Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yeah that whipping thing is very cool, thanks too for the description of the process.

So just to confirm, the copper wire actually remains around the outside of the stripped cable doesnt it?

Giorgio, im also thinking that you may have some kind of other issue too if you are blowing up a lot of blue ones. Ultimately the blue stuff is generally speaking quite reliable and for some time has been the workhorse of the brushless escs. Hopefully the RS will change things ;P

Just wondering if you were using the Blue Competition and not the TC it is only rated down to 4.5, and the 4.5 motors available now are a lot more powerfull so its possible it couldnt handle the load. If the esc were to die and lock up the motor at full tilt, i doubt the motor would be particular happy with that.

Just keep in mind that with modified on an RS, you need to get the Pro version and also do a couple of things including mount an extra cap and also mount a fan blowing across the solder posts (not mounted over the case, unfotrunately that means it does take up more chassis space). All up with the fan and extra can the system was still lighter than the blue one and took up a touch less space on my car.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Well if you are frying things that much I'd say you probably have a setup issue of some sort...either over geared or way to much bind in your drive train causing things to overheat badly.
Inspector:
Funny point: I never ever thermaled the system, I'm driving a Losi Type R, 19/94, medium/fast tracks in my area, every one with the same system is on a very similar ratio.
Never able to get a motor in the 70 Celsius.

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
If the blue 4.5 was on par for speed then go with the Tekin Redline 4.5 . If you're an a mainer you should be just fine.

I always recomend the Hotwire for tuning purposes outside of the norm.

Odd that you had such an issue with the blue. Any bad bearings in the car?
Randy: car is fine. Under ever point of view.

Mangoman:
I'm blue Tc Spec, 4.5 should be in the range
Old 09-23-2008, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Most mainstream apps don't even work on Vista 64. I work in IT and I don't even know anyone who runs it. Im surprised you are spending the time on that.
I'd disagree . I work in IT too and i have many people running 64 bit os's (xp64 and vista64) to take advantage of memory over 4gb (3gb physical 1 gb swap). Besides the memory 64 bit os's are a bit less spyware prone and offer some other speed advantages. Eitehr way as ram sizes go up you are going to see more and more vista x64 pre installed, people have already started complaining why they only 3gb ram on a 4gb system microsoft had to release a patch to "show" that the os had 4gb ram.

Very few things don't run in x64 but i have to admit they are major apps, like flash and palm desktop, most other stuff works great or you can convince it that it's on x32 using wow tricks. BTW i've gotten the hotwire to run in vista 64 ... just flaky so i switched back to x32.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't run 64 bit either. However some do and we're working on it.

The Mac stuff is going to be harder I'm sure. There are ways around it and I'm sure most of you Mac guys are familiar with it...

I blame it all on Bill Gates! LOL
Mac stuff (and linux as a by product) won't be so much harder. There is a project call Mono (no not the STD) that is essentially the .Net stack for non-windows operating systems. If you have .Net code you'll be able to port it to mac os x and linux very very soon, i think they started w/ teh client server .net stuff but i'm sure it would extend to desktop apps. Microsoft gave the mono project a bunch of cash recently to speed up the development.

X64 may be a little more difficult becuase of the mandatory DEP and various other security things that x64 has that x32 doesn't.

http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page
Old 09-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mangoman

So just to confirm, the copper wire actually remains around the outside of the stripped cable doesnt it?
correct,
Old 09-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Mac stuff (and linux as a by product) won't be so much harder. There is a project call Mono (no not the STD) that is essentially the .Net stack for non-windows operating systems.
Dude, mono is not an STD.

wikipedia mono
Old 09-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Either way guys, we're working on it. 64 bit does pose it's own hurdles.

I was not trying to offend you Giorgio. Sometimes you can get a bad esc.

I look forward to hearing how the Tekin worked for you.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yeah sounds like you havent had a lot of luck Giorgio
Old 09-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

I was not trying to offend you Giorgio. Sometimes you can get a bad esc.

I look forward to hearing how the Tekin worked for you.
Randy, no problem, there are just question, not stupid or clever ones, this is my way.

By the way, you have pm....
Old 09-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mangoman
Yeah sounds like you havent had a lot of luck Giorgio
Not that true Mangoman, this season, for the first time in my "career" I become a sponsored driver, by Matrix, Italian tyre maker.

Before my only sponsor would have been my wallet....
Old 09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

hey guys, I just got my hot wire, and it installed just fine. My question would be is what are some of the features for? For example, how do I ge the custom profile to work? Also, I set the hot wire for the 17.5 setting in the timing advance section. I also set the drag brake and the brake settings to full.

My issue is that last weekend it seemed like my RS would turn off and then come back on while I was on the track running. I'm running a 17.5 trinity motor. When I spoke to Chris at Tekin he said the hot wire would help tune the RS and it would help with my issue. He also said that I should set the timing of the motor to maximum, which I believe is 20 degrees. Also, Chris said that the factory setting from the factory is in the hybrid mode. Is this corect and if so, do I want to keep it there? Any help would be very greatfull.

I'm running 12th scale, which is a 4 cell class

Last edited by K Feath; 09-24-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

K Feath,
I would try turning timing to 0 on motor. Then try these settings with hotwire. If it does same thing try clicking sensored only box try again not changing settings. If you still have any issue lmk
drag = 25
rev = 0
brake = 75
neutral = 10
blfw
throt = 5
volt = 0
push = 0
timing = 100
current = off
Old 09-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Kenny L, I forgot to mention that I'm running 12th scale 4 cell stock. I edited my last post.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That is my 4 cell 17.5 setup
Old 09-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kenny L
That is my 4 cell 17.5 setup
Cool thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.