Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
If i understand randy correct ( and i think he is from tekin) there is no additional timing of 15 that is added up on the motor timing and boost. So 30 on boost and 12 on the motor is 42 and not 42+15(of the esc) =57
Yes he is.
http://teamtekin.com/teammanager.html
Old 05-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gortan
There's nothing PURPOSELY adding timing to the boost and motor timing... It's just that the ESC reads the sensors a little before. It senses them coming.... just like a light source which is far away gets brighter and more intense, the closer you get to it... something like that

g
Yeah your right i was editing the post as you were typing yours it seems lol
Old 05-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Con
Does anyone know what the "from the factory" timing is for a Novak 21.5,17.5,10.5 motor is??
the best way to know for sure is to email novak,i did.the 6.5 with the black endbell is set at 25deg and they said most of there motors are 25
Old 05-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Does that mean at this point in time the SPX is best???
No, this is not what it means. The spx has a slight edge on tracks with large straights. Tracks that have 135ft plus straights. We have seen this and while it's not much of an advantage we have the ability to go after any possible advantage.

The best part is it will be a free software download, not a new speed controller!

As you all know, everyone here at Tekin listens. When we get feedback we use it as input, make adjustments and make our products better. You as the customers reap the benefit of this directly.

The Reedy race is only a few days away, we'll see some real track testing there. I will be in attendance.

Tekin, always moving the technological edge further...
Old 05-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

I am still testing the rs pro with the timing etc. and it takes some time to get to the sweet spot but i must say i really appreciate the fact that the team is doing it's best to develope there product into an even better one.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

They also react on questions and problems.
You can't say that from LRP.

Randy on the large tracks out here the difference with the SPX is quit big.
Our long tracks are a lot longer than 135ft. (straight end)
We are a small country but we have some big tracks!!

Randy did the turbo keep adding speed till the end of the straight?
So did it keep accelerating till the end of the straight and did you get your lap times down?
Old 05-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
No, this is not what it means. The spx has a slight edge on tracks with large straights. Tracks that have 135ft plus straights. We have seen this and while it's not much of an advantage we have the ability to go after any possible advantage.

The best part is it will be a free software download, not a new speed controller!

As you all know, everyone here at Tekin listens. When we get feedback we use it as input, make adjustments and make our products better. You as the customers reap the benefit of this directly.

The Reedy race is only a few days away, we'll see some real track testing there. I will be in attendance.

It time to put up or shut up

all tracks in Fla have straights that are 100 ft+++++++ you candrive perfect in the infield only to to blown away down the straight no more BS get a profile the stays on pace with that LRP stock esc or it time to get a LRP
Old 05-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike

1 more thing it has nothing to do with 135 th straights it could be 80 ft and the results will still be the same you might won't to get RS up to speed brfore you start calling out LRP
Old 05-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

MY RS has passed many SPX's on the main straight away with ease....

Comes down to correct motor/ESC timming and set up....
Old 05-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, but the tracks you race on are small. I have seen the timing advantage they can have on big straights. But in the infield, they dont' seem to do it.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think that you guys are a little out of control on the whole SPX vs. RS thing.

There are some classes that the Tekin is a must. Others not so much.

Tekin will work on it more than any other company and it's just a download away. When they finish the new LRP you'll have to buy a new speedo that can't be updated.

Mine TQ'd and won last night so it's not all that bad in dirt.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat

all tracks in Fla have straights that are 100 ft+++++++ you candrive perfect in the infield only to to blown away down the straight no more BS get a profile the stays on pace with that LRP stock esc or it time to get a LRP
Get off your high horse. The RS in its current form when setup properly can hold it's own with the SPX. While the spx can make a huge amount of rpm under no load/light load it's not like you're losing 5 seconds a lap.

The proper setup is key, gearing, motor choice, timing adjustments, etc.

While there can be an advantage to the SPX or GM on large tracks where the straights are longer we're here to combat it, WITHOUT making you buy a new speedo!

Smaller tracks don't show any advantage at all RS vs. Spx. Look at the recent carpet nats. The 17.5 Stock TC A main had 8 out of 10 RS! Go figure...
Old 05-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dawgmeat

The fastest car (down the straight) at my local track has a Tekin RS in it. Perhaps you should give Jesse Bean a PM and see what settings he is running.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So, i wont over heat running 10 degree timing in the motor and 30 timing on the speedo with a 5.0 FDR? If so any recommendations? Im running the trinity 13.5 so the lowest i can go on the timing on the motor is 10 degree.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustinLessard
The fastest car (down the straight) at my local track has a Tekin RS in it. Perhaps you should give Jesse Bean a PM and see what settings he is running.
Yeah, but he ran full timing on the motor too. I tried that once, 230° on the motor is not cool at all! I have yet to see anyone at Rosewood run profile 8 and full timing on a SPX.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.