Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 01-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by baf1
what pos had new 203 program for one day, with 17.5 in my losi and up in smoke it went... spoke to tekin. they said to send it back well i would but dont have time or money for this s**t every time an new program comes out. the car was very fast untill it just stopped,by the way i was running an rs...gearing was 7.3, motor temp was 159deg after 6 mins....
There's nothing wrong with 159deg after 6 minutes, although a good setup with v203 can run much cooler.

Please post your settings for timing boost, turbo boost, RPM range, and Turbo delay.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've got an email conversation going on with my buddies and need some clarification on Turbo Boost. Is the Turbo Boost timing activated after Turbo Delay once the trigger hits full throttle ..... OR ..... is the Turbo Boost timing activated after the Turbo Delay once End RPM has been achieved? The latter seems to make more sense and bench testing confirms that, but I read other postings that say the first is accurate.

Thoughts?
Old 01-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VRacing
For you Tekin Guys who unfortunately have had v203 banned from your track, I found this link from a post Bob Stormer put out a couple of years back. Maybe you can print it out and post it at your local track. If it were only as easy as downloading some software, then becoming the best racer on the planet. Doesn't work that way. Handling/Power/Driver Error all produce the race result together and unfortunately for most of us - Driver has the larger part of the margin of error in the equation.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...on-thread.html

WHAT !?!?!?!, there is Tracks in USA that does not allow a specific ESC for racing ? WOW !!!

cya
Old 01-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
WHAT !?!?!?!, there is Tracks in USA that does not allow a specific ESC for racing ? WOW !!!

cya
Yes, the Vintage TransAm rules change will ban all ESCs that have adjustable timing and turbo boost.

Anybody want to buy a nice Corally RDX set up for TransAm?
Old 01-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Turbo comes on after full throtttle is held and the set delay is reached, it is independant of boost which is set by RPM.

They can overlap.. depending on how the end user has them setup.
Hope that helps.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AreCee
Yes, the Vintage TransAm rules change will ban all ESCs that have adjustable timing and turbo boost.

Anybody want to buy a nice Corally RDX set up for TransAm?

Ohhh that class, well, i can understand, i thought it was normal touring stock or super stock classes

cya
Old 01-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I've got an email conversation going on with my buddies and need some clarification on Turbo Boost. Is the Turbo Boost timing activated after Turbo Delay once the trigger hits full throttle ..... OR ..... is the Turbo Boost timing activated after the Turbo Delay once End RPM has been achieved? The latter seems to make more sense and bench testing confirms that, but I read other postings that say the first is accurate.

Thoughts?
Randy said the delay is the delay from full throttle period. No relation to RPMs. It seemed to me the motor is adding delay because it slows down when a bunch of timing is added at once and it takes a while to spool up and kick in. So in other words even if your timing boost has not been fully expended the turbo boost may add timing on top of it. The ramp rate controls how quickly that timing is added after the delay either 2, 4 or 6 degrees per 1/10th of a second.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Ohhh that class, well, i can understand, i thought it was normal touring stock or super stock classes

cya
The Novak race banned the use of 203 & the AE BD in 17.5 Touring. They were legal in 13.5 and Mod classes.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 01-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ammdrew
Turbo comes on after full throtttle is held and the set delay is reached, it is independant of boost which is set by RPM.

They can overlap.. depending on how the end user has them setup.
Hope that helps.
Originally Posted by or8ital
Randy said the delay is the delay from full throttle period. No relation to RPMs. It seemed to me the motor is adding delay because it slows down when a bunch of timing is added at once and it takes a while to spool up and kick in. So in other words even if your timing boost has not been fully expended the turbo boost may add timing on top of it. The ramp rate controls how quickly that timing is added after the delay either 2, 4 or 6 degrees per 1/10th of a second.
OK, just want to prevent doing something foolish here. So it's possible to set a 0.0 Turbo Delay with Turbo Timing at max, stab it off the line and Turbo Timing will be coming in before or at the same time as the Boost Timing. This could be a real scenario either at the start or out of any 180 style corner. This sounds like a very inefficient idea, so I wont do it. I guess it surprises me that Turbo Delay is between .0-1.0 and not higher. I don't think that any car can reach it's near top speed in less then a second. With that in mind, some overlap must be required for all this to work correctly. I see several guys using a .5 delay. Any track less then 80' straight shouldn't need Turbo anyway according to posts. OK!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Thoughts?
My understanding is the delay is from when the trigger hits full throttle. If it were RPM based there would be no need for a delay.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
If it were RPM based there would be no need for a delay.

Ver 204 ?
Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badKarma
ok, got the info...the track straight is approx 90-100ft, and the track surface it self is 100x50...so do you think the 6.7 is still too short for the 17.5 Redline? im going to by a 30 tooth pinion but whats another pinion to start with an compare? BTW im pushing a 106 spur gear...what motor temp is too hot and would indicate short gearing?
i would use a 35/36 that will put you in the 5.7 5.9 range,180 max if it cooler and fast leave it and add some more boost
Old 01-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

OK, just want to prevent doing something foolish here. So it's possible to set a 0.0 Turbo Delay with Turbo Timing at max, stab it off the line and Turbo Timing will be coming in before or at the same time as the Boost Timing. This could be a real scenario either at the start or out of any 180 style corner. This sounds like a very inefficient idea, so I wont do it. I guess it surprises me that Turbo Delay is between .0-1.0 and not higher. I don't think that any car can reach it's near top speed in less then a second. With that in mind, some overlap must be required for all this to work correctly. I see several guys using a .5 delay. Any track less then 80' straight shouldn't need Turbo anyway according to posts. OK!
Correct! The option for 0 delay is more for a scenario like this: big outdoor track with a very fast sweeper before the straight where you can't quite grab full power, but you are very near full speed. Then once you hit the straight turbo can kick in early enough to help rip down the straight. For the most part turbo should not be needed on indoor tracks and because boost now goes to 55 degrees start and end timing should be the first thing to work with.
Not knowing how timing applies and having so many options when it comes to how the esc adds timing means there are that many ways to overtime and cook a motor...I sense motor sales have been increasing as of Jan 1.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Krio
Correct! The option for 0 delay is more for a scenario like this: big outdoor track with a very fast sweeper before the straight where you can't quite grab full power, but you are very near full speed. Then once you hit the straight turbo can kick in early enough to help rip down the straight. For the most part turbo should not be needed on indoor tracks and because boost now goes to 55 degrees start and end timing should be the first thing to work with.
Not knowing how timing applies and having so many options when it comes to how the esc adds timing means there are that many ways to overtime and cook a motor...I sense motor sales have been increasing as of Jan 1.
The GM drivers now how to burn a motor around here.
A Team driver burnt his motor when he wanted to keep up with a Tekin lol.
He was not happy.
A lot of GM drivers are selling there GM 120 with the latest firmware.
This because the GM reached his top speed with the speedo lol.
They all buy the new one or switch to Tekin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.