Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Make sure the Hotwire is plugged directly into a usb port, not a hub. I saw a hub cause issues this weekend.

Make very sure that the usb plug is plugged in completely into the Hotwire unit, and also that the hotwire servo lead is plugged fully into the esc.

You can also try a factory reset first.
Yup, did all the above and it still doesn't work. I have to say that the very first time I did the update, i was on a USB hub. So that might have been the cause of the problem. But now that it still doesn't work, do i need to send it back to Tekin to get it fixed?
Old 09-13-2009, 10:39 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

thx tagger. heard u were gettin more duo 1s soon? true? all i'm hearing (grain of salt) is that teh new 2 has already been nicknamed the 'duo-ver'. i might score some more tekin motors depending on whats out there. granted this ballistic wont have to worry bout dirt at the C or mimi's. however i will want somethin for my b4 that can do a decent job of keepin dirt out. even the thought of 1 of those foam motor covers from the 80s seems so alien now (foot in mouth, just put 1 over a vintage reedy comp stock in my rc10 resto ha)

thx again, lemme know. finally gonna get back on the road/rug...especially since my house is being built down there in GB as we speak.

R
Old 09-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
thx tagger. heard u were gettin more duo 1s soon? true? all i'm hearing (grain of salt) is that teh new 2 has already been nicknamed the 'duo-ver'. i might score some more tekin motors depending on whats out there. granted this ballistic wont have to worry bout dirt at the C or mimi's. however i will want somethin for my b4 that can do a decent job of keepin dirt out. even the thought of 1 of those foam motor covers from the 80s seems so alien now (foot in mouth, just put 1 over a vintage reedy comp stock in my rc10 resto ha)

thx again, lemme know. finally gonna get back on the road/rug...especially since my house is being built down there in GB as we speak.

R
Next week or soo Ryan......I been running my D-2 with my Tekin RS and re-set track record yesterday. I love mine....
Old 09-13-2009, 10:56 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

hmm, well then perhaps we'll need to talk some more. if only to give the b4 heart 'duo-ver'. prolly of a 13.5 or even 17.5 variety, havent decided yet.

R
Old 09-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thank you to Tekin and Randy Pike for the great speedo's at the IIC race in Vegas. Nice to meet you Randy.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Hey Randy, nice T you have there. Can you send me one by 4th October? Have a national event coming up. Heh heh...
Attached Thumbnails Tekin RS ESC sensored-tekin-reedy04.jpg  
Old 09-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

I used my RS Pro for the first time on Friday night...
All I can say is

OH MY GOD !!!

I was running a 13.5 Speed Passion and whupping the 10.5 guys down the straight.

This thing is awesome... It will be even better next week if I remember to take my laptop with me

Nice one Tekin
Old 09-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Randy,
I would like to get in on the shirt band this year.
It would be nice to represent what I run.
God Bless
Old 09-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Randy thanks for all your help at the IIC. It was really cool of you to come and support not just the pro racers but us Joe Shmos as well, especially since you came only to support us and didn't race at all. Now that is customer service and commitment! Still gotta work on adding in that "Skill" slider to the Hotwire though
Old 09-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Still gotta work on adding in that "Skill" slider to the Hotwire though
It doesn't need a slider... who's gonna use anything less than max ??

(A bit like the turbo slider I guess )
Old 09-14-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Some help with capacitors

Hi. Have been running an RS Pro but a short while and am enjoying the power and flexibility. As I am running a 4 turn brushless most of the time I understand it is advised to run another capacitor in parallel?

As I'm not too good with capacitance, my questions are:

1. Will I have to go with another capacitor with the exact same rating as the original one?

2. Can I 'upsize' the capacitor with one like the following Speed Passion one and remove the original one altogether? http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/s...82&osCsid=aac2

3. Can I run a capacitor rated for a higher voltage? If so what sort of specs should I look for?

Thanks for your patience and sorry for my nOObness.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

You can use a additional cap the same as the one supplied with teh RS or you can replace it with one like you mentioned or a similar one by TOP Racing.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by razzor
You can use a additional cap the same as the one supplied with teh RS or you can replace it with one like you mentioned or a similar one by TOP Racing.
So can I add on another cap like the SP item IN PARALLEL with the stock cap?

Also when in parallel the stock tekin caps combined rating will be 16Volts and 660 microfarads?

In this case any capacitor with 16Volts rating and a capacitance equal or greater than 660mf will be a step in the right direction?
Old 09-14-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by radwerx
So can I add on another cap like the SP item IN PARALLEL with the stock cap?

Also when in parallel the stock tekin caps combined rating will be 16Volts and 660 microfarads?

In this case any capacitor with 16Volts rating and a capacitance equal or greater than 660mf will be a step in the right direction?
Have just ordered the TOP PE-SC015F super cap for my RS pro..

Searched thru many sites.. this one seems to fit the bill.

For Tekin, guess you could use the TT3522... Correct me if I am wrong..

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails Tekin RS ESC sensored-capacitor1.jpg  
Old 09-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by benokw
Have just ordered the TOP PE-SC015F super cap for my RS pro..

Searched thru many sites.. this one seems to fit the bill.

For Tekin, guess you could use the TT3522... Correct me if I am wrong..

Cheers!
The 3522 is what i'm currently thinking of as my chassis has little space for another module. Are you adding the new TOP cap on top of the tekin cap or are you removing the tekin cap?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.