Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Our straight is HUGE... 100 feet down the back, 80 feet back towards the driver stand, and you can take the corner between the two sides at full speed. The turbo doesn't visibly kick in till 1/2 to 2/3rds down the back 100 foot stretch.

Timing setup is pretty pasic... running a duo, 10 on the can, and 10 on the esc. Also tried 20 on the esc. I didn't notice it change the precieved spot where the turbo kicks in.

My real issue though... is why the turbo completely goes away after 5 or 6 laps. in a 22 lap race, its kind of "eehhh"....

Cpt.
Was last week the same layout as the Sizzler? If it is you may unknowingly be lifting at the corner between the short straight and the main straight. Halfway down may be about right if that is happening. Also, If you are not lifting at that corner then you would not notice the turbo on the main straight as it would have already kicked in.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkdut
Was last week the same layout as the Sizzler? If it is you may unknowingly be lifting at the corner between the short straight and the main straight. Halfway down may be about right if that is happening. Also, If you are not lifting at that corner then you would not notice the turbo on the main straight as it would have already kicked in.
Nope.. back to the previous layout where you enter the straight at the top left corner of the track. The turbo kicks in about 30 feet before the back corner at the top right side of the track... I am not lifting. A few of us at the track were all seeing the same issue.

Our current track:

Last edited by Cpt.America; 08-18-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Did cd\ not go all the way back?
It's a long time ago that I worked with it so I don't now for sure.
yeah.. that works.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If that measurement is accurate that straight away isn't really 100ft long, it's going to be about 80ft inside corner to inside corner. If you can pick up the throttle from the hairpin getting onto the straight that is about where I'd expect turbo to come on.

Have you timed how long it takes from the hair pin it takes your car to travel in .5 seconds using a stop watch?

Captain: Take your 3pk, set your throttle epa to 95 on the high/throttle side, calibrate the RS, once done set your high/throttle epa to 100 and see if turbo is consistent.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have been having the same issue as Captain America. After a few minutes, the turbo goes very soft. If I hold the car off of the ground and apply full throttle, the leds all flash and the turbo does kick in, but you have to listen very carefully to tell.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Mandio
I have been having the same issue as Captain America. After a few minutes, the turbo goes very soft. If I hold the car off of the ground and apply full throttle, the leds all flash and the turbo does kick in, but you have to listen very carefully to tell.
i notice that too, but that's when my battery starts to dump.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
If that measurement is accurate that straight away isn't really 100ft long, it's going to be about 80ft inside corner to inside corner. If you can pick up the throttle from the hairpin getting onto the straight that is about where I'd expect turbo to come on.
The back side of the TRACK is 100 feet... but I guess if you measured the drive line around there, it would be a bit shorter... The rest of the track certainly isn't to exact scale, as the stragith seems much longer than you see there in the picture, but its kinda close. Normally I am full throttle about halfway around that starting hairpin. I am SURE that the turbo is kicking in sooner than my arrow, but you don't really SEE the extra speed till about there.

Have you timed how long it takes from the hair pin it takes your car to travel in .5 seconds using a stop watch?
No, but as previouslys stated by the tekin folks, the .5 delay is where the turbo STARTS to ramp up... it doesn't actually hit hard till WAY after .5 seconds. You can see that by picking your car up, hitting full throttle, and timing how long it takes the car to actually hit full turbo. Id say its closer to 1.5 seconds.

Captain: Take your 3pk, set your throttle epa to 95 on the high/throttle side, calibrate the RS, once done set your high/throttle epa to 100 and see if turbo is consistent.
Thanks Randy... I will certainly try that first thing this coming race day. I DIDN'T try that last week, because A) it works perfectly fine for 4 or 5 laps, and B)the EPA bugs were supposedly fixed between 199 and 200. If the fix is still as simple as that, then id be 100% satisfied. I will report back Sunday after my mian event

Originally Posted by over gear
i notice that too, but that's when my battery starts to dump.
It certainly issn't a dump issue. It happens inside of 2 minutes, running a 5000mah 40c battery running a 17.5 motor. I could probably run that battery for 15 minutes.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Mike Mandio
Right, and if the turbo can barely get the tires to spin faster with the car off the ground, it certainly won't make the car go noticably after faster when all its weight is on the wheels.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
The back side of the TRACK is 100 feet... but I guess if you measured the drive line around there, it would be a bit shorter... The rest of the track certainly isn't to exact scale, as the stragith seems much longer than you see there in the picture, but its kinda close. Normally I am full throttle about halfway around that starting hairpin. I am SURE that the turbo is kicking in sooner than my arrow, but you don't really SEE the extra speed till about there.

