Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
ok, tryin to figure out a ballpark gear for my 008 mated to a 17.5 duo and a RS. havent been up to the local track recently and even in talkin to folks for a baseline, i'm gettin a lot of different answers. some even referencing the wide gap is because of the speedo and its abilities. right bout a 100' stretch and the rest is carpet-esque 'twisties' on asphalt. right now a 104/42 (4.2:1) ratio sits in there. purely b/c its what i had to outfit the car having bought that ratio for VTA (another class option). can i find out if i'm in the ballpark and if not what needs to happen pinion and/or prgm'g wise to get me to close enuff to test on track and pinpoint. easy on me, never done brushless touring. brushless offroad, the tekin allows you to 'miss' the ideal FDR, but i know that tolerance is tighter for onroad. thx

btw, the 2 RSs i have here are v1.89 (b4 and 008), i will be orderin a 3rd here in next 2wks for the 12r5 (which i'm told should use v1.94??)

thx

R
Ryan..

I run 0* low hole on DUO,Full boost (30) 194 software,70% drag brake,Profile #3 at 4.15 larger tracks to 4.40 smaller tracks. 4.2 range will be great start, Just watch temps as some places run 5 minutes some are 6........................
Old 06-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Ryan..

I run 0* low hole on DUO,Full boost (30) 194 software,70% drag brake,Profile #3 at 4.15 larger tracks to 4.40 smaller tracks. 4.2 range will be great start, Just watch temps as some places run 5 minutes some are 6........................

How are you guys runing your 13.5 DUOs?
Old 06-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stocker
How are you guys runing your 13.5 DUOs?

Low timming hole on motor,189-194 software full boost...4.15-4.40 gear....
Old 06-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
ok, tryin to figure out a ballpark gear for my 008 mated to a 17.5 duo and a RS. havent been up to the local track recently and even in talkin to folks for a baseline, i'm gettin a lot of different answers. some even referencing the wide gap is because of the speedo and its abilities. right bout a 100' stretch and the rest is carpet-esque 'twisties' on asphalt. right now a 104/42 (4.2:1) ratio sits in there. purely b/c its what i had to outfit the car having bought that ratio for VTA (another class option). can i find out if i'm in the ballpark and if not what needs to happen pinion and/or prgm'g wise to get me to close enuff to test on track and pinpoint. easy on me, never done brushless touring. brushless offroad, the tekin allows you to 'miss' the ideal FDR, but i know that tolerance is tighter for onroad. thx

btw, the 2 RSs i have here are v1.89 (b4 and 008), i will be orderin a 3rd here in next 2wks for the 12r5 (which i'm told should use v1.94??)

thx

R
At the "C" with the 1.98 software at Max boost (45*) and no timing on the motor I'm running anywhere from 4.8 to 4.6 FDR depending on the layout. Tags is right if you will be using the 1.89 or the 1.94. I had to go down down a couple teeth with the new software.

You going to make the June 28th enduro? Should be fun. 2.4 hours of racing!!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:03 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

would like to casey, need to find a team. and perhaps another battery to donate to the cause. would have a team covered on chargers though. 1 ICE and 2 Onyx. but again, need a squad.

R
Old 06-15-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Low timming hole on motor,189-194 software full boost...4.15-4.40 gear....
Full boost and same FDR as 17.5? No overheating?
Old 06-15-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stocker
Full boost and same FDR as 17.5? No overheating?
Sorry My bad..I was thinking 17.5..Yikes.. Same low timing ,full boost 5.3 to 5.6 is great starting point...
Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

tag, 13.5s in yet. thx going to need at least 1 for 1/12. hoping that roar will make it right for nats and have 1s rules in place if not a class.

R
Old 06-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Like Fred said I too find I get more brakes in Sensored mode. Also check to make sure you didn't have ABS activated on the radio when you calibrated the ESC and if you have a Hotwire get some newer software loaded on the ESC. I found that the later versions also have more brakes.
True! We can apply slightly more brakes in sensored mode. We are also always improving in the background and often do not say anything to see if people notice.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Document on using RS with Hotwire

I recently bought my first RS, with Hotwire. I found the learning curve to be rather steep. I needed to read many, many posts in this thread to figure things out. The results are worth it, but Tekin would do better if getting started were easier.

So I wrote a short document (attached) that summarizes what I learned by reading all those posts and by using the RS with Hotwire. I hope it will help others come up to speed more easily.

If you don’t have Word on your PC you can still read the document by downloading the free reader:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Please provide feedback via PM rather than cluttering up the thread. Cheers,
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Using Tekin RS with Hotwire.doc (158.0 KB, 665 views)
Old 06-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkBrown
I recently bought my first RS, with Hotwire. I found the learning curve to be rather steep. I needed to read many, many posts in this thread to figure things out. The results are worth it, but Tekin would do better if getting started were easier.

So I wrote a short document (attached) that summarizes what I learned by reading all those posts and by using the RS with Hotwire. I hope it will help others come up to speed more easily.

If you don’t have Word on your PC you can still read the document by downloading the free reader:

WOW! I haven't read it all (20 pages) but you put a lot of time into this. Nice. I have a really good grasp on the RS and Hotwire but I'm going to read this anyway
Old 06-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MarkBrown

Wow compliments looks good.
I did the same with the tape to keep the wires ok.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Guys, Im in the market for a new speedy and motor for primarily 10.5 and some 17.5 racing. Im tossing up between the SPX and the RS series. Do i really need the pro model for stock racing or is the standard RS model going to be ok? I could spend the extra cash from the RS on a Hot wire is my thinking. And what sort of warranty support can i expect buying from either a HongKong or American store and having it shipped to Australia? There are a few local shops selling these but at around $470au for a motor and speedy getting one from stormers or a main at around $360au landed is much better for my wallet. Unless someone can recommend a better online store that isnt going to take 2 weeks to send something out at ridiculous shipping prices. Cheers Benzaah...
Old 06-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

the rs is fine, you need the pro when you get into mod or offroad
Old 06-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Guys, Im in the market for a new speedy and motor for primarily 10.5 and some 17.5 racing. Im tossing up between the SPX and the RS series. Do i really need the pro model for stock racing or is the standard RS model going to be ok? I could spend the extra cash from the RS on a Hot wire is my thinking. And what sort of warranty support can i expect buying from either a HongKong or American store and having it shipped to Australia? There are a few local shops selling these but at around $470au for a motor and speedy getting one from stormers or a main at around $360au landed is much better for my wallet. Unless someone can recommend a better online store that isnt going to take 2 weeks to send something out at ridiculous shipping prices. Cheers Benzaah...
I have two LRP SPX's and two Tekin RS's. My thoughts are this, if you want a set and forget, get the SPX, but if you want adjustability, get the Tekin RS.

As for the RS vs RS Pro, you won't need the Pro unless you are running modified racing a majority of the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.