Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blackdog
I got this setup via a A main racer that is well know in all classes .Is this one gonna smoke my rs speedo or will it be good to go with ????.Im kinda nervous to put it on the track so if theres a Tekin rs guru that can set me in the right direction that would be great.

VTA class
v203 software
AE TC5
novak 21.5
reedy 5000 mah lipo 35c
4.6 fdr 43/100
drag brake #4 with one way
brake strength 100 % 40 in radio
neutral width 0
voltage cut off 2c
motor type BL-FW
throttle profile #3
Sensored
timing advanced 18
reverse strength 0
push contol 0
timing boost 0
turbo boost 0
turbo delay 0.2
end rpm 9002
start rpm 4082
turbo ramp 1.0

thanks in advance
Matt R aka blackdog
well there is no timing/turbo boost all it has is what ever the motor has.the start,end and turbo ramp/delay your not going to see anything.i would really like to see his car go around the track

in a vta i would go
45 timing boost
start 3500 end 11-13k
no turbo,add if you need,delay .5
ramp2
put the NW up to 15 0 is way to low
Old 01-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I got this setup via a A main racer that is well know in all classes .Is this one gonna smoke my rs speedo or will it be good to go with ????.Im kinda nervous to put it on the track so if theres a Tekin rs guru that can set me in the right direction that would be great.

VTA class
v203 software
AE TC5
novak 21.5
reedy 5000 mah lipo 35c
4.6 fdr 43/100
neutral width 0
voltage cut off 2c
motor type BL-FW
throttle profile #3
Sensored
timing advanced 18
reverse strength 0
push contol 0
timing boost 0
turbo boost 0
turbo delay 0.2
end rpm 9002
start rpm 4082
turbo ramp 1.0

thanks in advance
Matt R aka blackdog

ONE THING EVERYONE MUST TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION IS THE DIFFERENT DRIVING STYLES. (sorry for the caps lock) Most racers have an on/off throtle finger and that can get things a little hot at times. Yes they are fast but not everyone can drive this way. The best thing you can do is try those settings and take motor temps every 2min to see where you're at. If after 6min of testing or what ever your race length is se what your temp is at. If it's at a safe temp let the motor cool off and the next practice pack run the car for the full time without stopping and see what the temp is. You will know if you should adjust your settings during that first practice run. Good luck and be sure to let us know how your run went.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

VTA class
v203 software
AE TC5
novak 21.5
reedy 5000 mah lipo 35c
4.6 fdr 43/100
neutral width 0
voltage cut off 2c
motor type BL-FW
throttle profile #3
Sensored
timing advanced 18
reverse strength 0
push contol 0
timing boost 0
turbo boost 0
turbo delay 0.2
end rpm 9002
start rpm 4082
turbo ramp 1.0

thanks in advance
Matt R aka blackdog
I would try it and start there. During practice or first time out with those settings run for about 2 minutes then temp. After that run for a little longer and temp again. Like STLNLST said everyone likes things a little differently so kind of go for a feel you like the most.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Couple of quick questions, sorry if already answered.

I had a quick look last night at v203 and it seems boost does not have a ramp choice or start/end RPM. Is this correct?

If no choice is made for start/end RPM for turbo, does turbo still kick in (there is no turbo check box as in v200)?

Cheers
Old 01-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Make sure to click the "Advanced" button which expands the right side to give you more settings.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
How much energy are y'all draining in an 8 minute 12th scale 13.5 run with v203? 17.5?

I am using about 3300 mah in my 17.5 and about 4000 from my 13.5. I run at the same track as Yang "Master of ESC programming" Lai. He handed me my butt pretty well today in stock. He was running a Duo 17.5 and I was running a Ballistic. He also had the Sentry and I am waiting on mine.

I gotta give him props though for publishing his "secret sauce". He's definitely one of the good guys, even if he is a lazy butt.

Glad to race with ya buddy. Its all about getting faster, not winning at the club level!
awd, 3177 from my 17.5 and 3268 from my 13.5, i guess i don't have a good setup for 13.5 yet. lol
Old 01-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Make sure to click the "Advanced" button which expands the right side to give you more settings.
If you check again, you will see my questions are not answered after doing that.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
If you check again, you will see my questions are not answered after doing that.
it is answered when you click the ""ADVANCED" button. you will see end rpm and then a calc button and then a list of end rpms. that is for "TIMINIG BOOST". if you read the FAQ that was posted by one of the forum members, you will see that ramp is for "TURBO BOOST"

start and end rpm does not affect "TURBO BOOST" it affects "TIMING BOOST". "TURBO BOOST" is controlled by delay and ramp. But if you do not select anything for start and end rpm, then you will be using the defaults for your start and end rpms for "TIMING BOOST"

Please do a search on the forum or at least read the FAQ that was published. I think it is mention on every other page or so.

here is a link to it. this post was on the previous page.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6877524-post10888.html
Old 01-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

I think you need to read more carefully.

Reading through all the extra material does indeed answer my questions.

This in itself however demonstrates the hotwire itself (i.e going "advanced") does not answer my questions.

My original post states that quite clearly (and you implicitly agree when referring me to other material) and you need to judge my question in the context described when asked.

I have never had success using the search function on this forum, I am sorry to say, so I just gave up.

Thank you for your help.

In the instructions I have downloaded from the link above, there is talk of timing boost ramp, but hotwire does not allow you to select such an option. What is the instruction then talking about? I realise that choosing a start RPM and end RPM implies a ramp but this is not going to be the same for two different tracks/cars/driving styles. The question then becomes, is this the only timing boost ramp control? This is somewhat implied on page 19, paragraph 5, but not explicitly stated anywhere.

