Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oldrcr
sorry, didn't mean to call you out on the info, I wasn't sure if you had found out something new that said that they were actually voltage boosting.

I would think that anything that is being done with the black diamond esc would be able to be replicated via software, which is why I like the Tekin esc so much. Now if they could speed up the progress on the new version of hotwire software to adapt to the competiton.
they did make life difficult by their choice of OS to use for the programming of the hotwire/RS system.

Anyway, the sooner the better, so we can see more of these
No problem. I posted it to fast.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Initiate

What would happen if you ran 0.0 delay for the turbo and went down like 4 teeth on the pinion?

Would that roughly do the same thing the AE is doing? (or at least give you similar results?)
Old 12-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I dont think u can go lower then .2 , mine will not go any lower.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pink and Blue
What would happen if you ran 0.0 delay for the turbo and went down like 4 teeth on the pinion?

Would that roughly do the same thing the AE is doing? (or at least give you similar results?)
No the AE is working different.
It plays with the Voltage. It higher's the Voltage to accelerate. it plays with it's Voltage. (it will not higher the Voltage above the Voltage of the lipo)
And it plays different with the timing.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Black
I dont think u can go lower then .2 , mine will not go any lower.

You can go lower then .2 with the 199 team version.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
No the AE is working different.
It plays with the Voltage. It higher's the Voltage to accelerate. it plays with it's Voltage. (it will not higher the Voltage above the Voltage of the lipo)
And it plays different with the timing.
this is my speculation as well. has someone actually verified that it boosts motor voltage?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theisgroup
this is my speculation as well. has someone actually verified that it boosts motor voltage?
It's not a speculation any more. I got the info from the distributor from the speedo in Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg.

It does it also to the receiver.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikky32
It's not a speculation any more. I got the info from the distributor from the speedo in Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg.

It does it also to the receiver.
interesting. so when you say it plays with the voltage, and does not past the voltage of the pack, does that mean, that it provides a constant 4.21V to the motor during hard acceleration, or maybe even during low current draw?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

You can Set it to 0 but that Version actually HAs the Half of the v200 Max Turbo Degree...
Best option is V198 with no Turbo but 45 Timing boost
Old 12-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
interesting. so when you say it plays with the voltage, does and not past the voltage of the pack, does that mean, that it provides a constant 4.21V to the motor during hard acceleration, or maybe even during low current draw?
the Volatege is same on any ESC, just diffrent frequency of voltage going in to a motor adjust RPM called PMV? VMP?
Old 12-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
the Volatege is same on any ESC, just diffrent frequency of voltage going in to a motor adjust RPM called PMV? VMP?
PWM: Pulse Width Modulation. Higher frequency means higher RPM. The speedo feeds pusled DC to the motor, like a variable frequency drive feeds a large three phase AC motor in industrial applications.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
PWM: Pulse Width Modulation. Higher frequency means higher RPM. The speedo feeds pusled DC to the motor, like a variable frequency drive feeds a large three phase AC motor in industrial applications.
man, really quite interesting. instead of using a steady state drive circuit, using the PWM drive circuit, the speedo can provide max torque out of the motor at any rpm. the only limiting factor is the amount of current that is available. i also see that the power required to run the PWM drive circuit is more then a steady state drive circuit, so that may explain why the "RX" pack is direct connected to the speedo to allow for max performance of the PWM drive circuit.

or at leat that is my understand from what I have read
Old 12-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

No, no...this is not how the ae bd has its advantage. It is ALL in the timing. The rx pack being plugged into the esc was to use the internal bec rather than an external bec like most esc's would require. This is a convenience perk, not a speed producer. There is just a port to plug the receiver pack in. If you don't plug in the receiver pack and just use an external bec there is no difference in the performance. Also, ALL esc's use PWM since the inception of the electronic speed contol.
Right now the tekin acts like a 3 speed transmission. This is better than first gen brushless systems that had a fixed timing through the whole rpm. The BD takes it to the next level. There is no voltage "boosting" or anything.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
No, no...this is not how the ae bd has its advantage. It is ALL in the timing. The rx pack being plugged into the esc was to use the internal bec rather than an external bec like most esc's would require. This is a convenience perk, not a speed producer. There is just a port to plug the receiver pack in. If you don't plug in the receiver pack and just use an external bec there is no difference in the performance. Also, ALL esc's use PWM since the inception of the electronic speed contol.
Right now the tekin acts like a 3 speed transmission. This is better than first gen brushless systems that had a fixed timing through the whole rpm. The BD takes it to the next level. There is no voltage "boosting" or anything.
+1. Exactly. The question now is, how much work will Tekin have to do to catch up and pass the AEBD in performace? Kinda sucks we haven't heard one encouraging work from Randy or Ty about when this day may come.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

not what I was saying.

all speedos maybe using pwm drive circuits. But it seams that the AE maybe the only one that varies the frequency. and it looks like the higher the freq the more power the pwm circuit requires. I understand that there is a port on the speedo and that it is said that it is only because of the BEC that people use it. I am just saying that maybe it is not just for the convenience, but that the "recommended" configuration is to have the rx pack connected to the speedo. And the reason is that the pwm circuit when varying the freq to a high freq may require a more consistent power source then the varying power source of the main 3.7v battery pack. especially during hard acceleration, which is where the AE shines. at no point did I say that the RX is used to drive the motor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.