Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've tried push control, and it had little or no effect. Certainly nothing like adding push control on my 1/12 scale.

I've got a tick and a half of additional timing (12deg?). I did try reducing the mechanical timing, and it did seem to help, but not much.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Randy,

Is there any movement on a Tekin 1s speedo (built in booster tech)? Seems LRP, HobbyWing/Speed Passion, Viper are able to do it, what about Tekin?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's not a matter of can we do it. Yes we have the ability and knowledge to release such a speedo. All I can say at this point is that the RS is still running strong and is the esc to beat at the top levels of competition. However as you've all seen in the past if Tekin sees room for improvements in both software and hardware we will move forward with such a project.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default feature request

Randy, if a bec booster were to be incorporated in a future ESC, it would be very nice to be able to adjust it up to 8.4v so we can take advantage of some of the newer HV servos on the market.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Boosting 1s voltage up to 8.4vs would be quite a feat. That's far more than double the voltage.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

I don't think it is really all that necessary currently, maybe in the future...when I was recently searching for new servo options in 1/12th I couldn't find any high voltage servos. I wanted one so I could use a LiPo RX pack without a voltage regulator.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I don't think it is really all that necessary currently, maybe in the future...when I was recently searching for new servo options in 1/12th I couldn't find any high voltage servos. I wanted one so I could use a LiPo RX pack without a voltage regulator.
wire the rx pack through the switch,no regulator needed
Old 11-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default setup

anyone know a setup for a Reedy Sonic 17.5, TC, 2S, boosted. I was told Hara ran this motor in Vegas.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default setup

anyone know a setup for a Reedy Sonic 17.5, TC, 2S, boosted. I was told Hara ran this motor in Vegas.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
It's not a matter of can we do it. Yes we have the ability and knowledge to release such a speedo. All I can say at this point is that the RS is still running strong and is the esc to beat at the top levels of competition. However as you've all seen in the past if Tekin sees room for improvements in both software and hardware we will move forward with such a project.
I don't doubt if you can do it, it's will you do it? It's also not a matter of performance or software in this case but rather making things easier for the end user. No one wants to have to use a rx pack or booster if they don't have to (yet another piece in the system to fail).

Other companies have looked at the market and deemed that there is a demand for a 1s speedo and they have responed to fill that demand. LRP, SpeedPassion/Hobbywing, Viper ... Tekin however is missing from that list.

In my area, there have been a number of people that have started 1/12 racing. When I explain to them that they will either need a rx pack, booster or a speedo with a built in booster, the first thing they ask is which speedo's have built in boosters and in the end buy one of those. It's not only easier for new racers, it's easier for all racers.

So the question remains, does Tekin see room for improvement in their current hardware?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
I don't doubt if you can do it, it's will you do it? It's also not a matter of performance or software in this case but rather making things easier for the end user. No one wants to have to use a rx pack or booster if they don't have to (yet another piece in the system to fail).

Other companies have looked at the market and deemed that there is a demand for a 1s speedo and they have responed to fill that demand. LRP, SpeedPassion/Hobbywing, Viper ... Tekin however is missing from that list.

In my area, there have been a number of people that have started 1/12 racing. When I explain to them that they will either need a rx pack, booster or a speedo with a built in booster, the first thing they ask is which speedo's have built in boosters and in the end buy one of those. It's not only easier for new racers, it's easier for all racers.

So the question remains, does Tekin see room for improvement in their current hardware?
I race 1s in WGT and I currently use a receiver pack. It's really not bad at all. To be honest, even if Tekin were to come out with a 1s speedo with a booster, I still would use my current setup with the receiver pack because all the power is going where it should be, to the motor. Tekin still has the best speedo out there, and I will continue to buy their products even if they don't make a model with a booster.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
wire the rx pack through the switch,no regulator needed
I have done that in the past...really didn't like the way it came out and it makes the RS unusable in other cars without undoing the switch mod.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

When I spoke with Randy at the IIC we discussed the whole 1 cell thing...apparently the 1 cell ESCs that currently exist have a pretty high percentage of failures in the booster rendering the whole ESC a paper weight. He mentioned that one of the things they were looking at is some sort of plug in module type booster which I think is an awesome idea.

Last edited by InspGadgt; 11-16-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by Buckaroo; 11-16-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
I race 1s in WGT and I currently use a receiver pack. It's really not bad at all. To be honest, even if Tekin were to come out with a 1s speedo with a booster, I still would use my current setup with the receiver pack because all the power is going where it should be, to the motor. Tekin still has the best speedo out there, and I will continue to buy their products even if they don't make a model with a booster.
I've seen rx packs fail and leave racers out of a run. Not having to charge yet another battery is a plus in my book. As for performance, I run a booster and can not tell any difference, not to mention I saw many sponsored drivers using boosters at IIC, if they felt a booster diminished performance they would not run one at such an event. Hanulec ran a TQ Booster for example.

When I spoke with Randy at the IIC we discussed the whole 1 cell thing...apparently the 1 cell ESCs that currently exist have a pretty high percentage of failures in the booster rendering the whole ESC a paper weight.
Honestly .. that sounds more like an excuse to me then anything else. Many people at my track have moved to a 1s speedo and no one has had any issues with the built in boosters. I have not even seen a single post about that in the LRP, SpeedPassion or Hobbywing threads. You would think that if that was true then it would be all over this board.

He mentioned that one of the things they were looking at is some sort of plug in module type booster which I think is an awesome idea.
Why is that awesome? If they are thinking of this, then they see demand in the market for a 1s booster, then why not just build it into the speedo.

Honestly, who here thinks having a built in booster is not a good idea?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.