Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRW141
I run on a track that is 100 x 50. I use 199V2 and V200. I feel setup right the turbo works awesome. I feel that I can get the infield punch I want and then adjust the turbo boost and timing boost for the straight.

Settings: Motor timing 2nd slash+ mark after 0*. Turbo Boost 10, Timing Boost 25, 0 on delay w/ v199v2 and FDR at 4.96. Motor temp's at 180 degrees.

When I ran the other versions. I had to gear to high to keep up down the straight and never had any infield punch and motor got hot and always faded during the run.

Steve, when I ran mine at Mimi I started with 4.77 on my 17.5. I couldn't keep up with Arvin SPX with 4.5 gearing. My ESC setting is pretty close to what you have. Messing around with gearing and finally Arvin have to try to keep up with me

I end up with 5.5 FDR the turbo kicked in around the old timing computer used to be.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
Help please; just installed the Hotwire, done the plug up to speedo and all was good. Saw version 200, goosed a couple of items, pressed update and then the version 200 feature disappeared !! What did I do ??

Bought Hotwire at Timezone last night. During evening, I did use a friends Hotwire link to reset speedo and his laptop had version 200 on it. Don't know if that's relevent............

What I have lacks 'boost' and 'delay'........

Jacko
Did you update the firmware in the ESC to v200 first? You can't change settings and update the firmware in one shot. Do the firmware first, then re-cal the ESC to your radio, finally change the settings via Hotwire, and apply them. Also make sure the "Sensored Only" box is checked before you apply the settings.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Did you update the firmware in the ESC to v200 first? You can't change settings and update the firmware in one shot. Do the firmware first, then re-cal the ESC to your radio, finally change the settings via Hotwire, and apply them. Also make sure the "Sensored Only" box is checked before you apply the settings.
Where do I find V200 please ?

Jacko
Old 10-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
Where do I find V200 please ?

Jacko
E-Mail Randy Pike

[email protected]
Old 10-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

I run on a track that is 100 x 50. I use 199V2 and V200. I feel setup right the turbo works awesome. I feel that I can get the infield punch I want and then adjust the turbo boost and timing boost for the straight.

Settings: Motor timing 2nd slash+ mark after 0*. Turbo Boost 10, Timing Boost 25, 0 on delay w/ v199v2 and FDR at 4.96. Motor temp's at 180 degrees.

When I ran the other versions. I had to gear to high to keep up down the straight and never had any infield punch and motor got hot and always faded during the run.
I would say your problem with no infield punch is because you have the Turbo Delay set too low, when you hit the throttle, you are not getting the full use of the Timing boost, and it is ramping right to Turbo Boost, which basically lags because it isnt up to throttle yet. In other words, turn your Turbo delay at least to .3 or higher. and maybe try gearing down as well, or turning the Timing boost from 25 to 20
Old 10-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Knapp
I would say your problem with no infield punch is because you have the Turbo Delay set too low, when you hit the throttle, you are not getting the full use of the Timing boost, and it is ramping right to Turbo Boost, which basically lags because it isnt up to throttle yet. In other words, turn your Turbo delay at least to .3 or higher. and maybe try gearing down as well, or turning the Timing boost from 25 to 20
is there a new version out besides V200? you reference turbo delay at .3 and the post above say .0 i would love to have that ablity for tuning and no i am not going to lunch a motor
Old 10-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriftDreamer06
is there a new version out besides V200? you reference turbo delay at .3 and the post above say .0 i would love to have that ablity for tuning and no i am not going to lunch a motor
There was a version of 199 that allowed you to turn down to 0 delay. It was not released to everyone. Setting the delay real low like that is like shifting into second gear as soon as the car starts moving. Doesn't make much sense. If you let the motor timing and boost pull the car up to speed and then kick in the turbo, it will continue to pull hard and keep your motor temps lower.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Knapp
With the settings listed. I have plenty of infield punch and straight away speed.
The point I was making is that the turbo works on small tracks. The turbo doesn't kick in till your about 3/4's of the way down the straight.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

With the settings listed. I have plenty of infield punch and straight away speed.
The point I was making is that the turbo works on small tracks. The turbo doesn't kick in till your about 3/4's of the way down the straight.
It works with a 17,5 but with a 10,5 Lipo on a small track it doesn't get the change to kick in.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anybody know where to get an RS Pro. Everywhere I shop is sold out, I want to try one of these but racing season is starting soon and I soon will be forced to buy something else. Any idea when a new shipment will come in.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Cammer
Does anybody know where to get an RS Pro. Everywhere I shop is sold out, I want to try one of these but racing season is starting soon and I soon will be forced to buy something else. Any idea when a new shipment will come in.
Nexus Racing has them in stock.

http://www.nexusracing.com/
Old 10-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Or here
Old 10-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i know this would have been asked alot wat would be the base fdr to start on 21.5 with a tekin combo so the thing dont fry itself. with the basic f/w that came with it, would 3.89 - or should the fdr in the 4's. just dnt wanna toast it on its first run
Old 10-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mattyau
i know this would have been asked alot wat would be the base fdr to start on 21.5 with a tekin combo so the thing dont fry itself. with the basic f/w that came with it, would 3.89 - or should the fdr in the 4's. just dnt wanna toast it on its first run
What's the track size, layout, car type, 5cell/6cell/lipo, foam/rubber, software version?
Old 10-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyanyde
What's the track size, layout, car type, 5cell/6cell/lipo, foam/rubber, software version?
sorry for being abit basic tho im pretty new to the hobby,
t2 009 eu, on a low to mid grip asphalt track witch has a decent size straight and there arnt really mainy tight corners.. software is what came with the rs. 5000mah 40c lipo and a 21.5 tekin motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.