Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am in contact with Pete. He sent the update to me and am sure he can answer my questions also. Was thinking that there might be others on here that could use the info also. A lot of the data that I have read is leaned torwards using a 13.5 and not 17.5 motors. Also thanks to everybody that has contributed to this great thread.

Rob,
Old 08-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FzCruzer
Hello all,

I am ordering the Hotwire now and want to buy a range of gearing options for the car as gearing for V200 may take some trial and error. Also at the track that I race at in Camarillo, Ca. we change the track layout every race weekend and gearing may be an issue. What range of FDR do you think I should be looking at with a 17.5 motor. Track is medium size I guess with a pretty good straight. Thanks for any info.

Rob,

+1 also if anyone is running a TA05 for the RCGT class that would be double helpful.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
I went and practiced with 200 last night in my 17.5 car and had some questions.

My home tack is rather small 40x60 and there's just not enough time for Turbo to really kick in.

I race at a second track that is 60x70 and will have a chance the see the response from turbo tomorrow.

1. I noticed that when turbo is applied it ramps rather slowly, how much testing was done to determine how fast this ramp should be? Where different ramp times tested for optimal performance?

2. When I set the delay to .5, which I'm assuming is half a second, it sure seems like it takes longer than .5 sec to start applying turbo. Is this because of my first question? The ramp is starting slowly so it appears to take longer than expected.

3. Was there much testing done on small carpet tracks? It seems like the delay feature should be allowed to start at zero being the turbo function is being ramped up so slowly. Or the turbo on ramp should also have a time setting.

I realize this feature was mainly added for large to very large tracks to compete against other ESC's but I think turbo could be applied effectively for short tracks also which would give the RS an advantage over the non-programmable ESC’s.

I by no means am complaining about this release I just had a few questions and maybe these questions can be applied in a future release.
The Turbo time is 0,5 sec after the motor reached almost his top speed.
You can let the Turbo come earlier by lowering your Boost and motor timing.
And gear a bit lighter.
Make your car as fast as possible in the infield.
After that set on the Turbo.
You can gear very light with the Turbo.
So your acceleration will be better and when you put on your Turbo and you find that it comes to late or to much, and that you will probably have on smaller tracks. Lower than the Turbo to 10 or even lower. Just what you like the most.
On my home track I have next week a National championship race.
We must use Speedpassion 10,5 motors on 5 cell.
Because I geared the motor quit heavy, I have lowered the Turbo to 8 and I will maybe go lower.
I use 5.044FDR with 18 Boost.
A club member uses 23 Boost and max Turbo but he is geared 5,5FDR.
I don;t like the Turbo to high as it comes quit late so I lowered it to get a nice acceleration over the total length of the straight.
My club member likes the feeling that the Turbo kicks in so he set it to the max.
This Saturday we drive together.
It will be his first real test with the Turbo. He is than going to drive against me with it to see if he has the faster setup as he thinks he has.
As I'm still faster, he will use my setup and I now that I'm.
I have seen his lap times with the V200

Last race in the 10,5 Lipo class.
On place 2 Tekin RS with Tekin Redlinel 10,5
On place 3 Tekin RS Pro With Speedpassion 10,5T
Place 5 SPX with Tekin Redline 10,5
Nr 1 was a LRP TC. Not that the Tekin was not fast but only because that guy drives just very good. He won the ETS on the same track.
But the Tekin's were to fast for the SPX
And more and more drivers get a Tekin RS and a Tekin Redline motor out here.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FzCruzer
I am in contact with Pete. He sent the update to me and am sure he can answer my questions also. Was thinking that there might be others on here that could use the info also. A lot of the data that I have read is leaned torwards using a 13.5 and not 17.5 motors. Also thanks to everybody that has contributed to this great thread.

Rob,
I haven't run V200 in my 17.5 RCGT car yet but I will be very soon, and a lot. I'm thinking perhaps this Saturday -- I'll let you know.

I was around 4.2FDR with V198 depending on the layout, where "others" were running 3.5-3.6. I bet I'll end up somewhere around 4.3-4.4 with V200.

Originally Posted by zake540
+1 also if anyone is running a TA05 for the RCGT class that would be double helpful.
I'm running a TA05IFS-R, which has a different internal ratio than a regular TA05, but I can help you out with that as well. FDR will be the same, just different spur/pinion.

