Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Furman
rough ETA?
Snowbirds?
Old 12-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Uga
Tech Regular

Hi,

a friend of mine has a problem with his new RS: sometimes after standing still on the starting line for 30+ sec the motor won't run and he'll miss the start. It's strange because he ran a few warmup laps before that and it was OK, but after taking starting position you have to unload the rear tires to make the motor run, after that the whole run is OK.

Using 2S Lipo in World GT with newest software updated, Tekin Redline 17.5T motor, temp is fine, usually under 60°C.

Has anybody seen something simillar?
Old 12-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Uga
Hi,

a friend of mine has a problem with his new RS: sometimes after standing still on the starting line for 30+ sec the motor won't run and he'll miss the start. It's strange because he ran a few warmup laps before that and it was OK, but after taking starting position you have to unload the rear tires to make the motor run, after that the whole run is OK.

Using 2S Lipo in World GT with newest software updated, Tekin Redline 17.5T motor, temp is fine, usually under 60°C.

Yup,

1. motor overheated at one point, try different motor
2. sensor cable is bad, try a different sensor cable
3. reflash the Tekin (highly doubt this is the problem)
Old 12-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Uga
Hi,

I had the same thing happen to me this past weekend. After going thru everything found to be the sensor wire. I unplugged it and plugged it in a few times on the speedo and problem solved. All my stuff, motor speedo combo was new. First time out with it in the WGT this past weekend.. After that all was good. Hopefully thats your problem too.. Hope this helps..
Old 12-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkdut
You need the booster or receiver pack to get everything to function properly.
Originally Posted by Geezatec
I've emailed Ty @ Tekins a months ago. Going with 1S lipos. You do have to install a booster, or a battery pack, one or the other, but not both. Hotwire do ck on 1S lipo. He say www.tqcells.com has a good one.

Good Luck!

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stop by Doc's house tonight picked up a TQ booster badda bing like magic everthing is working now

thank you for all your help!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

could anyone recommend me what size pinion and spur for a tekin 21.5 motor running a tekin rs with a trans ratio of 1.7 (xray 009) to get a idea on a correct starting fdr ive got a 33 pinion and 71 spur in there at the moment giving me a fdr of 3.66 but it got fairly hot after only a few laps and its all ive been able to get down as time has been an issue for me. would it be over geared or under geared, im not sure if its my gearing or my esc settings at full throttle you can hear the turbo quiet loud sorta sounds like its rev'ing to hard when at full throttle.
sorry for the random questions if they have been answered before also i cant post my esc settings untill i get a chance to borrow a mates hotwire
Old 12-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattyau
could anyone recommend me what size pinion and spur for a tekin 21.5 motor running a tekin rs with a trans ratio of 1.7 (xray 009) to get a idea on a correct starting fdr ive got a 33 pinion and 71 spur in there at the moment giving me a fdr of 3.66 but it got fairly hot after only a few laps and its all ive been able to get down as time has been an issue for me. would it be over geared or under geared, im not sure if its my gearing or my esc settings at full throttle you can hear the turbo quiet loud sorta sounds like its rev'ing to hard when at full throttle.
sorry for the random questions if they have been answered before also i cant post my esc settings untill i get a chance to borrow a mates hotwire
I've been racing with a final drive of 4.6 in my RCGT and have been faster than most on the straights. NiMH 3600, Tekin RS, Tekin Redline 21.5, 10 deg on the can, 15 boost, 10 turbo, .7 delay. I experimented in the parking garage with less timing (especially down low) and a 4.2 final drive, but results were inconclusive.

final = internal * spur / pinion
pinion = internal * spur / final
spur = final * pinion / internal

A 26T pinion would give you 4.6. An 89 spur would with the same pinion would also give you 4.6.

-Mike
Old 12-15-2009, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I've been racing with a final drive of 4.6 in my RCGT and have been faster than most on the straights. NiMH 3600, Tekin RS, Tekin Redline 21.5, 10 deg on the can, 15 boost, 10 turbo, .7 delay. I experimented in the parking garage with less timing (especially down low) and a 4.2 final drive, but results were inconclusive.

final = internal * spur / pinion
pinion = internal * spur / final
spur = final * pinion / internal

A 26T pinion would give you 4.6. An 89 spur would with the same pinion would also give you 4.6.

-Mike
cheers mike, i think i got 26t around. ill give it ago next chance i get
Old 12-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
No, it's smart adaptive control. I'm sure as the motor load lightens it increases timing. This also helps keep the motor operating at its highest efficiency thus using less battery power.

Hopefully this is what Tekin is working on and that the current Micro in the Rs can handle the computational needs.
I'm more than sure it won't take much to see what's components are inside the ESC and what it does for Tekin to come up with an answer...

If you understand an engineers mind, it is all just a mind game to "crack the code" and, naturally...

improve it

And then refine it!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How big is the track? does it has a long sweeper, or is a U turn after the straightaway?
I believe you are way off your gearing... unless your track is really really big...

on a 90 feet straight with a long sweeper, you could try a FDR 5.4 and adjust from there according to temps...
Old 12-15-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

A good place to start is around 5.0 check your temps and adjust from there. Good luck.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casey Belarde
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stop by Doc's house tonight picked up a TQ booster badda bing like magic everthing is working now

thank you for all your help!!!
No problem. I experienced something similar when converting over to 1S.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I'd like to see some 17.5 setups that are working out for you guys. I'm pretty happy with mine right now, but would like to see what's working for you guys. Post track size and tire type as well.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I'm hoping to get some in the next few weeks
Old 12-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I'd like to see some 17.5 setups that are working out for you guys. I'm pretty happy with mine right now, but would like to see what's working for you guys. Post track size and tire type as well.
+1
I can't get mine figured out.
5.0 fdr, 8 motor, 20 boost, max turbo, .5 sec. tekin 17.5 motor. What I've found works best for me but lacking punch..... big time!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.