Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 09-27-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Ok this is for Carpet Oval Guy's .... Setting with v200 in 21.5 and 17.5 2 cell lipo. Found more speed last night, but still looking for more .... Arn't We All
Old 09-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

I have a RS-pro, not more time, the brakes are correct, not more hard, i put 100% in ESC and 50%-60% in TX, for stock 10.5T, long fdr, with mod and good magnets are strong, appear smoother than the LRP esc that I have always had.
I have the v200 software version.

The turbo delay are correct, too, the problem are is you go more up in your timming, the motor not have sufficient torque for speed up.
I donīt know if in a small track with good grip, can be an advantage less turbo delay.

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lost Aggresiva
Whichever version allows the delay to be set as low as possible. Half a second is way too much. Anybody that got that version?

Bill.
Only person that has that version is Randy and he already said he isn't going to give it out. For those that he did change the delay there is noway for us to change it from where it is set now. If you do it will revert back to .5 . When the new version is done believe me Randy will release it but until then keep fine tuning what you have.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks Grenade10,
I will do that very thing now.
I believe this is Mark?
Thanks and God Bless
Old 09-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

I tried 1.0sec turbo today and it worked really well. Was much faster on the straights. Give it a try guys. Randy kept telling us that the turbo is like a 2nd gear. So make sure the 1st gear accelerates enough before shifting.... If shift too early you wont see the speed until the end of the straight, which makes you think the delay is too long, when its actually the opposite.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyanyde
I tried 1.0sec turbo today and it worked really well. Was much faster on the straights. Give it a try guys. Randy kept telling us that the turbo is like a 2nd gear. So make sure the 1st gear accelerates enough before shifting.... If shift too early you wont see the speed until the end of the straight, which makes you think the delay is too long, when its actually the opposite.
Ok thanks I will try it Wednesday.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Con
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cyanyde
I find that as well.We had a radar detector at the track and you could watch the speed pick up at the start then level out or even slow down in the middle,after the turbo kicked in, and then pick up again at the end. Changed nothing but the delay to .8 and the speed increaced steadly. Too much timing coming on too fast will slow the motor down.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Con
I find that as well.We had a radar detector at the track and you could watch the speed pick up at the start then level out or even slow down in the middle,after the turbo kicked in, and then pick up again at the end. Changed nothing but the delay to .8 and the speed increaced steadly. Too much timing coming on too fast will slow the motor down.
So, are you gearing the car lower in order to hit the timing boost sooner? I'm finding that even at 0.05 second the boost kicks in about 2/3rds of the way down the straightaway.

Bill.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Con
Tech Adept

Nope. In fact I am geared the same as with 198. I found that to be the sweet spot for the motor, gearing lower seemed to kill the ripp in the infield. Turbo is a bonus on the straight. I am running 10.5 TC foam on pavment.55x155 track.
35-37mmr
10d motor timing
15dboost
max turbo
.8 delay
Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

When I read this and think about it it sounds logic.
And as it works how I think it works, the car will be even faster.
I think that I will go tomorrow to the club to try it.
I get more and more curious about it how it works.
I was today the fastest on the track with old tires and the car is flying at the moment. I'm preparing my car at the moment for the winter but I'm still testing different setups because I got my new car yesterday.
This week I will also get my Lipo's and I want to try that also.
So I think that I will be a lot of time on the club.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Con
I am running 10.5 TC foam on pavment.55x155 track
Ah, now there's the difference for me. Stock sedan and the track has about a 80ft straight. About the time the boost was kicking in, I was starting to lift for the end of the straightaway. I think I need to play with gearing and find the happy medium.

Bill.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

If you're only running on an 80 ft straight, I dont believe that the turbo is going to help you much. I'm pretty sure that it was intended for the larger tracks where the SPX was outrunning the tekin. I believe that John Tag had commented on that as well.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Part 1 of an article I'm writing on the Tekin RS and Hotwire is now available at www.carsrcracing.co.uk. This part concentrates on what you get in the boxes, and installing and wiring it into a 12th scale. Part 2 will be set up, running and tuning.

Trev
Old 09-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Think of the turbo delay just like the gearing in a real car. If you shift too early the engine will bog down and not much will happen until the engine hit's it's powerband. Shift later when the revs are up and it will pull a lot harder in the next gear.

Running too much boost is just like skipping a gear and it will take some time to spool up and go.

It's all a balance and it's probably best to gear without turbo first and then tune in the turbo a little at a time to get tuned in. Full boost full turbo and minimum delay may not be the way to go.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

How about the LIPO packs to Feed this Baby???
Tekin has only 3400 23C pack on the otherside LRP has 5300 40C Packs!!!
which will give you 212 Amps! is that really needed or just wasted?
for example how many amps 13.5T draws maximum?
Waiting for your opinions...
Thanx in advance...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.