it right now. Settings are 3 leds for neutral, 30degs boost, 2500-8000rpm, sensored mode, BL with delayed reverse, and I have retarded the motor timing on the end bell one line, because the straight on the track is like 30ft and the other WOT is a 30ft sweeper, the rest of the track is difficult timed jumps and 180 corners, very very technical track, lots of get on it and brake action. The whole track area is 50x75ft I think.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JPMSRacing
Come on Tekin guys, I am packing to race, I would hate to put my Novak back in, LOL, anyone have any Ideas???
Can you shed some light on what you're running?
Old 02-13-2010, 09:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Can you shed some light on what you're running?
I know I am old and slow typing, I missed your post eariler while typing.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Default quick help please

i have a friend racing today who had the small capacitor on the tekin rs speedo break off and it can't be repaired.

if he runs without the cap will it damage the speedo?

will another brand of speedo capacitor work in a pinch? ie. the novak one?

he is racing in the final leg of a series and needs help bad. any help is appreciated thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.