Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've got a question regarding my RS and 1S lipo. I've downloaded version 198 and checked the 1S Lipo box in the Hotwire setup screen as well as setting the voltage cutoff to 3.0v. With what I have done so far, will the speedo's on/off switch be functional or must I leave it in the on position and use the battery plug as the power switch?
Old 07-26-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cosmo1974
Without trying to be rude, are you a Tekin employee, and speaking on behalf of the Tekin company when you say the braking issue will be worked on and fixed for v200 ?
I am Tekin user from way back in the 1994.
Have had numerous success with Tekin esc's over the years.
I dont work for them but have emailed my issues to Randy.
From replies recieved i have been advised by Randy that the problem is being looked at.
Note though my statement it might be a reason for the delay with v200 is my opinion and assumption and not a fact.
I have been running SP GT 1.1, 2.0, LPF 2.0 and the HW Xerun for the last year and have been more than happy with them but the Tekin with the Turbo is just another level up for stock class racing.
Just a pity Tekin is not that easily available locally and if they are its pricey.

For now though id suggest guys hang ten a bit there is more coming for the RS !!!
Old 07-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have several Tekin RS's and an RS Pro. They all work great, BUT I also have several LRP's and it is a FACT that the LRP's brakes are stronger. On the tracks I'm running on, the brake issue isn't that much of a problem for me so I keep running the RS. I have in fact experienced getting tapped from behind because of having to brake a little earlier than some of the SPX's I'm running with......That is a matter of timing and usually isn't an issue though. The problem isn't big enough for me to discontinue using it, but It would be nice if it was addressed in the future. I've mixed and matched several ESC's and motors and while the Tekin's brakes are good, if I stab the brakes at the end of the straight.......the SPX's are half again better.

That being said, my choice is still to run the Tekin overall........
Old 07-26-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fuzzy
I've got a question regarding my RS and 1S lipo. I've downloaded version 198 and checked the 1S Lipo box in the Hotwire setup screen as well as setting the voltage cutoff to 3.0v. With what I have done so far, will the speedo's on/off switch be functional or must I leave it in the on position and use the battery plug as the power switch?
If you're not running a receiver pack or a booster, then the power switch will be functional. If you run a booster, such as the Novak Smart Booster, you'll use the switch on that instead, and if you use a receiver pack, you will just plug it into the radio receiver, unless you wire it up with its own switch.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

I'm getting sick and tired of reading about the bloody brakes! It has been commented on here over and over again. All Tekin have said is that the know there is a performance issue COMPARED to the other top ESC out there, and they are looking at it.
There are only a select few whingers on here, most are fairly constructive. For the people that harp on with the exact same posts, please, give it a rest.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
I am Tekin user from way back in the 1994.
Have had numerous success with Tekin esc's over the years.
I dont work for them but have emailed my issues to Randy.
From replies recieved i have been advised by Randy that the problem is being looked at.
Note though my statement it might be a reason for the delay with v200 is my opinion and assumption and not a fact.
I have been running SP GT 1.1, 2.0, LPF 2.0 and the HW Xerun for the last year and have been more than happy with them but the Tekin with the Turbo is just another level up for stock class racing.
Just a pity Tekin is not that easily available locally and if they are its pricey.

For now though id suggest guys hang ten a bit there is more coming for the RS !!!
(1) Thank you very much for your honest reply

(2) I would feel a whole lot more comfortable if one of the Tekin employees (Randy or Prez) would make an official statement about the hi-speed braking issue, what they are doing, and when the fix will be released. I have asked Randy twice before on this forum, and had no reply (which leaves doubt in my mind).

Cheers
Old 07-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cosmo1974
(1) Thank you very much for your honest reply

(2) I would feel a whole lot more comfortable if one of the Tekin employees (Randy or Prez) would make an official statement about the hi-speed braking issue, what they are doing, and when the fix will be released. I have asked Randy twice before on this forum, and had no reply (which leaves doubt in my mind).

Cheers
try it with some timing on the motor and adjust the speedi accordingly
Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
I have tried different settings and different motors.
In the meantime i have just been using some drag brake to help slow down faster. its taken some adjustment to my driving style and will do for now till its sorted.
I have been messing around with it this week and on both my SP13.5 and 17.5 and a LRP13.5 and 17.5 i get the same lack of brakes at speed.
In the tighter, slower corners brakes is great.
In comparison to the SP GT and HW Xerun the brakes is much stronger on them at speed but not much different at slower speed.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
Originally Posted by razzor
I have tried different settings and different motors.
In the meantime i have just been using some drag brake to help slow down faster. its taken some adjustment to my driving style and will do for now till its sorted.
I have been messing around with it this week and on both my SP13.5 and 17.5 and a LRP13.5 and 17.5 i get the same lack of brakes at speed.
In the tighter, slower corners brakes is great.
In comparison to the SP GT and HW Xerun the brakes is much stronger on them at speed but not much different at slower speed.
I've tried different timing combinations (ESC+Motor) but cant say I've notice any discernible difference.
I have tried drag brake as well.
The HW Xerun is braking fine using zero timing on the Tekin 10.5T motor, and 26 degrees on the ESC.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

I tried today my 4,5 LRP motor and the brakes were great.
No braking problems with my 10,5 LRP, 10,5 Tekin Redline and 4,5 LRP motors.
The only problem I have is with the speedpassion motor.
But almost all the speedo's have problems with that motor.
The only speedo that works well with it is the speedpassion speedo.

I will never buy a SPX. A Belgium driver buys every month a new SPX because it loses power.
The lose power in a race and than they are slower than a LRP TC.
New lipo's and still they stay slow.
Also an overheated SPX is not strange.

But an other question.
When you have a problem with your speedo does one of the other companies respond on your mail?
I now that LRP only reply's when you are happy with the products. LRP does not respond as you have a complaint. GM will also not respond.

Tekin takes your complaints serious and that is something that the other companies don't do.

Other thing why I don't take a SPX.
My Tekin is so much faster that I only lose a lot of power.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by higbo
Does temperature problems? (3.5T)
What temperature is in the air?
Use lipo?
no, motor gets about 65° C max. Air temp was 27C today. We're running 5 cell NiMh
Old 07-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mikky32
But an other question.
When you have a problem with your speedo does one of the other companies respond on your mail?
I now that LRP only reply's when you are happy with the products. LRP does not respond as you have a complaint. GM will also not respond.

Tekin takes your complaints serious and that is something that the other companies don't do.

Other thing why I don't take a SPX.
My Tekin is so much faster that I only lose a lot of power.
I second that, that's the exact reason why I came back to Tekin and will stay with their products and their top notch support, which is - no doubt - one of the best in the industry.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by omoser
no, motor gets about 65° C max. Air temp was 27C today. We're running 5 cell NiMh

Ok, I have problems with temperature,the temperature here is 33º in de air 45 in asphalt, The RS is a great ESC and better service, but for me it lacks the RS a better box for mod motors

Run with lipo 2S
Old 07-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by higbo
Ok, I have problems with temperature,the temperature here is 33º in de air 45 in asphalt, The RS is a great ESC and better service, but for me it lacks the RS a better box for mod motors

Run with lipo 2S
How many turns?
Old 07-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by omoser
Originally Posted by mikky32
How many turns?
3.5 or 4.5 , lipo 2s, tracks larges (1/8, 1/5) high traction , tires Foam fromt 26mm rear 30mm (stile GP), car type TC

rules are those of our championship

Last edited by higbo; 07-26-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.