Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

thank you dawn, and thank you randy, it is people like you guys that keep rctech a popular site.

now, moving forward, i have had about enough of the accusations that are unfounded, especially after the answer was given...

lets now talk about how 212 is a great program and how we are setting it up....
Old 10-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I'd like to know where I can get the mouse trap that accepts 212.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Gentlemen: I have not logged into this site for almost a year simply because conversations get way out of hand.. and now, I refuse to allow MY NAME to be associated with hurting a good ROAR affiliate.

Tekin did nothing wrong. Tekin did their job and ROAR chose to review a software profile. We determined for the spirit of the rules, the 208 profile didn't match what we needed in a sportsman ESC and TEKIN offered to change things - but honestly, didn't have to.

I answered an email today that I thought was a private conversation and in no way did I give permission for my email to be publicized. I was asked if the 208 was legal and no, it is not as the list does not reflect 208 but now reflects 212. So, loaded question I guess and I was naive to see that and I answered a question and I should have been more sparing in my answer as I did not realize it would be used to hurt an affiliate publically.

Again, Tekin did nothing wrong. ROAR asked for a change and was granted this change for the sake of its members.

Move on already. Nobody did anything to deserve this kind of bashing.

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR President
This just needs to be repeated every page for a few days.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Just testing 212 and worked great for 5 mins, Then started to stutter when at full throttle and dont get full power. Have tryed update again, Recalibrate controller,Changed motor but still stuttering. if i drop my throttle epa to 80% it works but still wont get full power. Any ideas ? alsdo even does it with 208 and 203 installed.

Could it be the capacitor is stuffed maybe.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

T minus 3 hours until I get to go racing with 212.

I will miss boost though. I hope it comes back into 17.5 eventually.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darrenoakley
Just testing 212 and worked great for 5 mins, Then started to stutter when at full throttle and dont get full power. Have tryed update again, Recalibrate controller,Changed motor but still stuttering. if i drop my throttle epa to 80% it works but still wont get full power. Any ideas ? alsdo even does it with 208 and 203 installed.

Could it be the capacitor is stuffed maybe.
This sounds like a motor issue or losing a sensor possibly. After you updated you did recalibrate your radio right?

What is your full esc setup? 1s or 2s?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Question asside from all the drama. I have the 4PK. It has minimum drive on the throttle and brake that I already use. Are these the same adjustment intergrated in the new 212? Also if I run 17.5 open, I don't realy have to worry about the other stuff. Is that correct?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

running 1s 10.5
start 2750 ish
finish 10500 ish
boost 45
no advance
no turbo
Worked fine before and in first race, changed to 13.5 motor and replace sensor lead but still not working. I am going to replace the cap when I get home and see what that does. It seems to happen when the LEDs reach the top where turbo (if i was using it) would kick in.

Also replaced capacitor now and still no joy.

Last edited by darrenoakley; 10-20-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default 212 SETUP INFO ???

Hi Will Randy and the team be posting some info on here or there website to tell us what these new adjustments do and how / when we should use them ??
Old 10-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
PS. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure Brain Shook who won the sportsman class at the roar paved nats used a Tekin and not a LRP as previously stated by randy, I'll call him and ask to make sure, however like I said, it really doesn't matter now that world peace as been accomplished with the release of 212.
"Brain?"

Randy is correct, I ran an LRP Sphere Comp 07 at ROAR nats. I could see how you would remember otherwise because more often than not you'd see a Tekin in my car. I'm happy to see the response from Dawn and hope to see the 208/212 banter die down. Looking forward to trying out that 212.

Wish I could have raced some WGT with you on Sunday Ritchie. Catch you at the track soon.

- Brian
Old 10-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Many thanks Randy and all at Team Tekin. Downloaded the new 212, all worked exactly according to plan, and both speedos now updated. Looking forward to trying it all out at the track this weekend.

I didn't have to register, Randy, but you have my e-mail from the 208 download. If you need it again for the 212, please post here and I'll forward it to you.

As for the 208 / 212 Stock setting debate - well, they say that this hobby is for children!! Super post from Dawn, and I hope the children are now bored with that game, and we can get on with the business of making our Tekin-powered cars fly!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
These last 4 pages of whining and crying are from the people that want a class that is easier for them to win in. The only problem is they have actually made it more difficult. In an open market, this control is damn near impossible.

They point fingers and toss accusations to debate something that would be a non issue if they just ran the previous classes available and didnt press to rewrite the rule books.

In all actuality these same folks wouldn't win doo-doo. These are the same guys who bitch and moan about a superior DRIVER kickin' their asses and blames the ass-kickin' on other things OTHER THAN inferior setup & driving skills
Old 10-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

I'm a little lost in all the bullshit.... Is v212 a SPEC ONLY update, or basically v208 with an updated spec profile?
Old 10-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No, v212 has other things as well, but it is also the latest ROAR '0-timing' software, but has better brakes and min brake/throttle levels to.

As an aside, the more you try to control the easier it is to point a finger at someone going faster and call them cheaters with no hard and fast evidence, seen it in silver can, 27t, 19t and now we got it in brushless. Sometimes you just got to accept the fact, if you build it with top spec equipment, you will get a better performance, especially when you get the drive right. As for me, slowest you will catch me with in saloon is a 13.5
Old 10-20-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
When I follow this link and download the software it is still the 208 version, am I doing something wrong or what?

Also an other question, currently I'm using this capacitor with my RS pro: http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electr...0-74v/details/

I opted for this one as I'm also running a 5.5T motor outside with the RS.
Now for indoor I will solely run 13.5T and I think the LRP Cap. might be a bit large for this motor.
As I somewhat remember from my electric engineering classes a Cap. has an ideal size for a certain application, has to do with higher voltages as the Cap. get's filled more or something.
So would it be wise to switch back to the stock Capacitor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.