(1) I've had two race meets with the RS PRO and new Hot Bodies Cyclone TC.
The track is large with a couple of very tight corners.
The right sweeper + main straight total about 220+ feet.
There are now three RS PRO drivers at the track.
-- 2 RS PRO + 10.5 Redline Brushless
-- 1 RS PRO + 17.5 Redline Brushless.
All three are running v198 software.
I can get my 10.5 almost as fast as the mod cars.
However, this has drawbacks as you will see below.
(2) All of the RS PRO drivers (inc me) complain that the brakes are minimal.
Need to brake very early, and run the risk of other cars running up rear end.
RS PRO brakes are set at maximum (100%) by all drivers.
(3) On the (relatively) small-ish back straight, at full brakes, it takes about 20++ feet to slow down for a tight 90 degree right hand corner (followed by a 110 degree left hander). It I braked at a point that seemed more in line with the other cars, i would go about 4-5 feet past the corner.
(4) One of the marshal's commented to me it was obvious that other cars were able to brake later into that corner than my car.
(5) The 10.5 Brushless class dont have great braking power, but the RS PRO seems more limiting.
(6) I tried going from an FDR of 4.3 to 5.1 in an attempt to load up motor when off power and braking. I might have got more braking, but I'm not sure.
(7) I have double checked throttle and brake end points and all appears OK. End points are easy to check with the RS PRO as all the leds flash at max throttle, and max brakes. I have also increased the drag brake.
** I'd be very interested in others experiences with this combination. **