Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 07-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Sensor Wires

The sensor wire that came with my RS/17.5 combo is about 10 inches long. Is there one available that is shorter and are all company sensor wires the same?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

essentially lower boost or timing will give more punch for a short tight track.
increased boost or timing gives added mid to top speed for medium to large tracks and the Turbo gives more speed on longer straights.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Thank you Krio, that's the kind of thing I was after.

If what you said is true, then the turbo function of the RS is similar indeed to that of the brushed speedos of the past (as I have mentioned above)

One question remains then. Is the turbo going to override the current limiter settings?
Are you talking about the "turbo start" on the qc2 and 3 where you hold full brake for 3 seconds before the start tone and then the instant any throttle is applied the fets go straight to full on?

Turbo does not override the current limiter; it just changes the timing in the motor. e.g. if you have the current limiter set (lets say it cuts you off at 20 amperes) and when turbo kicks in the timing advances and more current will be pulled. Say you were pulling 10 amps and then the advance timing is trying to pull 23 the instant it kicks in: the limiter will still apply and the second gear "kick" will be softer, but you will still have the same top end.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

track pics - http://track.nexusracing.com/pictures. not the exact track but very close....

carpet

t2'008 Rubber

rs pro

novak 21.5

SMC 4500/28C lipo

V198 sensored only. timing boost - 15, drag brake - 20, 6.5V cut off, throttle profile 3, neutral width - min, push control - off, brake - 100, rvs - 70, current limit - off...

What does the current limit do?

Alex
Old 07-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by svines1972
The sensor wire that came with my RS/17.5 combo is about 10 inches long. Is there one available that is shorter and are all company sensor wires the same?
Several companies offer varying lengths and they are all compatible.

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...umb=on&smode=0
Old 07-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

i would go with the TQ sensor wire.....they make them in any size length and are extremely flexible

Alex
Old 07-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01

Alex

Current limit does just what it sounds like. It limits the current going to the motor and is usually used with mod motors or slick tracks. It helps the car start smoothly and limits wheel spin.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Krio
Are you talking about the "turbo start" on the qc2 and 3 where you hold full brake for 3 seconds before the start tone and then the instant any throttle is applied the fets go straight to full on?

Turbo does not override the current limiter; it just changes the timing in the motor. e.g. if you have the current limiter set (lets say it cuts you off at 20 amperes) and when turbo kicks in the timing advances and more current will be pulled. Say you were pulling 10 amps and then the advance timing is trying to pull 23 the instant it kicks in: the limiter will still apply and the second gear "kick" will be softer, but you will still have the same top end.
Thank you very much krio. How do you know all this stuff? Yes, that was the function. You cleared now my confusion. Yes, I do understand now there is some difference to the old speedo turbo function (in brushed).

To conclude, I was not concerned about termalling, just wandered if the settings wouldn't fight/affect each other somewhat. I find it much more useful to understand how things work when trying to reason what settings I should use rather than just take it for granted and follow meaningless lists of other people's settings (meaningless because they may or may not apply to my conditions-track, etc, not because they don't make sense).

track pics - http://track.nexusracing.com/pictures. not the exact track but very close....

carpet

t2'008 Rubber

rs pro

novak 21.5

SMC 4500/28C lipo

V198 sensored only. timing boost - 15, drag brake - 20, 6.5V cut off, throttle profile 3, neutral width - min, push control - off, brake - 100, rvs - 70, current limit - off...

Alex
Thank you Alex. Can you tell us what was the final drive ratio as well?

As far as I figured it out the current limiter does exactly that i.e. does not allow the motor to draw more current than the set value even the motor would like to. The reason to use it might be two fold. One is that it might control wheelspin (the motor can not accelerate as hard) and the second is to protect the motor in case there is some other problem that would labour the motor making it draw too much current.

