Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 11-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Yang was talking about brushless...not brushed. Note in his 2nd post on this page he mentions using it with a 13.5.
Speaking about push control. Push control is used for only brushed motors, not on Brushless. according to RS manual. Can anybody else confirm this. That's why push control is turned off on my brushless, 12th scale.

So yang should have push control off, if he's useing brushless. If he has it on, no matter what setting he looses drag brakes. Can anybody confirm this??
Old 11-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Speaking about push control. Push control is used for only brushed motors, not on Brushless. according to RS manual. Can anybody else confirm this. That's why push control is turned off on my brushless, 12th scale.
In the newer software versions it can be used in both brushed and brushless modes.

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Push control is active in both brushed AND brushless mode.

It's the exact opposite of drag brake. There has been a current trend in 1/12 to use a bit of push control to carry more corner speed.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

In the newer software versions it can be used in both brushed and brushless modes.
v200 & v198 It does the same any type of push control, cancel out drag brakes with brushless motor. I would know what brushed would work out, cuz have ran brushed motor for long time now. I run two 12th w/RSPros & Redline 10.5, Xray T2 w/RSPro w/redline 2.5 motor. They both act the same way, push control is off.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Huh?
Old 11-15-2009, 04:17 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

in the old days guys used to make em creep as well. perhaps somethin to it that still applies today.

R
Old 11-15-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

sorry guys,

long day. we did not finish til 1am yesterday.

OK, We do run push with brushless motors. in 17.4 1/12 we tend to run a lot of push. the car just needs to transition weight to get it to turn and to rotate, so even on a brushless motor, the natural drag slows the car too much. I am running 85 on the current layout. this is true on my 13.5 car as well.

now in sedan most are running very little push. they are around 10. I think it is because the sedans are much heavier to the little drag that a brushless motor has does not slow the sedan down as much.

I think that push is not for the high end drivers, but for the general masses. dumas could run the same lap times with or without push. he has soo much control of his throttle. that he take care of push with his finger. for me, I tend to let off, not all the way but some and i don't have the control to modulate the thottle as accurately. so push compensates for what I lack in motor skills.it does make for a lazier driver. because I don't have to modulate the throttle now, I just set push to roll all the corners. the amout of push I run is based on how deep into the corner I want the car to travel. I try and let off in the same spots, but the more push the deeper into the corner I can run
Old 11-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Got hotwire working with no issues on windows 7 RTM, 32bit though.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

When is someone going to come out with an I-phone app so you don't have to lug around a computer?
Old 11-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveL
When is someone going to come out with an I-phone app so you don't have to lug around a computer?
sounds like a great idea but what cable would you use to transfer data?
Old 11-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Just need to add Bluetooth to the Hotwire, then no cable needed.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by theisgroup
I think that push is not for the high end drivers, but for the general masses. dumas could run the same lap times with or without push. he has soo much control of his throttle. that he take care of push with his finger. for me, I tend to let off, not all the way but some and i don't have the control to modulate the thottle as accurately. so push compensates for what I lack in motor skills.it does make for a lazier driver. because I don't have to modulate the throttle now, I just set push to roll all the corners. the amout of push I run is based on how deep into the corner I want the car to travel. I try and let off in the same spots, but the more push the deeper into the corner I can run
Running with push then I assume you are having to use brakes quite often. Not sure if it is just decades of driving brushed or I'm just bad at using brakes...but I find my finger is more accurate on the pull rather than the push so I find it easier to stay a little on throttle if I need more role than controlling brakes in the different corners. For me brakes are either full off or full on but throttle I can roll a bit.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WatchOut
Just need to add Bluetooth to the Hotwire, then no cable needed.
Can you imagine your nemesis changing your settings while you're on the track?
Old 11-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scr_achy
64bit yet???
Old 11-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by scr_achy
no mention of it yet
Old 11-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Running with push then I assume you are having to use brakes quite often. Not sure if it is just decades of driving brushed or I'm just bad at using brakes...but I find my finger is more accurate on the pull rather than the push so I find it easier to stay a little on throttle if I need more role than controlling brakes in the different corners. For me brakes are either full off or full on but throttle I can roll a bit.
Mahalo Brah!!!! You got it now!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.