Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 01-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cammer
So knowing how it works lets put the points in.

Low RPM should be your slowest corner exit?
High RPM should be highest infield speed?
Turbo should hit on the straight at about 110% of high infield RPM?

Ramp would be determined by how tight the track is?

Initial timing should be as low as possible, 5 degrees?

Would these set points be correct, any thoughts?
It's a little hard to explain without drawing it out but the low RPM should be below what you see at the lowest speed on the track. Otherwise if you make a mistake it's going to feel very flat at the lower speed until the boost starts to add in. But set it too low and it's going to get hot and feel flat from being overtimed. There's a happy medium that needs to be figured out.

Turbo settings would be the last thing I would set. Quicker ramp rate (3) for classes like oval and longer ramp rate (1) for classes like dirt.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've deleted all Tekin programs, opened cookies and I still don't get the mail back link.

Using outlook express on a notebook with internet exp 7 any suggestions? I have done re-starts as well.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

To anyone who may be able to provide assistance:

With v.200 S/W, it has always been clear when the turbo would kick in (clear large increase in RPM after a delay at full throttle..when testing the car on a stand).

Now that I installed v.203 (same timing and turbo boost setup a v.200), there is no marked increase in RPM anymore, constant max RPM at full throttle.

Has anyone experienced this?
I would have assumed that the turbo function would work the same as before, especially since the start and end RPM settings are meant for timing boost and not turbo boost.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
MH
Old 01-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
what motor?
Orion vortex 13.5.. Thx
Old 01-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I've deleted all Tekin programs, opened cookies and I still don't get the mail back link.

Using outlook express on a notebook with internet exp 7 any suggestions? I have done re-starts as well.
make sure ur pc or laptop is all up to date! all drivers and softwares! then try it!
Old 01-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B
It's a little hard to explain without drawing it out but the low RPM should be below what you see at the lowest speed on the track. Otherwise if you make a mistake it's going to feel very flat at the lower speed until the boost starts to add in. But set it too low and it's going to get hot and feel flat from being overtimed. There's a happy medium that needs to be figured out.

Turbo settings would be the last thing I would set. Quicker ramp rate (3) for classes like oval and longer ramp rate (1) for classes like dirt.
For sure Turbo would be last thing set. You don't think that the base timing of the motor would not give you max torque pulling out of a chicane? That is also where your additional timing would start to kick in, so it would only be at base for less than a tenth of a second. I think you made a good call on the ramp rates, there may be some exceptions if the track is more technical you may switch from a 2 to a 3 but only on carpet. Maybe run 3 with foam tires?
Old 01-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhavlena

With v.200 S/W, it has always been clear when the turbo would kick in (clear large increase in RPM after a delay at full throttle..when testing the car on a stand).

Now that I installed v.203 (same timing and turbo boost setup a v.200), there is no marked increase in RPM anymore, constant max RPM at full throttle.

I would have assumed that the turbo function would work the same as before, especially since the start and end RPM settings are meant for timing boost and not turbo boost.

Regards,
MH
i did but timing is now in the 50's,click the advance button and you will see the new stuff that is the 203 version.what motor are you using
Old 01-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the quick reply:

I'm using the Novak 17.5 SS Pro (2S Lip TC)...I have always used an interesting setup for V.200 (NO timing boost but MAX Turbo with 0.5 delay). I know this is a strange setup, but for the track that I race at, my car has been significantly faster than everyone else', so didn't want to mess with it.

Now that I installed v.203, there is no marked increase in RPM anymore. Unfortunatley, I had to revert back to v.200 to get the turbo to work.

Any ideas?
Thanks
MH
Old 01-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

thanks

Last edited by rcsteve86; 01-01-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: deleted email address
Old 01-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mhavlena

Regards,
MH
My guess is you have to go through calibrating the RS to your transmitter again. You normally have to do this after updating the firmware on the speed controller as it is reset during the update.

Mine was fine after doing this.

Trev
Old 01-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rcsteve86
Can somebody send software update to [email protected], It will greatly be appreciated, thanks!!!
no.you have to go to tekin hompage,register and you will get a quick email and there it is
Old 01-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcsteve86
Can somebody send software update to [email protected], It will greatly be appreciated, thanks!!!
ygm
Old 01-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default tekin RS w/ tekin 17.5

any one have a good setting for the rs w/ 17.5 for carpet races.thanks.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
no.you have to go to tekin hompage,register and you will get a quick email and there it is
thanks
Old 01-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by teogra
any one have a good setting for the rs w/ 17.5 for carpet races.thanks.
look at randy setup that he posted,i know it says 13.5 but for 17.5 indoor it shoud be close maybe a fdr in the low to mid 6.'s

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.