Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Team Tekin

We do not expect any significant increase in raw speed, but we do think 208 is smoother which allows for faster laps. It is also running a little cooler in some setups which may allow you lean on the motor a little more.

It is a double edge sword. If we let the software out too soon and there are problems we are idiots, people lose the race of their life and are mad at us for ruining they career. If we test the software for a few weeks in team driver cars to make sure we have it right some think it is unfair. I hate being an idiot so you all have to wait

We like to do things right and team testing is an important part of the process. We can bench test and measure all we want, but until it hits the tracks with different conditions and skilled drivers it is just theory. The feedback from our drivers is where we indentify needed improvements to give you a something that makes you smile. Vegas 208 should produce some big grins

Tekin Prez
Old 07-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
We do not expect any significant increase in raw speed, but we do think 208 is smoother which allows for faster laps. It is also running a little cooler in some setups which may allow you lean on the motor a little more.

It is a double edge sword. If we let the software out too soon and there are problems we are idiots, people lose the race of their life and are mad at us for ruining they career. If we test the software for a few weeks in team driver cars to make sure we have it right some think it is unfair. I hate being an idiot so you all have to wait

We like to do things right and team testing is an important part of the process. We can bench test and measure all we want, but until it hits the tracks with different conditions and skilled drivers it is just theory. The feedback from our drivers is where we indentify needed improvements to give you a something that makes you smile. Vegas 208 should produce some big grins

Tekin Prez
But I want it NOW (stamps feet)
Old 07-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BCbud
Thanks for the quick reply. The reasoning is to protect them from shorting but I have since rotated the esc so the posts are as close to the center as posible so impact is unlikely.
I actually like to orient them to the outside for improved airflow over the posts. I don't hang them off the edge looking for damage, but the cooler the better. I have been running RSs since they came out and have never had an issue with the solder posts touching, or even deforming at all, nor have I seen someone else with this issue. I'm sure it can happen, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

I hate being an idiot so you all have to wait
Tekin Prez
Awwww, go on, give it a go. There are heaps of other idiots here to keep you company
Old 07-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default really

car was 5/10ths quicker than any other car on track. and corner speed was shot do to fast entree

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Then you'll have to wait like the rest of us.

It has been mentioned that there should be no difference in overall speed so if you're being hit by cars running the new software...you're driving too slowly.

Skiddins
Old 07-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markny
car was 5/10ths quicker than any other car on track. and corner speed was shot do to fast entree
So you're saying that you think the 208 software will give a .5 second/lap decrease?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Personaly I think that it is a good thing that tekin tests it software before it is realeased to the general public

But Jim I wish I was one of those testers

Tekin Prez
Old 07-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

... I hate being an idiot so you all have to wait

.... Vegas 208 should produce some big grins

Tekin Prez
Great to hear. I just hope we have adequate time to test before the onroad Nats. Do what you gotta do, but please don't leave it to the the last minute for the masses to find a bug ( during the race ) that your team drivers may have missed.

( One could use the iphone 4 as an example of inadequate testing, or is it just a media frenzy gone wild ?... personally my iphone 4 works great and finding a person that has returned their iphone4 is a very rare occurance, if anyone ? LOL ) but this is not the iphone forum is it ? )

....unless 208 works with the iphone now :-) that would make me grin !!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Let that driver who was 5/10ths quicker drive your car and see if he is any faster with it than you are. It is hard to admit when it is our own fault for making a car slower than it should be.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Let that driver who was 5/10ths quicker drive your car and see if he is any faster with it than you are. It is hard to admit when it is our own fault for making a car slower than it should be.
QFT
Old 07-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

rocks to buy a speed control and then have a program u cant get smashing into the back of you all night and sending the field home knowing the tekin in there car is shit for the passed 14 days=correction yes that sounds better
There isn't a performance gain between 203 and 208. Maybe you set up is off.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by macdude
Why did the KO radios give you trouble? I have the erus and haven't had any issues with any speed controls. Now I have seen that some servo's even the digital ones don't like the speed of the radio and tend to chatter until you turn it down. But there are very few like this.

Anyway, just curious what the issues where.

thanks
When testing back in the 199 software we found that it had the biggest wondering signal. Switch radios and problem was solved. I love my Helio's though so we kept at it.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by reenmachine
I actually like to orient them to the outside for improved airflow over the posts. I don't hang them off the edge looking for damage, but the cooler the better. I have been running RSs since they came out and have never had an issue with the solder posts touching, or even deforming at all, nor have I seen someone else with this issue. I'm sure it can happen, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
I run with some of the biggest hacks and haven't had my solder post cost me a race yet. Now arms are a different story
Old 07-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I run with some of the biggest hacks and haven't had my solder post cost me a race yet. Now arms are a different story
hey, i resemble that remark!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Tekin Prez
Well said Prez. Products have to be tested before release to the general public, even if they have to wait a little longer. Every company has to do it, Tekin is no different. (But I would say that when I'm one of the testers )

Trev

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.