Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

what's the latest version out now?
Old 12-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

200 vegas
Old 12-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theisgroup
i am with you. in 17.5 i run between 6-8 timing boost and we run on a big track. I am glad that it is about the same on a small track like DRCW. how are the racers there? i got to run there once when I was doing some work at our office up there. trying to figure a way to get back there to run with ya guys again.

here is my 17.5 1/12 setup. I usually run 10-12mm higher then other tekin drivers at my track
motor timing: 0
timing boost: 5-8
turbo: max
delay: 1.2
push: 90
drag: 0
throttle 5
brushless-forward
cut off: 0
neutral: 0
reverse: off
brake: 100

roll out 103-105mm
At DRCW we're running rubber tires in 17.5 TC, 1/12 is 10.5, and WGT is 13.5. The layout is more open than is has been in a while, but you still need to get off the corner well to turn a good lap.

That said, I'm pretty sure I'm geared a lot lighter than even the other tekin guys, but I'm pretty happy with everything. I'm running a 4.91 FDR in 17.5 TC.

In pretty much every class, everyone's stepped up this year. The new layout isn't real marshal heavy, you can usually drive away from a mistake without help, which is letting everyone drive cleaner and faster. IIRC, A-main TC grid was covered by just a little over a lap [low 11 second range], and the top 4 in the B-main was covered by about 6 seconds. We only had one main of 1/12, mix of fast and beginner guys, and WGT has a handful of guys, with more in the works. Fun times.

I think you misunderstood the timing Stiltskin and I were discussing though, he was talking about endbell timing.

My settings:
V200
0 timing on motor
.5 delay
max turbo
20 boost
20 push
profile 3
max brake
56 NW

I don't feel like I'm getting pulled on the straight compared to the other guys, but on the start of the TC B-main last Saturday, I started 4th, spread out pretty good, and was at 2nd's front fender by the second corner. So if I can keep a clean start, my car scoots off the corner nice and strong.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

ahhh, i would think that end bell timing and timing boost would not make much difference. I mean timing boost kicks in pretty much as soon as you start to move. the only difference would be at the start of a race and when you peg a board
Old 12-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
200 vegas
thanks, and how's it different from the regular 200?
Old 12-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theisgroup
ahhh,

i would think that end bell timing and timing boost would not make much difference. I mean timing boost kicks in pretty much as soon as you start to move. the only difference would be at the start of a race and when you peg a board
Playing around with it, I would have to disagree.

From my experience, end bell timing is always there. Timing boost has a very slight delay, maybe due to how the sensors read or whatever the reason, but there seems to be 5-10 feet of roll before it seems like the boost comes into play, and then of course your time delay before turbo tries to stop the earth's rotation.

Either way, running around 12 degrees on the endbell and no boost doesn't "feel" as strong off the corner to me as 12 boost and zero on the end bell. On top of that, 12 degrees on the motor with zero boost bumps my temps up around 155 after 6 minutes, where my temps are around 130 with zero on the motor and 12 boost AND I like the way it feels better.

I don't think I drive differently based on where the timing comes into play, but that's what I've observed. At the moment I'm quite happy to run cool, but quick, than to try and push the limits.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Playing around with it, I would have to disagree.

From my experience, end bell timing is always there. Timing boost has a very slight delay, maybe due to how the sensors read or whatever the reason, but there seems to be 5-10 feet of roll before it seems like the boost comes into play, and then of course your time delay before turbo tries to stop the earth's rotation.

Either way, running around 12 degrees on the endbell and no boost doesn't "feel" as strong off the corner to me as 12 boost and zero on the end bell. On top of that, 12 degrees on the motor with zero boost bumps my temps up around 155 after 6 minutes, where my temps are around 130 with zero on the motor and 12 boost AND I like the way it feels better.

I don't think I drive differently based on where the timing comes into play, but that's what I've observed. At the moment I'm quite happy to run cool, but quick, than to try and push the limits.
that is good feedback. I have not noticed a difference between motor timing and timing boost. I use timing boost because I have more control on the speedo and also, i am a lazy bastard and in a 1/12 you always have to pull the motor to adjust endbell timing.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default New Rs pro and hot wire has arrived - now for the questions

My new RS Pro and hotwire came today, And as Im totally crap with any thing electrical I have lots of questions. I have recieved an email from Randy with the new V200 software which I now have on my lap top. The hotwire came with a cd with V2.7 on it but I see there is a hotwire down load on the Tekin website that is V3.25. Im confussed do I load the disc or download the V3.25 from the website or does the email I received from Randy have the hotwire soft ware in it ??? sorry guys any help would be really help full
Old 12-22-2009, 11:46 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stitchy
thanks, and how's it different from the regular 200?
v200 introduced the turbo boost with a minimum 0.5 sec time delay for sensored only, the vegas version is unchanged except it allowed the time delay to be set to a smaller value (min .2sec?)
Old 12-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
My new RS Pro and hotwire came today, And as Im totally crap with any thing electrical I have lots of questions. I have recieved an email from Randy with the new V200 software which I now have on my lap top. The hotwire came with a cd with V2.7 on it but I see there is a hotwire down load on the Tekin website that is V3.25. Im confussed do I load the disc or download the V3.25 from the website or does the email I received from Randy have the hotwire soft ware in it ??? sorry guys any help would be really help full
you want vegas 200. not sure when randy sent you and email, but if it was after vegas, then that is probably vegas 200. that is the newest released version
Old 12-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
You only need to load what Randy sent you. It trumps the cd and the website.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
You only need to load what Randy sent you. It trumps the cd and the website.
Cool thanks for that. Im affraid I have lots of questions so be prepared.
Can I update the esc before I put it in the car, does it have to be callibrated to my futaba hand controller 1st before I can update the esc to v200. Also does the esc need to connected to a battery and the radio receiver to be updated or will it run off the power from my lap top. ??
Old 12-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

nope, no battery needed and calibration is after you load the new software
Old 12-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default set up

Cool thanks for that. Im affraid I have lots of questions so be prepared.
Can I update the esc before I put it in the car YES
Does it have to be callibrated to my futaba hand controller 1st before I can update the esc to v200 NO
Also does the esc need to connected to a battery and the radio receiver to be updated NO
Will it run off the power from my lap top.YES
HTH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.