Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey reenmachine, No I was not making fun of you Lol... Im clown'in on Cuff's I've known and raced localy with Cuffs for 15+ years every time I see him Im allways jokin with him, what I said to him has nothing to do you or your question to him hope you where not offeneded.Im just a clown and I like to joke around with my friends at the track and on RC teck that all
That's why I asked nicely before calling you an a-hole.

Cheers!

Last edited by reenmachine; 08-14-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Right, and I'm telling you IT ALREADY DOES THAT and THAT'S WHY THE TIMING IS IN % AND NOT DEGREES SINCE IT CHANGES DEPENDING ON THE RPM.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus how many times will I have to say that?

I'm soo glad that Tekin has doucmented the ESC functions in the manual or promo ads.. IMO the manual is far too skimmpy on explantions. The only talk oh hybird mode I've seen is on the boards. Even then you are the first person to say that the timing is varible throughout the operation. The way it was worded is the motor will operate at a FIXED degrees of timing set by the USER in the ESC.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sportpak
.... I'll work on this with Tekin and I'll let you all know when I'm up and working.
Finally got my HotWire to work. I talked to Charlie at Tekin today and he got it figured out. I ended up having an old version of the software. He talked me through the deleting and selecting the proper drivers. I would have had to have been total Geek Squad to figure that stuff out. Charlie is an awesome guy that was very polite and helpful.

Tekin rocks!

Ben
Old 08-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Randy -

These settings you are using seem to contradict each other. Everything I've read indicates that Sensored Only mode ignores the Motor Timing setting, and basically runs 0 timing in the ESC. I posted this on the Tekin RS 1/10 forum and Brian (Forum Admin) stated that Sensored Only mode disables the Motor Timing setting. Also, Jeff Cuffs posted his settings, and he also indicated 90% timing and Sensored Only mode.
Still curious about this too...anyone?
Old 08-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey reenmachine Cool, Cool, glad we get that cleared up

Originally Posted by reenmachine
That's why I asked nicely before calling you an a-hole.

Cheers!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:06 PM
1M
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Looking forward to running my RS Pro in my Dirt modified and my RS in my sprint car both with the Redline 13.5. Racing out doors this summer has been poor, rained out 5-6 times.

Bob
Old 08-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorry for any confusion. When in sensorless mode the motor timing adjustment in the Hotwire will be added to the motor timing that is measured during the comutation. So, the timing will become reactive based on the real commutation point of the motor. This is why you will get a very smooth power band using this mode. It's great for mod.

In sensored only mode we use the motor timing only. So if you have your motor turned all the way up, we're simply adding a base figure to it(I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give this figure up).

I hope that clears it up. There will be more adjustments added to the Hotwire regarding timing as well. We're looking at doing a little extra something something to it!
Old 08-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So the timing slider in sensored only mode doesn't do anything? Only adjusting the physical timing on the motor will create a change?
Old 08-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Tech Adept

They are hard to come by. I have only seen a few places selling them online.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey reenmachine, No I was not making fun of you Lol... Im clown'in on Cuff's I've known and raced localy with Cuffs for 15+ years every time I see him Im allways jokin with him, what I said to him has nothing to do you or your question to him hope you where not offeneded.Im just a clown and I like to joke around with my friends at the track and on RC teck that all
sauer - z kraut!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by sportpak
Finally got my HotWire to work. I talked to Charlie at Tekin today and he got it figured out. I ended up having an old version of the software. He talked me through the deleting and selecting the proper drivers. I would have had to have been total Geek Squad to figure that stuff out. Charlie is an awesome guy that was very polite and helpful.

Tekin rocks!

Ben
You mean Chris, right? LOL
Old 08-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How much does the RS Pro weigh without wires?
I'm surprised that Tekin lists the weight with wires when most other manufacturers list the weight without.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by James35
How much does the RS Pro weigh without wires?
I'm surprised that Tekin lists the weight with wires when most other manufacturers list the weight without.
I can tell you that i got one in front of me, it's 34g
Old 08-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interesting. I wouldn't have expected that. That's 30% heavier (if you know what I mean) than I expected for it's size. Thanks for weighing it for us.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by James35
Interesting. I wouldn't have expected that. That's 30% heavier (if you know what I mean) than I expected for it's size. Thanks for weighing it for us.
That's because it's very crowded in there ! The RS pro has 48 fets in the package...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.