Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 08-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Harry, I'm starting to understand that my start/end rpm was way off 5,000-20,000 to me my car seemed non-boosted and everyone else was boosted so I started adding more gear, when I did change to 4,747-13,000 for the main I didn't change my FDR and I was over geared. Tony told me my range was off.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, sorry about that, if I'd known you didn't have a profile worked out, I'd have given you some help.

Try a 6.3 FDR, 50 boost, 6k-16k RPM range, and come up slow on the turbo on a .4 delay, 1 or 2 ramp if you find you still need more top end. My car came off at 165* every run, without a lack of top end or corner exit speed compared to everyone else. That should get you in the ballpark power wise.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubblehead
Harry, I'm starting to understand that my start/end rpm was way off 5,000-20,000 to me my car seemed non-boosted and everyone else was boosted so I started adding more gear, when I did change to 4,747-13,000 for the main I didn't change my FDR and I was over geared. Tony told me my range was off.
There is nothing wrong with a 5,000-20,000 range. I wouldn't call it way off. Your other settings were probably just missing, namely your final drive and the amount of timing on the motor.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M-Technic
There is nothing wrong with a 5,000-20,000 range. I wouldn't call it way off. Your other settings were probably just missing, namely your final drive and the amount of timing on the motor.
I'm going to give boosted a little more time, I understand why blinky is becoming popular.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bubblehead
I'm going to give boosted a little more time, I understand why blinky is becoming popular.
Because people either don't want to learn how to build a profile, or they use a pro driver's super-aggressive profile and complain about how the car drives.

Glad you're going to work on it a bit longer. Once you finish dialing in a profile that suits how you drive and how you want the car to behave, you won't be hurting on speed anywhere, it comes back to handling. A little bit like nitro racing: car setup, power plant, car setup, power plant, car setup, done!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default software

Simple question is there a software update for the rs systems coming out soon.
Please do not just ignore me again
Regards Groomie
Old 08-26-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Groomie
Regards Groomie
Why always asking for a new software?? is the one we use now not good enough?

If you are looking for something special that in your opinion will improve the RS, why don't you ask Tekin to fit it in their speedos, I am sure that if your idea is good they will look into it.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:11 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Groomie
Regards Groomie
Not at this time. What are you looking to gain?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'd like to have a customizable throttle curve. Can usually get the
'feel' I like with present options in conjunction with radio settings though.

That aside, would anyone care to share a boosted setup to suit a TC on asphalt please?
X-12 13.5 track is not enormous. TIA
Old 08-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olly986
Why always asking for a new software?? is the one we use now not good enough?

If you are looking for something special that in your opinion will improve the RS, why don't you ask Tekin to fit it in their speedos, I am sure that if your idea is good they will look into it.
Ahh there we are the keyboard bandit. Always one. Instead of using sarcasm how about just answer the question. If you don't know the answer then don't answer.

He was asking a simple question. Is tekin planning on releasing an update or introducing a new speedie.

Reason he asked again was no one gave him an answer..
Old 08-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Not at this time. What are you looking to gain?
The ability to save profiles and a larger screen interface with more contrast so us old guys can see what we are doing lol.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BCbud
The ability to save profiles and a larger screen interface with more contrast so us old guys can see what we are doing lol.
+1
Old 08-27-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shoei
That aside, would anyone care to share a boosted setup to suit a TC on asphalt please?
X-12 13.5 track is not enormous. TIA
I haven't run a lot of boosted 13.5 TC, and I have little to no experience with an X12, but I think a decent starting point would be:

FDR: 6.5-7 [not 100% on this, test carefully]
End RPM: 22,000
Start RPM: 9,000
Boost: 40
Turbo: Max 10 [the car will be easier to drive and just as fast without Turbo if the lead-in to the straight isn't real fast, or the straight isn't real long, so only use in small increments, with lots of temp checks]
Turbo Ramp: 2
Turbo Delay: .4

Don't take this profile and run with it, you'll need to do quite a bit of testing and temperature checking. Start low on the Boost, and increase in increments of 10 if the temps are good and you need more speed. The X12 has a lot of torque, and likes to run warm, so if you reach a point where the temp is getting too high with the boost, you may want to gear up [lower FDR], a touch and try another test run.

If the acceleration is too smooth/slow, start reducing your END RPM in 1,000 RPM increments. Don't get greedy, there's only so much to gain from a tight RPM range. My lower limit would be 16,000 RPM, so there's a pretty good range to work with.

If the car is too snappy on corner exit, bring the START RPM down one choice on the list, should be 800-1,000 RPM spread between choices.

If you're trying to get more corner exit acceleration, reduce motor timing and/or raise the START RPM one choice on the list.

Again, check the motor temp frequently, make one change between runs, and slowly work towards the power band you want. Hopefully, it only takes a few test runs with the profile I would start with to get up to the 40 Boost [no turbo, set turbo LAST, after all other tweaks are to your liking], to get a decent motor temp after a 6min. run, and you can start adjusting from there.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wylie27
Ahh there we are the keyboard bandit. Always one. Instead of using sarcasm how about just answer the question. If you don't know the answer then don't answer.

He was asking a simple question. Is tekin planning on releasing an update or introducing a new speedie.

Reason he asked again was no one gave him an answer..
No problem in asking but go back a few pages and it is mentioned 3/4 times already...with the same answer: No not at present.

Hence my answer, if you are not happy with the actual software, ask for something specific to add into the next one...
Old 08-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thank you Harry, you are a champ.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.