Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Exclamation

The Rsx has a fan , thank God !!! That's all the RS pro needed, and a few more capacitors... Hopefully the Rsx will be able to do mod (2.5t) with boost....Let's hope so !!!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I have what seems might be a crazy question. Is the for sale forum or the hobby shops the only place to pick up a tekin rs or pro? Is there no way to say buy one that has been sent back to the warranty dept that the owner say does not want anymore. Not like scratch and dent but more so factory refurbished esc? Looking for one of these for my F1. I have a SP PRO 2.0 but I think it may either be to big or to heavy.
I have an RS Pro that died when my motor blew up last weekend. Do you want to buy it cheap and then you can send it to Tekin for repair?

j/k..unless someone who lives very close to me wants it.
I just don't like having to ship things.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Hopefully the Rsx will be able to do mod (2.5t) with boost....Let's hope so !!!
Why would you need to use boost with a 2.5t motor?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We need to keep pushing the limit of everything: motor, speedos, etc ...
Old 03-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bukil
Why is there a sudden influx of Tekins in the for-sale thread? Are we going to see the "rsx" soon?
Market saturation, most likely, as well as lots of people dumping extra winter equipment.

Happens twice a year, everyone wants new stuff both for indoor and outdoor season. Always lots of turn over in the Spring and Fall.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by locked
I have an RS Pro that died when my motor blew up last weekend. Do you want to buy it cheap and then you can send it to Tekin for repair?

j/k..unless someone who lives very close to me wants it.
I just don't like having to ship things.
Dave i've been looking for a pro for a while now..
Old 03-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default corally pro red 13.5

Hi
i have just put the corally motor in and it dosen`t work on my rs pro can anyone give me a reason for this.
motor was working fine with a hobbywing extream stock
and rs was working fine with a novak ballistic
Cheers Guys
Old 03-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
Hi
i have just put the corally motor in and it dosen`t work on my rs pro can anyone give me a reason for this.
Cheers Guys
Known issue. Some of my co-racers tried 6 different Corally motors, and only one worked with the Tekin. I have heard about a "tape trick", but I cannot remember how it was. Hope someone knows this trick, that can chime in.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EskimoGangsta
Dave i've been looking for a pro for a while now..
Hey, if you want to go through the whole repair process, it's yours Darren. I'll send you a PM with my phone number. If you will be in Toronto anytime soon, give me a call and you can pick it up or I can maybe meet you somewhere. Or come to Lou's on a Saturday soon. I'm there 95% of the time on Saturdays.

Last Sunday was Niagara's last race for the year unfortunately, or I would just give it to you next race day there.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nilks
Known issue. Some of my co-racers tried 6 different Corally motors, and only one worked with the Tekin. I have heard about a "tape trick", but I cannot remember how it was. Hope someone knows this trick, that can chime in.
I think at may be some kind of sensor problem because when i turn the spur gear the led`s don`t illuminate
My lead is good
Old 03-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
with my spektrum i had to set it up with throttle/brake at 90 on the end points, setup the esc, them put the spektrum back at 100/100. this should stop the radio drift. (IF that's your problem)
Thanks I fixed it. I had to reset the whole model back to default on the radio and start again. I don't know what setting upset it, but alls good.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by locked
Hey, if you want to go through the whole repair process, it's yours Darren. I'll send you a PM with my phone number. If you will be in Toronto anytime soon, give me a call and you can pick it up or I can maybe meet you somewhere. Or come to Lou's on a Saturday soon. I'm there 95% of the time on Saturdays.

Last Sunday was Niagara's last race for the year unfortunately, or I would just give it to you next race day there.
I'll come to lou's soon, or maybe universal. i just have to strip my tc soon for all my outdoor stuff.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
Hi
Cheers Guys
They just dont work i dont know why but corally has it stated somewhere on there site.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys how you doing .....soo im a black diamond speed control kind of guy...but everyones telling me you dont need that its way overpriced .....so i said ok i will get an rs pro and put it in my new ride ....so im all excited too get my new ride on the track tommorow but the only problem is that i just finished installing all the electronics and go to turn it on and wouldnt you know it my rs doesnt even lite up!!! yes everything is wired correctly and its a brand new rs pro rite outta the box!!! ...anyways maybe someone can tell me whats wrong with this thing because the way its looking rite now the price tag on the black diamond aint so bad because it actually works!!!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

OK update it turns on when its not plugged into the receiver but once its plugged into the receiver it doesnt turn on????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.