Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I'd love to hear how you determined that a 17.5 spools to 7k in .1 seconds.

On the bench I have 17.5 motors spooled out to ridicules RPM's, but on the track I find different values due to the load. Just for fun . . .

Lets say your 17.5 12th scale hits 24 mph at the end of your straight with a 3.35" rollout.

24MPH / 60 = .4 Miles Per Minute
.4 MPM x 5,280 = 2,112 Feet Per Minute
2,112 FPM X 12 = 25,344 inches per minute
25,344 IPM / 3.35 IPR = 7,565 RPM

For those mathletes who wanted, by knowing your speed at the fastest section of the track, you can work backwards to the end RPM to input.
Great observation Andrew using top speed is a great way to help determine rpm of the motor which would lead to settings for rpm boost range. I wish I would have pulled my head out sooner and thought of that.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

do the end rpm and start save because i see different one after i go back in.and if turbo is no longer needed does the delay still play in affect to the start rpm
Old 12-31-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
do the end rpm and start save because i see different one after i go back in.and if turbo is no longer needed does the delay still play in affect to the start rpm
End RPM walks around ever so slightly.

The start should be really close to the same after you go back in.

Also, just an FYI from other posts, from track use observations 7k as a "end" rpm provided slow results. Car was sluggish and pulls for crap.

Tim
Old 12-31-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I CANT believe someones really complaining about not having the setups already etc...bla bla bla...tell you what i myself am very greatfull for this, and from now on, you can count me being a tekin custy for as long as i run electric...and ESPECIALLY if and WHEN the other companies jump on the bandwagon, anyhow this is to let randy,and Tekin with a truelly BIG THANKS, and happy new year..good luck to the team on soon upcoming races, and i will play to see what each button/option does what for myself first, than take suggested setups as well. GREAT JOB GUYS, WITH THE RECESSION RIGHT NOW, AND HOLIDAYS, I COMMEND YOUR COMPANY....just HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY..lol even the WIFE, yes i said wife, and i quote her, thats AMAZING that a company offers the FREE softare upgrades,being high-end equipment,and not a toy for the kids...LOL i was SHOCKED, as anything i ever buy was to much..etc...im sure many can relate...HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL,GODSPEED AND BE SAFE

TEKIN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cammer
and some oval settings.
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showpo...postcount=2062
Old 12-31-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Stamper
End RPM walks around ever so slightly.

The start should be really close to the same after you go back in.

Also, just an FYI from other posts, from track use observations 7k as a "end" rpm provided slow results. Car was sluggish and pulls for crap.

Tim
mine goes from 3500k start and 4500k end but i had 7k and 1k during the apply
Old 12-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
mine goes from 3500k start and 4500k end but i had 7k and 1k during the apply
mine still shows 18k-8kish after, just hooked it up.

It took 1-2 times applying the settings for my first time to get it to stick though. Also after setting it up, I would suggest always closing and re opening the program. The download I had would lock out the advanced button and had issues displaying the rpm correctly.

Tim
Old 12-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

First off thank you Tekin for this update for free.

I had a chance to run this new 203. There are some differences with this one compered to the Vegas 200. 25 of boost in the 203 is not the same as 25 in 200. As the car was much slower. WHen I went up to 50 boost I blew my 2 rear tires apart!!! I made the change to 50 boost and turned the car on. I hit the throttle once with the car on my pit stand. I was really surprised of the sound. I did it again and I heard a POP!! My rear tires blew apart. They were worn Jaco blues but still.

The new boost start and end point is very interesting. When you hit the start rpm the car jumps forward. It is really impressive. I tried both 13.5 and 17.5. In 13.5 the car was way to fast for our small 65x36 track. The 17.5 felt like a slower 13.5. I was able to run a 9.3 which is .1 faster than a fast lap before. I am also running a new T3 that I am still working on setup. SO I feel I will drop another .2 tenths.

This new software is no joke. It is almost unfair to those that do not have one of these new Tekin's for 17.5. It makes the motor a whole different beast.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We do NOT want this software posted up on any other site. If we do see it we will likely request that it be removed.

Please understand that the small bit of info that we're asking for to get this free software will help us understand who's using our speedo's and in what applications to BETTER SERVE YOU!

I will post up some setups in a few minutes for everyone to enjoy.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
We do NOT want this software posted up on any other site. If we do see it we will likely request that it be removed.

Please understand that the small bit of info that we're asking for to get this free software will help us understand who's using our speedo's and in what applications to BETTER SERVE YOU!

new software, now setups

it's like two christmas' in one day
Old 12-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
First off thank you Tekin for this update for free.

I had a chance to run this new 203. There are some differences with this one compered to the Vegas 200. 25 of boost in the 203 is not the same as 25 in 200. As the car was much slower. WHen I went up to 50 boost I blew my 2 rear tires apart!!! I made the change to 50 boost and turned the car on. I hit the throttle once with the car on my pit stand. I was really surprised of the sound. I did it again and I heard a POP!! My rear tires blew apart. They were worn Jaco blues but still.
Was waiting for someone to post something like that. It has insane RPM gains and really was unfair to the guys not running a mamba or advanced. Those speedos were also shot down by the new profile. It put a devilish grin on my face when i yanked the throttle the first time too.

Tim
Old 12-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That is crazy! Now its back to the drawing board on finding a new faster setup.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

I did this with the V200.Boost max and Turbo max and even my inserts flew of.
I don't even dare to do it with this version and my 10,5.
I gave a bit gas with my 10,5 on 2 cell lipo and a was halfway and than hit the brakes. It scarred me.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks Randy.

Can't wait to use this on Sunday and at the US On-Road Champs race next week.

Has someone at Tekin put together a help file that explains the new controls and how to intact with each other?

Are the boost and turbo numbers in deg or arbitrary?
Old 12-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Thanks, are there also some 10,5T 2cell lipo setups for indoor tracks?
I was looking on the website but the most drivers use 13,5 and 17,5.

Originally Posted by Mugen10
That is crazy! Now its back to the drawing board on finding a new faster setup.
Yes but I believe that I will go very fast fast and that can only go even faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.