PS Dang! Someone beat me again. You can tell we live too effing far away from everywhere.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
essentially lower boost or timing will give more punch for a short tight track.
increased boost or timing gives added mid to top speed for medium to large tracks and the Turbo gives more speed on longer straights.

thank you
Old 07-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
HA guys tomorrow im going to a short track to run at another club that i dont normally run at with about 20m straight should i drop my boost

Monday i ran it for the first time and had the boost on 20 and have been advised to drop it to 18

do i drop it again for shorter tracks

thanks in advance
What motor do you use?
Best is to set the motor to 0 and the boost to 30.
Gear it light. You will have enough punch for the infield.
When your motor has a timing of 12. Set your Boost to 18.

When you go to a lower boost, you can gear your motor a bit heavier.

Personally do I like the setting of motor 0 boost 30 more. And gear light.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
What motor do you use?
Best is to set the motor to 0 and the boost to 30.
Gear it light. You will have enough punch for the infield.
When your motor has a timing of 12. Set your Boost to 18.

When you go to a lower boost, you can gear your motor a bit heavier.

Personally do I like the setting of motor 0 boost 30 more. And gear light.
i run lrp so the timing is set to 12
but i dont know how to change it
plus last time i ran it was only getting to 45c but when i geared up it seemed to slow
Old 07-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

carpet

t2'008 Rubber

rs pro

novak 21.5

SMC 4500/28C lipo

Alex
When you win a lot at the infield. Gear a tooth heavier. Your top speed will go higher.
do this only as you have enough infield speed.

What is the Timing on the Novak Motor?
Was that 25?
If so set the boost to 10.
Throttle profile 5 will give you more acceleration in the beginning but when I see the track, keep it on 3.
I drive always 5.
Also here with a 10,5T Lipo.
http://users.telenet.be/RC-Club-Nuclea/Info/Info.html
After each race we have an other layout.
It's a narrow track with a lot of traction. so much that almost every body has grip roll.
this is a short movie of the mod class.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i66veYtUtNc
Old 07-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
i run lrp so the timing is set to 12
but i dont know how to change it
plus last time i ran it was only getting to 45c but when i geared up it seemed to slow
don't go higher than 18 boost on a smaller track.
I ran the LRP with the 189 with a boost of 13 to 18.
When you go to a bigger track you can use 23 boost. I did this only on bigger tracks. On a small or a medium track you don't have advantage of the higher boost.

you can only change the timing on the motor up.
It's better to keep it on 12. don't set it higher.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by niznai
Thank you very much krio. How do you know all this stuff? Yes, that was the function. You cleared now my confusion. Yes, I do understand now there is some difference to the old speedo turbo function (in brushed).

To conclude, I was not concerned about termalling, just wandered if the settings wouldn't fight/affect each other somewhat. I find it much more useful to understand how things work when trying to reason what settings I should use rather than just take it for granted and follow meaningless lists of other people's settings (meaningless because they may or may not apply to my conditions-track, etc, not because they don't make sense).

Thank you Alex. Can you tell us what was the final drive ratio as well?

As far as I figured it out the current limiter does exactly that i.e. does not allow the motor to draw more current than the set value even the motor would like to. The reason to use it might be two fold. One is that it might control wheelspin (the motor can not accelerate as hard) and the second is to protect the motor in case there is some other problem that would labour the motor making it draw too much current.

PS Dang! Someone beat me again. You can tell we live too effing far away from everywhere.

sorry final drive ratio is 4.20952 basically 4.21... guy with the TC spec was running same FDR as me and was like What THE F_ _K how did you just do that... lol

and that was boost at 15 LMAO i will set it to max for next wednesday night and show him what Tekins all about...

Alex
Old 07-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikky32
When you win a lot at the infield. Gear a tooth heavier. Your top speed will go higher.
do this only as you have enough infield speed.

What is the Timing on the Novak Motor?
Was that 25?
If so set the boost to 10.
Throttle profile 5 will give you more acceleration in the beginning but when I see the track, keep it on 3.
I drive always 5.
Also here with a 10,5T Lipo.
http://users.telenet.be/RC-Club-Nuclea/Info/Info.html
After each race we have an other layout.
It's a narrow track with a lot of traction. so much that almost every body has grip roll.
this is a short movie of the mod class.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i66veYtUtNc

timing on the novak I have no clue mabe someone will chime in and tell us...

was what 25?

Alex

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.