Also, the other question I posted above, how do you make sure no turbo is used? There is no mention of that anywhere (except for a mention that Turbo does not work in zero timing boost setups on the same page). This presents me with a difficulty as I would like to tune my speedy knowing that no turbo is added (as a first setup step).

One more gripe. There is absolutely no info anywhere and nobody cared to answer this in the past, about the Tekin Redline Kv rating though in the hotwire instructions we are advised to calculate start/end RPM for timing boost ramping based on motor Kv rating. I have at the moment a Tekin 21.5 Redline and would be very grateful if anyone could let me know what the Kv rating is?

Last edited by niznai; 01-19-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Tech Addict

This in itself however demonstrates the hotwire itself (i.e going "advanced") does not answer my questions.

My original post states that quite clearly (and you implicitly agree when referring me to other material) and you need to judge my question in the context described when asked.

I have never had success using the search function on this forum, I am sorry to say, so I just gave up.

Thank you for your help.

In the instructions I have downloaded from the link above, there is talk of timing boost ramp, but hotwire does not allow you to select such an option. What is the instruction then talking about? I realise that choosing a start RPM and end RPM implies a ramp but this is not going to be the same for two different tracks/cars/driving styles. The question then becomes, is this the only timing boost ramp control? This is somewhat implied on page 19, paragraph 5, but not explicitly stated anywhere.

Also, the other question I posted above, how do you make sure no turbo is used? There is no mention of that anywhere (except for a mention that Turbo does not work in zero timing boost setups on the same page). This presents me with a difficulty as I would like to tune my speedy knowing that no turbo is added (as a first setup step).

One more gripe. There is absolutely no info anywhere and nobody cared to answer this in the past, about the Tekin Redline Kv rating though in the hotwire instructions we are advised to calculate start/end RPM for timing boost ramping based on motor Kv rating. I have at the moment a Tekin 21.5 Redline and would be very grateful if anyone could let me know what the Kv rating is?

Turbo Ramp you can "set" as 1, 2 or 3
Boost/Timing ramp, you cannot "set" but you can control using the start and end rpm, as has been explained many times here.

Example:
Boost 50
start rpm = 1000 end rpm = 10000
this means you get 5 degrees of boost every 1000 rpm from 1000 to 10000
1000 = 5 degrees
2000 = 10 degrees
3000 = 15 degrees
4000 = 20 degrees
5000 = 25 degrees
6000 = 30 degrees
7000 = 35 degrees
8000 = 40 degrees
9000 = 45 degrees
10000 = 50 degrees

If you change the end rpm to 5000, you'll get 10 degrees every 1000 rpm instead from 1000 to 5000
1000 = 10 degrees
2000 = 20 degrees
3000 = 30 degrees
4000 = 40 degrees
5000 = 50 degrees

So you can see from the above example, you can control the ramp of the timing boost, but not "Set" it in the same way as you set the turbo ramp.

In order to have no turbo, simply set the Turbo boost to 0.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I can't sleep, so I'm looking at some sentry logs I took in the parking garage back on v200. I wrote a program to parse the XML that the sentry software writes, and converts it to a .CSV with time, throttle, rpm, and delta rpm. Excel blows, but it seems to show a little more detail on the RPM data than Sentry does.

HPI Pro 3 set up for RCGT. No body on when I was testing.
4.6 FDR
Venom 3600 NiMH battery
Tekin Redline 21.5, 0 motor timing
Vegas 200. I'm pretty sure it was 30 timing boost, and I think about 15 turbo at a delay somewhere between .5 and .7. The turbo isn't too terribly relevant to what I'm looking at right now, though.

The single most interesting thing to me is that the motor goes from a dead stop to 4000 rpm in about .2 seconds. In another .2 seconds, it's going about 5500 rpm. According to Randy, at that point the full 30 degrees of timing boost would already have been applied. In another .3 seconds, it's going 7800 rpm.

From stop
0 seconds = 0 rpm
.2 seconds = 4000 rpm
.4 seconds = 5500 rpm
.6 seconds = 7800 rpm
1 seconds = 9700 rpm
1.5 seconds = 11800 rpm
2.0 seconds = 12300 rpm
2.2 seconds = 12750 rpm, which is about where it peaked

-Mike
Old 01-20-2010, 03:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi,

is 50 degree the max. timing of the tekin rs?

the gm genius 120 has 60 degree timing, so is the gm esc faster than the tekin?
Old 01-20-2010, 03:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SebO
hi,

is 50 degree the max. timing of the tekin rs?

the gm genius 120 has 60 degree timing, so is the gm esc faster than the tekin?
technically you can run 75 deg. of timing with the timing boost and turbo boost wound out to the max, but 99% of the time you dont ever need it. its not just about which esc can apply the most timing, but how it applys it through the rpm range is the key.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
i know what the delay does but what about the prfole and ramp?
also i have my 13.5 now at start of 5400 and at 18500.was at 0.5 delay.but car wasnt coming alive untill the end of the straight.i turned the delay to 0.3 and added 3 clicks to motor timing and 3 clicks of boost.alot better.

what effect would i feel by lowering the start/end of rpm range?
by lowering the StartRPM value, you'll get the timing to start earlier you'll also give the timing advance more 'range' to increase the value...To me the lower value, gives the impression of a quicker overall car - since the timing will be starting even on the 'slower' sections of the track

I'm not a 'smooth trottle finger' guy, so I have my StartRPM set around the 1k mark on both my 12th scale and TC...and on both cars, I ran MAX timing and very low turbo (6/7 on the 12th scale and 10 on the TC) and my delay is .8 on the 12th and (i think) .7/.8 on the TC
Old 01-20-2010, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Thank you for your help.

I asked also for that info and Randy told me that they can't give it because each motor is a bit different.
The numbers are like the LRP motors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.