Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 13.5 Temps

Hey all,
I just got a Tekin 13.5 and I had no idea how to gear it. I think I have it about right now, but how should I tell if I have it geared properly? Is there a temp that you suggest to run it at, or a Temp limit?

Thanks

Josh
Old 05-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Hey Randy and pals... I keep hearing people talking about "Binding your ESC to your RX"... what is this? Im an old school guy coming back after a 5 year hiatus, and have never had to do this before. On my new car, my Tekin RS pro and my Futaba 603 receiver seem to work together just fine, and I didn't "bind" anything, to anything. What am I missing?
They probably mean recalibrate the radio to the esc.
rebinding also helps if you have a 2.4ghz radio system.
Recalibrating is important especially if you altered nuetral settings.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
They probably mean recalibrate the radio to the esc.
rebinding also helps if you have a 2.4ghz radio system.
Recalibrating is important especially if you altered nuetral settings.
I do have a 2.4 gz system... I don't really see any conflicting settings between the hotwire and my 3pk however. It's not like changing my boost settings will affect my EPA or anything. Can you give me an example of what two things tend to need to be "recalibrated"? appreciated.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Hey Randy and pals... I keep hearing people talking about "Binding your ESC to your RX"... what is this? Im an old school guy coming back after a 5 year hiatus, and have never had to do this before. On my new car, my Tekin RS pro and my Futaba 603 receiver seem to work together just fine, and I didn't "bind" anything, to anything. What am I missing?
Since spektrum became the mainstream 2.4 gig radio and you have to "bind" the transmitter to the receiver many people are now calling the original setup (where you set neutral, full throttle, and reverse) the act of "binding" the esc to the radio.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Krio
Since spektrum became the mainstream 2.4 gig radio and you have to "bind" the transmitter to the receiver many people are now calling the original setup (where you set neutral, full throttle, and reverse) the act of "binding" the esc to the radio.
Correct and also just to make sure your base setting is what it should be.
I have helped a good few guys with esc issues only to find a rebind sorts the issue out and in some cases resetting the radios to max settings on throttle epa etc..
essentially when in doubt go back to basics and start from scratch.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoshM20
Hey all,
I just got a Tekin 13.5 and I had no idea how to gear it. I think I have it about right now, but how should I tell if I have it geared properly? Is there a temp that you suggest to run it at, or a Temp limit?

Thanks

Josh
Anyone know about the temp?

Josh
Old 05-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by JoshM20
Anyone know about the temp?

Josh
After a 5 minute race the motor should not be hotter than 180. I aim to keep mine around from 140 to 160. Also, make sure when you temp the motor to shoot the part of the can with the black sticker on it as the reflective silver surface will provide you with a much lower inaccurate reading.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

We have tested today a Tekin RS Pro and a GM Genius 120.
We started with a testing the GM and after several tests we got the temp to 170.
Lap times were ok. 15,5sec fastest lap.
Then we build in the same car a Tekin RS Pro.
Because he hath to recharge his racing cells, he tested it with a training pack.
We got the temp also about 170. The time in 5 min. of driving was lower.
Also the fastest lap was lower. 15,2sec.
After that we didn't even test any more.
The Tekin is much faster than the GM Genius 120.
All what we did didn't get the GM faster.
Even not with better cells.
even when we got a temp of the motor above the 180. the car didn't go faster than the Tekin. We used the 198 update.

Also the one that drove the car with the GM and the Tekin found that the Tekin was driving smoother than the GM. The car reacted beter than the GM and that made it better to handle the car.
So now only the Turbo for the long tracks and than the Tekin rules on all tracks.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mikky32
We have tested today a Tekin RS Pro and a GM Genius 120.
We started with a testing the GM and after several tests we got the temp to 170.
Lap times were ok. 15,5sec fastest lap.
Then we build in the same car a Tekin RS Pro.
Because he hath to recharge his racing cells, he tested it with a training pack.
We got the temp also about 170. The time in 5 min. of driving was lower.
Also the fastest lap was lower. 15,2sec.
After that we didn't even test any more.
The Tekin is much faster than the GM Genius 120.
All what we did didn't get the GM faster.
Even not with better cells.
even when we got a temp of the motor above the 180. the car didn't go faster than the Tekin. We used the 198 update.

Also the one that drove the car with the GM and the Tekin found that the Tekin was driving smoother than the GM. The car reacted beter than the GM and that made it better to handle the car.
So now only the Turbo for the long tracks and than the Tekin rules on all tracks.
used the engine 7T delta in de GM ESC
Old 05-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by higbo
used the engine 7T delta in de GM ESC
Drove with a LRP X11 10,5T
Mode 6 in the GM speedo. and the latest software.
Tried to get it faster bud the fastest lap was still 0,3 Sec slower than the Tekin.
On oer track the Tekin is by far the fastest.

We drive on 5 cell.

Last edited by mikky32; 05-22-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

i d/l the new updated 198 version from tekin website. Uninstalled the program first etc. Installed the new version and now when i start hotwire i get a message in a green box saying that "some of the user values are outside the expected range, your esc may not be compatible with this version of the hotwire"

After that the program starts and i can change my setup and save them to my hotwire. I didn't drive with it yet but is that message intentionaly or is something wrong with the software?
Old 05-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
i d/l the new updated 198 version from tekin website. Uninstalled the program first etc. Installed the new version and now when i start hotwire i get a message in a green box saying that "some of the user values are outside the expected range, your esc may not be compatible with this version of the hotwire"

After that the program starts and i can change my setup and save them to my hotwire. I didn't drive with it yet but is that message intentionaly or is something wrong with the software?
Mind did the same thing. I put a battery in it and it seemed to be alright on the bench. I guess I will find out tomorrow. I'm still using 194.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default problem????

You 2 are having the same problem as: http://www.rctech.net/forum/5845774-post146.html

There might be a issue with it.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

how is that possible? With the other versions i had no problems? Only with this new version i got this message? I didn't check 1S or anything. When i d/l it and installed it i imediatly got that message.

Must be a glitch of some kind as more people have the same message
Old 05-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

how is that possible? With the other versions i had no problems? Only with this new version i got this message? I didn't check 1S or anything. When i d/l it and installed it i imediatly got that message.

Must be a glitch of some kind as more people have the same message
No problems here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.