No, but as previouslys stated by the tekin folks, the .5 delay is where the turbo STARTS to ramp up... it doesn't actually hit hard till WAY after .5 seconds. You can see that by picking your car up, hitting full throttle, and timing how long it takes the car to actually hit full turbo. Id say its closer to 1.5 seconds.
Right...1.5 seconds seems about right. I guess that would depend on gearing, timing, etc. Have to tried to drop a tooth or two to see if that helps? My thought process is that running a smaller pinion will let you top out faster and let the turbo kick in sooner...?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hi Randy
Capt and I race together..The straight away is longer than 100 ..I believe is about 125 or better....my RS pro turbo kick in the same distance as capt esc..
My laps time in ave is the same from start to finished....
The turbo kick in a little softer after a few runs than the begining...
I set my 3PK throttle eps at 100 ,calib. set the throttle high to 120 epa...works for me ...
Old 08-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Capt. : That's all I can ask for! Thanks. Please do let me know. If we have a calibration issue with a certain radio we need to track it down and correct it.

So far we've had only a few random configurations that have shown issues. Nomadios with an older receiver, a Ko on crystals(people still use these, LOL),etc.

The turbo isn't a light switch, you're right. It does take "so much time" to come on fully. This is why a balance of motor timing and timing boost must be found on each track. I'm betting that you're VERY close to your ideal setup but there is some more speed to be found.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big al

I was using the same setup as you were talking about, but didn't have any of the issues you are talking about. I don't think Mark Brown did either. ...
I had turbo issues my first time out with v199. I recalibrated with an extra 10 points of offset (100-120 not 110-120) and the issues went away. This is with a 3PKS radio.

With v200 I recalibrated with zero offset and had no issues. Otherwise v200 feels the same as v199 to me.

I'm sure every radio is a little different. Be sure that during calibration you don't yank the trigger extra hard -- maybe it flexes a little? Just lightly touch the stop.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's not going to get you what you want at all. Just because you've calibrated it low like that it will not set the timer any different. You would still need to hold full throttle for .5 seconds to being the turbo sequence(or whatever your delay timer is set).

If you think you're losing turbo do this:

Set your epa's to whatever max is, reduce that setting by 10 points, calibrate the speedo, then max out your throttle/high side. Run the car.

If you feel that you lost turbo, pull off the car and view the led's on the speedo, at full throttle the led's should flash! IF they do not you're losing full throttle calibration(this is what was wrong with 199, hence no public release). Use the above trick and you should be good to go.

Turbo does not have any "hold back" do to heat,etc.
Hey Randy,

I tried your suggestion. My LED are flashing. But like Captain America is saying, there is a longer delay for the Turbo. I have it set at .5.

For better perspective, my track straight away is as long as the track that Captain America races at. My turbo kicks in half way through the straight away and by the time I hit the sweeper, I am coming in WAY too fast and flip over. In version 199, I had great performance with my Spektrum DX3R and DX3S.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
I have a couple questions for you:

Do you have the file on your desktop?

If yes, then you should be able to select the file as in the video. When you do you should change the extension on the file to .zip. Meaning if the file is named "tekin.txt" change it to "tekin.zip". Then the file icon should look like Randy's.

Where you able to get that far?
No file on desk top I tried all of the things you all have suggested I even tried mikky's way nothing changed the file name on the hard drive deleted all files redownloded, nothing. I changed the file name like mikke said to do and it told me file names dont match the ones on the hard drive. I give up for today it's 80 something outside so screw sitting in front of this computer it is only pissing me off any way. Thanks for all your help for now I think I might have to find someone who has done it before but the racers at the local tracks are afraid I might get faster or something I havent gotten any help from them.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
No file on desk top I tried all of the things you all have suggested I even tried mikky's way nothing changed the file name on the hard drive deleted all files redownloded, nothing. I changed the file name like mikke said to do and it told me file names dont match the ones on the hard drive. I give up for today it's 80 something outside so screw sitting in front of this computer it is only pissing me off any way. Thanks for all your help for now I think I might have to find someone who has done it before but the racers at the local tracks are afraid I might get faster or something I havent gotten any help from them.
Once I get home... I'm going to upload an executable file to my server for you to download. The only thing you will do is download and double click the file. Will pm you the info later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.