Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 07:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Open Control Panel. Click on System.

Beside system type it should read 32 or 64-bit Operating System.
It doesnt, it just gives the windows xp stuff. And I cant find anything that says system TYPE, just system. Still need more help.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

If it doesn't say typically it is 32 bit.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:06 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Jason Schrefflers Tq and Winning 13.5 Rubber TC Setup from Snowbirds:

Pay attention to his START rpm...this is how he can get away from a 0 delay on his turbo.
interesting, i was imagining i could increase the END rpm to locate the turbo onset, like you set a 2speed on an onroad gas car.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JPMSRacing
It doesnt, it just gives the windows xp stuff. And I cant find anything that says system TYPE, just system. Still need more help.
If you're running XP Home it's 32-bit. There's no 64-bit Home Edition. Only Professional Edition.

Right click on My Computer and click Properties. If it doesn't show x64 Edition then you are running 32-bit XP.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Just Joined

Hi All

I have just joined the Tekin army, for my son anyway

Have just ordered one from Amain, they just got stock, will it come with the new V203 software installed or do I have to get it from the web site.

Regards
Gary
Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

You're going to have to register and DL from tekins website.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSM Storm
Hi All

I have just joined the Tekin army, for my son anyway

Have just ordered one from Amain, they just got stock, will it come with the new V203 software installed or do I have to get it from the web site.

Regards
Gary
it will have 180 so you need to download it from tekin site
Old 02-02-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Pay attention to his START rpm...this is how he can get away from a 0 delay on his turbo.
Hey Randy, does this mean that he had first the Turbo coming in and than the Boost?
Has the Turbo more accelerating power than the Boost or why did he do it like this?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

One thing Randy has to change on there was overall Brake on was only at 50. This way I could slam the brakes and it only slowed the car down instead locking them up. Works in 13.5, but NOT in mod.

To be honest... the setup I ran was more from just tinkering around with our group at Horsham R/C trying to find what "felt" the best. Turbo still seems to kick in a lot like 1.99/2.00 where there is still a slight delay. If I had set it to .1 or .2, it would feel like it kicked in a little late. 0.0 was just what I personally felt worked best and it worked for all of us running 13.5.

I will say this... if anyone was at the race saw the advantage 2.03 gave us Tekin drivers... it was VERY apparent.

Jim, Sherry, Randy, and the rest of the folks at Tekin, thank you for such an awesome speed control and all the hard work to make my job that much easier.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default Snowbirds 1/12th 10.5 TQ setup

Hey
I will have my setup from the Birds on here later today. I kept playing with a few things and do not have what I ended up with written down. This is for 1/12th 10.5 single cell. TQ and finished 6th after a monumental blowout worthy of Fairtrace recognition. Thanks to everyone at Tekin, the thing was simply insane! I really think there is some left in the setup even as fast as it was, I really don't think I nailed the rollout and Boost settings perfectly, I didn't get on the track till Thursday and had problems my first two runs, just simply ran out of time.

Also for mod, I ran a 4.0T with an RS Pro. I used sensored only mode with a little timing boost and turbo boost. The thing was simply insane, very hard to drive, If i got into the throttle a little too hard corner to corner it would literally lift the front wheels off the racetrack, insane! Never got a clean/trouble free run in quals and qualed 9th, but finished 4th.

Bottom line whether mod or spec Tekin has you covered.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by schreff
One thing Randy has to change on there was overall Brake on was only at 50. This way I could slam the brakes and it only slowed the car down instead locking them up. Works in 13.5, but NOT in mod.

To be honest... the setup I ran was more from just tinkering around with our group at Horsham R/C trying to find what "felt" the best. Turbo still seems to kick in a lot like 1.99/2.00 where there is still a slight delay. If I had set it to .1 or .2, it would feel like it kicked in a little late. 0.0 was just what I personally felt worked best and it worked for all of us running 13.5.

I will say this... if anyone was at the race saw the advantage 2.03 gave us Tekin drivers... it was VERY apparent.

Jim, Sherry, Randy, and the rest of the folks at Tekin, thank you for such an awesome speed control and all the hard work to make my job that much easier.
Congratulations whit your win in the 13,5T class.

what was the advantage on the other speedo's? Top speed or acceleration or both?

