Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 09-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default 1/12th Scale, 1S Set-Ups From the IIC

I'd like to know if Tekin has any 1/12th set-ups that they can post from the IIC. Set-ups from the non-timed 17.5 and timed 13.5 classes, including roll-outs and endbell timing would be great.

Still waiting for posts from the Snowbirds.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
Hey guys

I am starting to race 1/12th scale

I will be using a 1S lipo and booster , is there any known problems with this set up ??

and how do i make my RS novice friendly in my 1/12th scale ??

i will be running 13.5 SP motor in it with a high grip 30m straight track

Thanks again fellas
I'd avoid the Novak booster, the cutoff gets in the way. Besides that, no real problems, about 90% of 12th scale drivers in the UK run 1S and booster (mainly RC Dynamics) with no problems, only difference being we usually run 10.5.

Making it novice friendly: turn the boost down. Then increase it gradually as your confidence improves.

Trev
Old 09-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Tekin TQ's Mod and spec at Speedworld raceway today in the heat Mo had his car rocking in mod and I took care of spec. As usual My motors and speedo were excellent. I only had to break out the hotwire twice today. Ended up adjusting my end rpm and then turning down the drag brake to help keep heat out of the motor. Track temps were over 130 and motors were being put to the test. Thanks to Randy again for all the support. Two weeks off and I'll be back at it again. Getting ready for the Speedworld cup
Old 09-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Setup help

Guys I have been away from the sport and the threads for almost 6 months (trying to find the time to appease the withdrawls) and not sure if this has been previously asked - I am running a ballistic 21.5 (being official for next year thought I would get the jump) - does anyone have a decent starting base setup - the last software I ran was 202 or something like that - I jsut uploaded the new 208 Vegas. Any help would be great as I dont want to burn out another motor. Also with the setup can you give me a base FDR.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The birds setups are on the site. I will be having the IIC setups posted with the latest setup sheet. It's my fault they're not up, my bad.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Donny's IIC rollout

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The birds setups are on the site. I will be having the IIC setups posted with the latest setup sheet. It's my fault they're not up, my bad.
Donny's hotwire setup is shown on the IIC news article, but do you know what rollout he was running.

Thanks,
Carter.

PS: It was great to meet and talk to you at the IIC. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
No crap given on my end. He requested to have his name removed and we abliged.

Sponsorship is earned not simply given.
Good call randy... It should be earned and yes if your good enough to get it great but shit me your never to good for the company that gives you sponsorship so stop crying about it. my point said...
Old 09-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjfo80
Good call randy... It should be earned and yes if your good enough to get it great but shit me your never to good for the company that gives you sponsorship so stop crying about it. my point said...

I paid for my speed controller TEKIN DOES NOT SPONSOR ME. So I asked them to take my name off of their website. They did as I asked and I said thank you. (End of Story they did what i asked)

What is the big deal because I wanted my name removed? Some of you guys are looking for 15 minutes of fame and would sell your next of kin just to have your name in lights.

So please answer me this. If you would have read my post earlier I said I did not even list a speedcontroller manufacturer on my sponsor sheet.
So why would I list them if they do not give me any type of sponsorship or even a 50% deal?????????????

Why should Tekin or any other manufacturer be able to use your results that you work hard at with a product that you have to buy?????????????

I am not asking for any type of help from Tekin or do I expect a full ride from any manufacturer there at the race or after the race. I do the best I can at every race I go to.

On my tech sheet I proudly listed all of my sponsors that helped me at the race and I thanked them accordingly.

Last edited by windix606060; 09-27-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Last edited by jjfo80; 09-27-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by windix606060
I paid for my speed controller TEKIN DOES NOT SPONSOR ME. So I asked them to take my name off of their website. They did as I asked and I said thank you.

Just wondering and not trying to be a smarta#$, but was the posting on their web site derogotory or what? I mean if it was a good post why would you care? This is a hobby and not business for most of us.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hairy
Just wondering and not trying to be a smarta#$, but was the posting on their web site derogotory or what? I mean if it was a good post why would you care? This is a hobby and not business for most of us.
my point exactly just another way to put it
Old 09-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ottoman
Wow... lots of drama
Heck took second in the 17.5 TC A main at the IIC... feel free to use my name if you like.. I ran a Tekin and aint ashamed to let everyone know

Randy sent you a PM with the info if you care to use it
lol
Old 09-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

I paid for my speed controller TEKIN DOES NOT SPONSOR ME. So I asked them to take my name off of their website. They did as I asked and I said thank you. (End of Story they did what i asked)

What is the big deal because I wanted my name removed? Some of you guys are looking for 15 minutes of fame and would sell your next of kin just to have your name in lights.

So please answer me this. If you would have read my post earlier I said I did not even list a speedcontroller manufacturer on my sponsor sheet.
So why would I list them if they do not give me any type of sponsorship or even a 50% deal?????????????

Why should Tekin or any other manufacturer be able to use your results that you work hard at with a product that you have to buy?????????????

I am not asking for any type of help from Tekin or do I expect a full ride from any manufacturer there at the race or after the race. I do the best I can at every race I go to.

On my tech sheet I proudly listed all of my sponsors that helped me at the race and I thanked them accordingly.
......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll................................
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..................

lets get back on topic enough with the drama
Old 09-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Because you have no expectation to privacy in a race that is open to the public.did you request that the results with your name on them not be made public?
Yes they did not Sponsor you as you say but you did have their product in your car and some how they were made aware of that fact. Was it you that let them know.Do you expect payment every time your name is published with out your permission (ie: Race results)? You brought all of this to the public eye with your post on this thread asking what you did, you had already, in private, requested the removal of your name from the web site.Why did you choose to make that request public....you must have been lookin for some attention, well now you have it and it probably isn't what you had in mind. Becareful what you ask for!
Old 09-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

If your ESC sponsor (if there is any) dont blame you or whipe you
of the sponsors list let them fight with eachother and don,t use this forum
for your fight.
No hard feelings of course sometimes things dont fall the right way.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.