Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Could some one tell me what the difference is between Dual and Brushless modes?
Old 06-24-2010, 05:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nerdling
Could some one tell me what the difference is between Dual and Brushless modes?

Mark, raise the rpm range 4600 to 12000, ramp 3, drop the turbo a few, and gear down. Not too far as lower gearing will make the motor run hot.
Also dont be afraid of whacking in some motor timing also, helps it get out of corners.

Keep the zero delay, the delay setups feel absolutely shit to me.

Sensored is sensored only, dual mode is sensored at low rpm, then sensorless = SLOW
Old 06-24-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey all, have a question.

I was running 12scale, 1c lipo with Tekin and 10.5, it ran fine no problems.

Then switched to 17.5, adjusted gearing as necessary and even copied someone else's Tekin settings.

i ran it for a few minutes and noticed a slow down in speed and the motor got super hot.

Tryed another 17.5 and the same thing.

Tryed someone else Tekin RS pro, same thing.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

i will post on the 12 scale post awell.

thank
s
Old 06-24-2010, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Mark, raise the rpm range 4600 to 12000, ramp 3, drop the turbo a few, and gear down. Not too far as lower gearing will make the motor run hot.
Also dont be afraid of whacking in some motor timing also, helps it get out of corners.

Keep the zero delay, the delay setups feel absolutely shit to me.

Sensored is sensored only, dual mode is sensored at low rpm, then sensorless = SLOW

Mark As Bradd said

but level ramp 2 as ramp 3 can be to much to soon and it will bog down and droop a few teeth
Old 06-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is it normal for you to have to switch your throttle reversing to "reverse" to get your Tekin ESC to recognize throttle input for calibration? Never had to do this before on any other ESC. It would not calibrate properly in "Normal" so after about an hour of trying to calibrate it, I switched it to Reverse and it worked.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmatter
Is it normal for you to have to switch your throttle reversing to "reverse" to get your Tekin ESC to recognize throttle input for calibration? Never had to do this before on any other ESC. It would not calibrate properly in "Normal" so after about an hour of trying to calibrate it, I switched it to Reverse and it worked.
Yes, I have to do this on futaba and spek receivers.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys, have been using a RS Pro wth a 10.5 in my 1c LiPo 1/12th car with no probs, really, really happy with the performance. However, I have recently been running my Pro10 car with the same setup apart from using a 2c LiPo and here's the problem. After around 60 seconds, the turbo function stops working. Everything is fine tempreture wise, both motor and speedo are hardly any warmer than before the run. The same thing happens with the same setup in my SC truck. Nothing is over geared or anything like that, I just wondered if anyone had any ideas on why this may be happening?? I'll find the setup of each speedo in both cars and post a pic to show them. Cheers guys, Chris.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Recalabrate your radio

Turning your EPA down 20 and then back up
afterward
Old 06-25-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingman2
Hi guys, have been using a RS Pro wth a 10.5 in my 1c LiPo 1/12th car with no probs, really, really happy with the performance. However, I have recently been running my Pro10 car with the same setup apart from using a 2c LiPo and here's the problem. After around 60 seconds, the turbo function stops working. Everything is fine tempreture wise, both motor and speedo are hardly any warmer than before the run. The same thing happens with the same setup in my SC truck. Nothing is over geared or anything like that, I just wondered if anyone had any ideas on why this may be happening?? I'll find the setup of each speedo in both cars and post a pic to show them. Cheers guys, Chris.
VEry common problem, discussed thoughout this thread on 100 pages. Calibrate your ESC with your throttle EPA at 95%. After calibration, turn it back up to 100%.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Satish
Hey all, have a question.

I was running 12scale, 1c lipo with Tekin and 10.5, it ran fine no problems.

Then switched to 17.5, adjusted gearing as necessary and even copied someone else's Tekin settings.

i ran it for a few minutes and noticed a slow down in speed and the motor got super hot.

Tryed another 17.5 and the same thing.

Tryed someone else Tekin RS pro, same thing.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

i will post on the 12 scale post awell.

thank
s
How hot?

You are either over geared, over timed, or something happend to your drivetrain.

Impossible to answer your question if you don't give us any details.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm hoping you guys could share a specific setup i'm looking for.

I'm running v203 with a Redline 13.5, on 1s in a World GT car. The track will be outdoor asphalt.

Could someone give me a good starting point? I've looked throught the setups that were posted, but I can't find anything with this combo.

I've only run 10.5 & 17.5 on carpet, in a 12th scale, so i'm not really sure where to start.

Thanks in advance,

-Steve
Old 06-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey, wondering about to how to get the correct rpm range setting on my tekin rs for a track with the help of a data logger. My plan is to use a Novak Sentry data logger and run the car with a slightly larger pinion and get some good laps with no timing/turbo at first.

My question is when I get the rpm average and rpm min/max from the laps, do I use those values and go about 1000-2000rpm above the low as start and 1000rpm below the max as end or am I totally wrong? The track is technical and has a short straight <70ft so I guess I'll drop turbo.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just wanted to say I bought a used touring car with the RSpro in it...I was told it was all good to go.....a friend today went through the speedo....I used a set-up one of the members on here posted....we discovered it didn't have the latest software even uploaded.....when we were done.....HOLY.....first race with it Saturday night....they won't know what hit them....

thanks for all the posts and info on this thread,

R
Old 06-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minifo
Hey, wondering about to how to get the correct rpm range setting on my tekin rs for a track with the help of a data logger. My plan is to use a Novak Sentry data logger and run the car with a slightly larger pinion and get some good laps with no timing/turbo at first.

My question is when I get the rpm average and rpm min/max from the laps, do I use those values and go about 1000-2000rpm above the low as start and 1000rpm below the max as end or am I totally wrong? The track is technical and has a short straight <70ft so I guess I'll drop turbo.
What I did was to look for the lowest consistent rpm, and set my speedo to ~1K below or close to it for the start rpm.

Some people have different methods to get their rpm ranges. I used the logger.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bukil
What I did was to look for the lowest consistent rpm, and set my speedo to ~1K below or close to it for the start rpm.

Some people have different methods to get their rpm ranges. I used the logger.
I used a logger for a couple months, but in the end I didnt improve at all on what I had done before I had the logger. I multiply the Kv of whatever motor I'm running by the max voltage from my battery. For me in 17.5 12th, its 9260. For the starting RPM I use the 4k value in 1s applications and the 6k-8k option in 2s applications. This is for 70'-110' straight indoor carpet. If I were going outside (150' plus) I would bump both values up about 20%. HTh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.