Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darrenoakley
OK have ordered a booster to try and solve this issue. I understand the wiring but should I leave esc switched on or off and can i use voltage protection via the software by ticking the 1s box and selecting 1s in the slider or custom it to what ever say 3.2volts. What would be the best way of doing it.
Turn the speedo on or you will not have a voltage cutoff. Set the voltage cutoff to custom and set it at whatever you want.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Also having 1s issues

I took my RS, receiver, and motor from my old 12th scale to the new one, moved to 208 and I get nothing on the motor - lights, no beeps when I calibrate and no motor. The only difference is that I substituted my 2s Lipo and voltage reducer with a 2s LIFE battery that has its own on/off switch.

I have tried multiple combinations of receivers, sensor wires, and motors. downloaded sw, uploaded sw, all of that.

Pretty much at a loss.

Has anyone had issues with the EPIC LIFE Rx pack?
Old 08-07-2010, 10:11 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedpro1
I never downloaded 203 to laugh I never downloaded more then 194 can anyone help me with 203? Thanks albie
I still have the 203 software in my email files...If you wanted...give me your email address..
Old 08-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default WGT 10.5 or 13.5

Hello,
Does any one have a good set up for the WGT for either 10.5 or 13.5? To be honest with you I have been out for about 6 months and I was using the old software. A few weeks ago I updated to the new software not knowing that it will not with the Novac 1S boost. Now that I have that fixed I am a little afraid on taking it out. At the last minute I have decided to go out tomorrow and this time I loaded my laptop. Can anyone give me any pointers just in case I have any problems? I will be running New 1/10 BSR tires. I am a little desperate so anyhelp would be great.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
I still have the 203 software in my email files...If you wanted...give me your email address..
i think it is a one time use
Old 08-08-2010, 04:29 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by mikel33
I took my RS, receiver, and motor from my old 12th scale to the new one, moved to 208 and I get nothing on the motor - lights, no beeps when I calibrate and no motor. The only difference is that I substituted my 2s Lipo and voltage reducer with a 2s LIFE battery that has its own on/off switch.

I have tried multiple combinations of receivers, sensor wires, and motors. downloaded sw, uploaded sw, all of that.

Pretty much at a loss.

Has anyone had issues with the EPIC LIFE Rx pack?
the only issue that a few have had local is charging it,they forgot to
Old 08-08-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
you need a booster or rx pack
Yes I used a Voltage Booster for BEC hobbycity idProduct=7884
and I have 4V in entry and 5V on my rx
Old 08-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Lord

maybe the booster is not working
Old 08-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Not seen a post on this 208 problem, so probably one for Randy etc.

Last night I installed 208 for the first time - on a laptop that has never had Firewire installed. Went to the track today with my 203 laptop and my 208 laptop. Did a baseline with the car as it has been , ie with 203. Then I plugged in the ESC to the new laptop with 208. I started Hotwire and got a dialogue box asking me if I wanted to search for updates. No netwotk at the track so I clicked the "No" button.
But it the started to search the internet. Another dialogue box came up, an error message type, telling me it could not find the site etc - cannot remember the exact words - and it just sat there. I closed the error message box but no Hotwire. I restarted Hotwire but same thing happened. So disasapointly I had to run 203 all day. Do you have to have an Internet connection to run 208, surely not - there is no network at our track???
Old 08-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

no need to have the internet, when i plugged in a speedo to hotwire (208) it simply told me that it was going to update the speedo and off it went
Old 08-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by yellowshark

Last night I installed 208 for the first time - on a laptop that has never had Firewire installed. Went to the track today with my 203 laptop and my 208 laptop. Did a baseline with the car as it has been , ie with 203. Then I plugged in the ESC to the new laptop with 208. I started Hotwire and got a dialogue box asking me if I wanted to search for updates. No netwotk at the track so I clicked the "No" button.
But it the started to search the internet. Another dialogue box came up, an error message type, telling me it could not find the site etc - cannot remember the exact words - and it just sat there. I closed the error message box but no Hotwire. I restarted Hotwire but same thing happened. So disasapointly I had to run 203 all day. Do you have to have an Internet connection to run 208, surely not - there is no network at our track???
When you plugged the hotwire in to the esc did you have the green light pulsating on the hotwire and the centre led on the esc lit up? I had a similar problem last week the hotwire light was on and all the esc lights and no commuication. I tried several times to no avail so restarted pc and all was well. While using the esc on friday i kept getting loss of power and stopping, eventually found the wire from the esc to the receiver had a break in it which probably caused the comms problem in the first place.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No, I use 208 on my laptop all the time at my local track, & we have no internet access at all in the building(it's even hard to get a cellphone signal in there), & it works just fine. Honestly, I've never heard of anyone's PC trying to do that when trying to run the Hotwire program, so I'd agree, this might be one for Randy to sort out....
Old 08-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Just a thought mate. Have you tried going through the same routine at home with internet connected to see what it does.

I dont think It needs internet to work but may let you find out where it was going wrong. Maybe it needed to register as it was a new install ?

On a side note and not that you should need it for the speedo but I use a vodaphone 3G dongle in the netbook at bashley and it works ok,Not great but just works for emails and stuff. I was doing some work down there a few months back and tested it.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I *think* that its looking for a .NET update, not a hotwire update, you need a certain version installed, I already had it before installing 208 so I didn't see the issue. It should be a one time thing.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Setup 208 today with my 203 settings. I used to be able to feather the throttle through the sweeper without any significant loss of power. Now when I feather the throttle, the car checks-up on me. I removed drag brake and tried different turbo delays with the same results.
Finally got to make some adjustments at the track today. My settings with 203 used an RPM range of 5400-15500. Today I changed the RPMs to 3000-16000 and the car didn't "check-up" nearly as bad. I still think there's some work to do, but it definitely got better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.