I watched the ETS and the snowbirds online.
13,5 looked like mod and 17,5T looked like 13,5T.
17,5T is now a stock class and 13,5 is super stock and above that is mod.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Congratulations whit your win in the 13,5T class.

what was the advantage on the other speedo's? Top speed or acceleration or both?

I watched the ETS and the snowbirds online.
13,5 looked like mod and 17,5T looked like 13,5T.
17,5T is now a stock class and 13,5 is super stock and above that is mod.
Well, with running up against the new LRP SXX Stock Spec and the Advanced Speedo...

Bottom end power is really about equal amongst all the brands.

Top end, the Tekin owns this right now. The closing rate in qualifying and in the mains (for TC and 1s 12th) was simply crazy. Everybody saw the closing rate and speed we had. Donny's car was nuts in 12th as was mine. When I battled with Hupo for that whole 8 minutes, there were times I tapped a little giving him a gap. I would gain that gap back in the straight in a single lap. Frank Calandra shook my hand after the main for 10.5 12th and said... "like that Tekin, don't ya?".

And I agree with the classes now. We're gonna have to do some motor changing to slow things down as my 13.5 hot lap in TC was an 11.4. The quickest lap of the weekend that I saw in mod was an 11.3. I could be wrong as there may have been an 11.2 in there, but still... when 13.5 is only 1 to 2 tenths off mod, something isn't right. My qualifying time in 13.5 woulda put me 7th on grid for mod as well.

Heck, in mod, I ran a 10.5!!! And that was plenty fast.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

congratulations on your win

i am new to the Tekin but i must say what i have experienced is fantastic
Old 02-02-2010, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by schreff
Well, with running up against the new LRP SXX Stock Spec and the Advanced Speedo...

Bottom end power is really about equal amongst all the brands.

Top end, the Tekin owns this right now. The closing rate in qualifying and in the mains (for TC and 1s 12th) was simply crazy. Everybody saw the closing rate and speed we had. Donny's car was nuts in 12th as was mine. When I battled with Hupo for that whole 8 minutes, there were times I tapped a little giving him a gap. I would gain that gap back in the straight in a single lap. Frank Calandra shook my hand after the main for 10.5 12th and said... "like that Tekin, don't ya?".

And I agree with the classes now. We're gonna have to do some motor changing to slow things down as my 13.5 hot lap in TC was an 11.4. The quickest lap of the weekend that I saw in mod was an 11.3. I could be wrong as there may have been an 11.2 in there, but still... when 13.5 is only 1 to 2 tenths off mod, something isn't right. My qualifying time in 13.5 woulda put me 7th on grid for mod as well.

Heck, in mod, I ran a 10.5!!! And that was plenty fast.
Great to hear.
I race 10,5 lipo and yesterday a club member told me that he drove with a Novak GTB and a 10,5T. He told me that you than feel how fast the Tekin is. The Novak driver drove with his car and he drove straight into the wall. He want's now also a Tekin. (I'm not happy because he is a better driver than me and as he stayed with the Novak, than I was faster)

Donny Lia
You use a 10,5T Tekin redline motor?
Can you post that setup? I use a LRP 10,5T X11 for the races but as I want I can drive there also mod and I will use my Tekin motor.
The 10,5T class is now more a mod class. There are 2 Tekin drivers ad the moment and all others are LRP SPX, LRP TC and some GM drivers. The Tekin's have by far the most power. A bit to much for me to handle well.

This season I will race 13,5 lipo.
I ordered a Speedpassion V3 but I also want a Tekin 13,5T motor.
I have the 10,5T motor and I love the motor. It's fast and reliable.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:42 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Awesome Job to Schreff in TC and 12th scale. He easily had the HP To run over Hupo if he wanted to but chose to ride for 8 minutes and hope he got a clean opening. Unfortunately that never happened for him.

Tekin has done an awesome job on the software for the RS. It was fast as hell in just about all classes oval and on-road. Congrats to them on that! It was awesome in my 12th scale all weekend and set fastest lap of the weekend in 17.5 12th with an 11.1! Had a chance in the main behind Smyka but blew out as usual!

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.