Old 07-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

rs/rspro both switch from sensored to sensorless when the wire comes off
Old 07-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L@gger
Hello. I would like to ask if RS pro switches to sensorless mode just after it losts connection to sensor and if you can download some kind of diagnostic from speedo (throttle, voltage, current). Thanks
If you're wondering if the sensor is working, just turn your radio and speedo on, and then spin your spur gear. Look for the 3 LEDs (I think from the left) cycling very dimly as you turn the motor. That indicates that it's reading the sensor.

-Mike
Old 07-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
It does, but the setting is still valid. You un-check sensored, set the advance, then check sensored and go about your business and it keeps that setting. There just wasn't enough room with the old interface to add another slider.

The timing advance is still valid? Really? I didn't know that. Heck, it's not on any Tekin setup sheet either.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
The timing advance is still valid? Really? I didn't know that. Heck, it's not on any Tekin setup sheet either.
That's the way I understand it. I believe it's somewhere in this thread right from Randy.

If not I've misinformed a lot of people out here about a smart Tekin feature!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
It does, but the setting is still valid. You un-check sensored, set the advance, then check sensored and go about your business and it keeps that setting. There just wasn't enough room with the old interface to add another slider.
Originally Posted by linger
What is the recommended starting point for timing advance? 17.5 rubber TC, 7.1 final, 75x36 carpet. This is news to me as well and I see that the default setting on my RS is 80! That sounds like a smoked motor and/or speedo VERY quickly should there be a sensor wire failure!

-rocky b
Old 07-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Love the v208 screen shots. Can't wait to get it. Has anything changed speed/power wise on the speedo? Is it faster than v203?
I am hoping there is an answer to that too... it seems to keep being avoided...
Old 07-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by flatspunout
What is the recommended starting point for timing advance? 17.5 rubber TC, 7.1 final, 75x36 carpet. This is news to me as well and I see that the default setting on my RS is 80! That sounds like a smoked motor and/or speedo VERY quickly should there be a sensor wire failure!

-rocky b
80 in timing advance does not equal 80 degrees. 100 in timing advance equals 30 degrees and 80 is around 25 degrees. This is actual degrees based on true zero; not the sensors. The base timing with most motors using the sensors is higher than that. For 10.5 and over just put the timing advance slider at 100.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
80 in timing advance does not equal 80 degrees. 100 in timing advance equals 30 degrees and 80 is around 25 degrees. This is actual degrees based on true zero; not the sensors. The base timing with most motors using the sensors is higher than that. For 10.5 and over just put the timing advance slider at 100.
Thanks!

-rocky b
Old 07-12-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShadowAu
I am hoping there is an answer to that too... it seems to keep being avoided...
guys, 208 was just release to the team. I mean the first weekend that we have had a chance to play with it was this past weekend. give it some time. we just like anyone else also have to learn the software. when you become a team driver, there is no automagic download from tekin of all their secrets and how everything in their lineup works.

sometimes I wish that the Internet was slower. to have the info leak that the new software is "now" in the wild sets the expectation that all the knowledge has already been learn and imparted to the individuals that have access to the software. that is just not the case. we (Team Tekin) are the tester and we are the ones out there blowing up motors to come up with baselines so that they will be available when the software "IS" actually released.

203 was released 2 weeks after the official team release. that gave the team 2 weekends to get up to speed. because the day of release, the expectation was that there were base setup for every form of electric racing. i was at the track the weekend of release for 20 hours those 2 days to "help" people upgrade and also had a group of 5 guys to help me come up with base setups that i could get to randy.

the argument would be for tekin to release the software to everyone including the team at the same time. but I can tell you that with 203 there were guys blowing up motors the first weekend of release and pissed that tekin would make anything that would allow a brushless motor to "blow up" in just 1 min of runtime. and that is after I spent countless hours publishing information as I learned it that weekend.

just give us some time to work the new software.

sorry for the rant.

v208 is not any faster then v203 when set the same way. I am not sure i understand the question about "middle" throttle. because most of the setup add alot of timing and a lot of turbo fairly fast, this does make the speedo "feel" like an on/off switch. but as you move up to faster motors an faster classes, you run less of both and that should smooth out the throttle profile. the guys that want the "bullet" in 17.5 will always have to get use to the on/off feel. I am the one that came up with the narrow window of RPM and yes, that feels like an on/off switch. since then I have seen alot of people run the wide rpm range and that has smoothed out the speedo quite a bit. but i still feel these setup are not the fastest. I did not get a chance to play with the "spec" profile. will try and have a go at it next weekend. we just don't have a class for "spec". even after the new roar rules hit, i doubt that our club with move to spec. all of our drivers have gotten use to the speed of 17.5 boosted. but time will tell. maybe we can get a spec class going.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
v208 is not any faster then v203 when set the same way.
That is kind of vague. Do you mean that if you change the settings to something new offered in v208 that it is faster than v203?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M-Technic
That is kind of vague. Do you mean that if you change the settings to something new offered in v208 that it is faster than v203?
nope. I mean if I set my rpm range, timing and turbo the same way. it ran the same. meaning, i think that the the way the speedo applies timing, turbo at the give rpm range has not changed from v203
Old 07-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks Yang.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

np. I will let you guys know as I know stuff.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I ran the 208 software this weekend on a large asphalt track. Now I can tell you that the driver sucked and car sucked after I had to rebuild it from a wreck. But with the 208 software the throttle "feel" is a lot more linear and doesnt fell like all or nothing anymore. The brakes are awesome on this thing too! It was about 130 degree track temp and motors coming off near or over 200 all day but brakes never changed from start to end of a race....my trigger finger on the other had is a different story .

The new interface screen is much easier to manage and interpret. I think you guys are going to love it!

The only downside is its not any faster than 203 speed wise! LOL

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 07-12-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

If you lose only one cable of sensor wire do RS pro ESC change mode to sensorless?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.