Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theisgroup
interesting. so when you say it plays with the voltage, and does not past the voltage of the pack, does that mean, that it provides a constant 4.21V to the motor during hard acceleration, or maybe even during low current draw?
I don't now when it uses it but I think in the beginning.
It can easily locate the position of the rotor this way and nows better were it is. This way the motor runs better.
To let a motor run on a sensor, you must now it's position. The better the speedo nows it's position the better the speedo can do it's work and the motor will go faster.

There is a sort of Voltage booster in the speedo that changes the Voltage.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

The AE is winning in the first few meters. After that it is as fast as any other speedo.

I don't now if Tekin can do it with there current speedo.
I hope they can.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by theisgroup
not what I was saying.

all speedos maybe using pwm drive circuits. But it seams that the AE maybe the only one that varies the frequency. and it looks like the higher the freq the more power the pwm circuit requires. I understand that there is a port on the speedo and that it is said that it is only because of the BEC that people use it. I am just saying that maybe it is not just for the convenience, but that the "recommended" configuration is to have the rx pack connected to the speedo. And the reason is that the pwm circuit when varying the freq to a high freq may require a more consistent power source then the varying power source of the main 3.7v battery pack. especially during hard acceleration, which is where the AE shines. at no point did I say that the RX is used to drive the motor.
The CRC guys is Vegas were not using any more power from their Rx packs than anyone else - not likely that your theory is correct.

Originally Posted by oze
Your motor + ESC boost timing together should not exceed 30. Yours was 45, so it generated lots of heat. Go back to 5 on the motor and 25 on the ESC and it will not generate heat. (this is just an example, you can go to 15-15, 10-20, 14-16, etc. but maybe 30 is too much and you need 0-25 only).

I suggest you to follow these steps to set up your esc:
1. gear the car light
2. set up your motor timing. to do so, run the car on the track and monitor your in-field performance. try different combinations of motor and esc timing, but the sum should not exceed 30. do not measure your top speed in the straight, it is not important yet
3. when you are satisfied with the behavior of your car in the corners, set up the gearing. run 3 minutes and measure the temperature of your motor. the gearing is right if you get 80deg C. If you have more, make the gearing shorter, if you measure colder, then you can make the gearing longer. make sure you always start your 3 minutes with cold motor.
4. now, your in-field performance is set. you have to set up the esc for the straight. start with turbo 10 and turbo delay 0,8s (on a long straight, but if you drive on a small track you can start from 0,5s). you have to set up the turbo value in a way that your car accelerates to a meaningful top speed and you set up the timing in a way that you can see only one acceleration and not two.

hope this helps
Oze, thank you for your help, but I knew this. I was explaining that the AE BD speedo is not only about timing, and showing how we had tested that.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikky32
The AE is winning in the first few meters. After that it is as fast as any other speedo.

I don't now if Tekin can do it with there current speedo.
I hope they can.
That was the same problem I was facing and trying so hard to match. Unfortunately Tekins 2 stage timing increase + delay is the reason nothing much can be done to help low to mid acceleration. I believe the RS can be improved further with better firmware by changing the way timing is applied. Timing should be applied little at a time in a linear manner instead of in lumps....
Old 12-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey guys think i toaster my rs, quick question though i did the old +ve to -ve etc trick and the cap went pop, if i plug in the esc the lights do blink but the esc doesnt register with the reciever. Reciver is fine though. much chance of fixing it or is it a bin job?
Old 12-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm having no luck in using the search function, so I apologise if it's been asked, but what would be a good starting point for rollout/timing etc for a
F104 Pro with the RS 21.5T combo.

Track is free flowing with a little infield. I would be intersted in hearing others F104pro setup's. Thanks
Old 12-04-2009, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyanyde
That was the same problem I was facing and trying so hard to match. Unfortunately Tekins 2 stage timing increase + delay is the reason nothing much can be done to help low to mid acceleration. I believe the RS can be improved further with better firmware by changing the way timing is applied. Timing should be applied little at a time in a linear manner instead of in lumps....
I agree with you but with a good setup it's fast.
But it will be easier as it is applied in bits (dynamic timing).
Old 12-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone successfully installed Hotwire software on a Windows 7 64 bit system? I looked around on the Tekin forum, but didn't find too much other than people that had done dual boot systems.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Version 200 allows you to adjust the turbo boost time down to .5s, if you need to go lower than that you'll want the V200 Vegas version.
so there's two version's of 200? how do you know which you have?
Old 12-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scr_achy
Thanks to a member on here and his computer smarts in coding programs my Hotwire now works on my laptop!

I have version 200 on there now and I'm looking for the version that allows me to adjust the trubo boost time. 200. something?

If you have it, can you please e-mail me a copy at [email protected] I'd greatly appreciate it!
Dude, I just bought a Tekin and my Hotwire doesn't work on my laptop, where can I get a version ? Thanks
Old 12-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
so there's two version's of 200? how do you know which you have?
Yes there 200 and Vegas 200. If it goes down to 2 turbo delay it's Vegas 200
Old 12-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

so what version of 200 was posted a few pages back?
Old 12-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

i posted vegas
Old 12-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit_dad
Dude, I just bought a Tekin and my Hotwire doesn't work on my laptop, where can I get a version ? Thanks
what system do you have
Old 12-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default v200

Originally Posted by MaxSp97
Vegas is sent.
max i just have my hotwire can u send me vegas200 to my email [email protected] thanks a lot bro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.