Last edited by reenmachine; 08-12-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Krio
With each motor being different in endbell construction your best bet is to look in the end like the picture posted by Skiddins. When we are referring to zero timing (at least I do...lol) we mean when the Hall Sensors are right in the middle of each lamination holding the windings. I would agree that the picture shows about 30 degrees of timing. When you are trying to set the timing from scratch here's your best bet :
Center the Hall sensors on the laminations.
Paint/Grind marks on the endbell and can that line up so you always know where zero is.
If you want more timing than zero, every millimeter around the outside of the can is pretty close to 3 degrees (36mm diameter X 3.14159 = 113mm circumference. 360 degrees divided by 113mm = 3.18 degrees per mm)
Rotating the endbell counter clockwise will advance the timing.
If between laminations is zero degrees and counter clockwise rotation (endbell facing you) advances timing, the picture shows a lot more than 30 deg advanced i think. More like 90!? LOL... or is it 30 deg negative?

Btw, thanks Skiddins & Krio for helping a desperately slow dude...
Old 08-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
I haven't run V200 in my 17.5 RCGT car yet but I will be very soon, and a lot. I'm thinking perhaps this Saturday -- I'll let you know.

I was around 4.2FDR with V198 depending on the layout, where "others" were running 3.5-3.6. I bet I'll end up somewhere around 4.3-4.4 with V200.

I'm running a TA05IFS-R, which has a different internal ratio than a regular TA05, but I can help you out with that as well. FDR will be the same, just different spur/pinion.
perhaps I was one of the "others" that was running 3.5 in my IFS-R at Camarillo, but that was with a GTB.

With 200, I would guess to start out at around 4.2 to start and go up or down depending on temps. If you wanna be even more conservative, try 4.3-4.5... hth
Old 08-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
I went and practiced with 200 last night in my 17.5 car and had some questions.

My home tack is rather small 40x60 and there's just not enough time for Turbo to really kick in.This is correct, you should not need turbo for this size of a track.

I race at a second track that is 60x70 and will have a chance the see the response from turbo tomorrow.

1. I noticed that when turbo is applied it ramps rather slowly, how much testing was done to determine how fast this ramp should be? Qutie a bit. If it's too fast it will upste the chassis. Where different ramp times tested for optimal performance?

2. When I set the delay to .5, which I'm assuming is half a second, it sure seems like it takes longer than .5 sec to start applying turbo. Is this because of my first question?Yes The ramp is starting slowly so it appears to take longer than expected.

3. Was there much testing done on small carpet tracks? It seems like the delay feature should be allowed to start at zero being the turbo function is being ramped up so slowly. Or the turbo on ramp should also have a time setting.If you need more timing on a track this small you should be able to accomplish it with motor timing and timing boost.

I realize this feature was mainly added for large to very large tracks to compete against other ESC's but I think turbo could be applied effectively for short tracks also which would give the RS an advantage over the non-programmable ESC’s.See previous paragraph.

I by no means am complaining about this release I just had a few questions and maybe these questions can be applied in a future release.
I understand that this is constructive input, and it's taken as such. It's what makes Tekin stronger. Thank you!

Answers above.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

hey, can you guys help me w/ getting the firmware for v200 my email address is [email protected], thanks alot
Old 08-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I am going to try and make it down there at least one day. I've got a very busy schedule coming up over the next few weeks. I can't make every race.

Here's the 17.5 setup I used at the Speedworld Cup:
Hey Randy can you please post this setup again. I assume this would be a good base setup to start with? Also what FDR are you running on this setup?

Cheers

PS Thanks for sending the V200 software.

Last edited by bee200sx; 08-12-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Team Tekin

My RCGT setup:
Attached Thumbnails Tekin RS ESC sensored-randys-17.5tcsetup.jpg   Tekin RS ESC sensored-randysrcgt17.5setup.jpg  

Last edited by Randy_Pike; 08-12-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
My RCGT setup:
Cheers Randy! What was your FDR for this setup?

Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

what happened to the current limiter?
Old 08-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by cyanyde
If between laminations is zero degrees and counter clockwise rotation (endbell facing you) advances timing, the picture shows a lot more than 30 deg advanced i think. More like 90!? LOL... or is it 30 deg negative?

Btw, thanks Skiddins & Krio for helping a desperately slow dude...
Not between laminations, but rather in the middle of the lamination. Looking in this end of the motor you can see that the sensors are roughly 30 degrees clockwise of the center of each winding. No prob! That's what we're here for!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
what happened to the current limiter?
It's still there. You can select dual mode, set it and it will still be active.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Still awake Randy?!...

Btw, checked my SP 11.5T motor. There are 3 timing presets. A,B(default) and C. At B, it has about 28 degrees or so of motor timing!!... No wonder I've been struggling for more punch. A seems to be about 4 degrees of motor timing. Should I set it to A instead and tweak the ESC for more speed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.