Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

From what i have know from Tekin is that after you update the firmware all settings must be set to how you want them as it is been set back to default.
Also you need to recalibrate ESC to transmitter.
That is why there is no chime(when all is ok)
Also when no chime is present after recalibration,check sensor wire and esc wire to RX.
Had that same problem with a Tekin of a mate of mine.
It did work on my RX but on his it didn't.
For some reason he had a poor contact on one of the signal wires to the RX.
Replaces servo wires to ESC and problem was gone.

regards Roy
Old 02-22-2012, 04:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDR
Just make sure you have the sensor cable plugged in properly as well. When you say no throttle, do the lights on the ESC go up and down, but no motor action?

I applied 222 yesterday and noticed that I had to check every setting in Hotwire - virtually all had changed, including motor type.
Lights go up with full throttle and back down when off throttle. I run stock so both lights are blinking properly. I synced radio a few times. Checked my settings. Still motor does not move. I have steering and it appears throttle is working. When I sync the radio, there is no chime. ????? I'm confused and very frustrated.

I have tried 3 different sensor wires and 3 different motors.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jamison R
Lights go up with full throttle and back down when off throttle. I run stock so both lights are blinking properly. I synced radio a few times. Checked my settings. Still motor does not move. I have steering and it appears throttle is working. When I sync the radio, there is no chime. ????? I'm confused and very frustrated.

I have tried 3 different sensor wires and 3 different motors.
First, have you actually re-calibrated your transmitter ? Sounds to me like this hasnt been done. Hold the MODE button for a few seconds, you will hear a chime then bleeps, on the next chime pull full throttle and hold it, bleps again then at the chime pull full brakes and hold it, again bleep and at the chime let the stick go to neutral. It will bleep then chime, then do a long chime indicating its all set. Try then, does the motor spin ?

If it does not then revert your speedo back to 212 using the hotwire program. Once reverted upgrade it again. Once done then do the abovge setup again and test, does the motor move ?

If it fails to, take it back to 212, run the calibration and test, does the motor move now ?

Let us know
Old 02-22-2012, 05:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Jo90uk
First, have you actually re-calibrated your transmitter ? Sounds to me like this hasnt been done. Hold the MODE button for a few seconds, you will hear a chime then bleeps, on the next chime pull full throttle and hold it, bleps again then at the chime pull full brakes and hold it, again bleep and at the chime let the stick go to neutral. It will bleep then chime, then do a long chime indicating its all set. Try then, does the motor spin ?

If it does not then revert your speedo back to 212 using the hotwire program. Once reverted upgrade it again. Once done then do the abovge setup again and test, does the motor move ?

If it fails to, take it back to 212, run the calibration and test, does the motor move now ?

Let us know
I have re calibrated my radio 20-30 times. There is NO CHIME. I have reverted. Back to 212 tested, did not work. Went to 222 again, did not work. Thanks for your reply, but I have tried everything you posted and tried different motors, sensor wires, and even a new reciever.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have re calibrated my radio 20-30 times. There is NO CHIME. I have reverted. Back to 212 tested, did not work. Went to 222 again, did not work. Thanks for your reply, but I have tried everything you posted and tried different motors, sensor wires, and even a new reciever.
this may be a silly question, but some one who had similar issues to yourself, his motor wasnt set right. he had it on Brushed forward. once the setting was set right to brushless forward, his chimed. a long shot, but basics.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

It's on the brushless forward setting. Guess it needs to get sent back to tekin. It sucks to have to pay the 80 dollar service fee due to uploading 222.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's on the brushless forward setting. Guess it needs to get sent back to tekin. It sucks to have to pay the 80 dollar service fee due to uploading 222.
Ok here is what happened to me a couple of times that I have helped people update. Update the firmware again. When the update finishes and the ESC has all the defaults, unplug it from the hotwire and calibrate it to the radio.
IF THIS WORKS it should chime.
The problem I had was that if I adjusted the settings after the update but before calibration with the radio, then the motor type would be wrong according the ESC lights. Even though when I plugged it into the hotwire it was on the correct motor type. I even tried changing the motor type and it still would not work. The lights would move up and down like you are describing, but I also had the blinking lights that indicated incorrect motor type.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:55 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Tekin rs just downloaded 222, now I have no chime and no throttle. I synced to radio. Any help appreciated
Is this in a 12th or WGT? If so no chime but blinking lights is usually a sign of low voltage from a receiver pack or battery. If the RS doesnt see high enough voltage you'll have steering but no throttle and it wont beep.

EA
Old 02-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Where's the video talking about the RSx? Is there one shown on the video?
Looks a little bigger than what people are use to ..
Attached Thumbnails Tekin RS ESC sensored-tekinrsx.jpg  
Old 02-22-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When I sync the radio, there is no chime.
I had the same thing happen to me.

I had forgot to reset my brakes on the radio to 100% before the sync. after correcting this it worked fine

GW
Old 02-22-2012, 07:21 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i believe that if there is no chime, then it isn't arming, which can depend on it finding neutral.
when i updated to 222 i noticed the neutral width was set to a huge value, and put it back to 20 which has worked for me before.

i also noticed it was difficult to get it into calibration mode on the first try, but got it to calibrate after turning it off and back on again.

i don't know why there would be any permanent damage, so you might be best off by reverting to 212 and then install the 212 hotwire version and be back where you started.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by light
I had the same thing happen to me.

I had forgot to reset my brakes on the radio to 100% before the sync. after correcting this it worked fine

GW
+1 did the same thing.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Tekin rs just downloaded 222, now I have no chime and no throttle. I synced to radio. Any help appreciated
This happened to me on the older versions of Tekin. I found out that my cap somehow got unsoldered. When I soldered it back, everything went fine including the chimes. I'd check this first before sending it out.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Looks a little bigger than what people are use to ..
it does look a little bigger. probably around the same size as the orion.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have tried all above suggestions. It is 2s touring car. Still no chime. I replaced the cap, checked and double checked wires. Checked brakes and neutral width. Reset to factory default and calibrated to radio etc etc. still no chime. This is craziness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.