Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Agreed. Because both are REAL, I would just call it the OTHER danger.

question, wouldn't a person have to be a member of roar, and thier track be a roar track for any rule that roar may or may not have, have any meaning.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey Dawn, just a question. According to this rule:12.4.3 Vehicles, parts, and accessories used in Stock electric classes must be readily available through retail outlets at least 14 days prior to the event.
Wouldn't the LRP BL motors that showed up at the Carpet Nats on the Friday of that race not have been legal?
Old 06-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
Hey Dawn, just a question. According to this rule:12.4.3 Vehicles, parts, and accessories used in Stock electric classes must be readily available through retail outlets at least 14 days prior to the event.
Wouldn't the LRP BL motors that showed up at the Carpet Nats on the Friday of that race not have been legal?
Kinda late bring this up.....
Old 06-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I've been reading the posts for the last few weeks on the thread and to be honest I'm not sure why anyone would want to run ROAR onroad with all these rules and last minute rule changes and whether or not the trophy girls were tasteful at a banquet held by the owner of the track. What happened to the good ol days? I've run a couple of Nationals in offroad and never saw any of this drama. Could be why onroad isn't doing very well when you look at it from someone wanting to take it to the next level. I've been a ROAR member off and on for about 15 yrs. and I've seen it good and bad. Actually think its on the good side right now but too many rules and regulations and it'll end up like Nascar......yaaaawn. Oh and Dawn....stop editing. I like it when you get fired up! I've actually turned the tv off lately just so I can read these posts!!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmark24
I've been reading the posts for the last few weeks on the thread and to be honest I'm not sure why anyone would want to run ROAR onroad with all these rules and last minute rule changes and whether or not the trophy girls were tasteful at a banquet held by the owner of the track. What happened to the good ol days? I've run a couple of Nationals in offroad and never saw any of this drama. Could be why onroad isn't doing very well when you look at it from someone wanting to take it to the next level. I've been a ROAR member off and on for about 15 yrs. and I've seen it good and bad. Actually think its on the good side right now but too many rules and regulations and it'll end up like Nascar......yaaaawn. Oh and Dawn....stop editing. I like it when you get fired up! I've actually turned the tv off lately just so I can read these posts!!
Ditto!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

'

Little late, aren't ya....

and I don't have any knowledge they weren't available at other outlets per the rules....

Old 06-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcmark24
Oh and Dawn....stop editing. I like it when you get fired up! I've actually turned the tv off lately just so I can read these posts!!
I'll do my best to not edit in the future....

How are ya?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sorry just got tired of being hammered for my opinion.

thanks "Q" i had a great time!

hope THAT dosen't offend anyone?

Last edited by hairy; 06-27-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: was asked to by a "PRO"
Old 06-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

stock tc "A" 3 video
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name..._Nat_Stock_TC_

mod tc "A" 2 video
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...ve_Nat_Mod_TC_
Old 06-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hairy
As I am a manufactures dream, ask Ruben he can tell you all the parts I broke this past week, I must say that I am a little Dissapointed in the some of the "pro" racers. This was an excellent event produced very well by the track owner and his team( thank you "Q" and the gang).the race was run very well by the R.O.A.R. team as well, (thanks Ruben and his crew for that).
This second guessing crap and the accusations of cheating are the results of small people with big chips on their shoulders.I for one think that this was awsome event. how about some postive comments for these peoples efforts? huh?

Quniton and Ruben is was a pleasure to race with you guys...WELL DONE ALL!
RIGHT ON! What ever happen to the saying if you got nothing good to say then SHUT UP! This was a great event Don't cry if things did not go your way or if you felt that things should have been to your standards. I gave my time and effort to help make this better for everyone. Q spent more then 100 hours that week to make sure that everyone at the event had a good time and people are still complaining. GROW UP! This was about FUN and if you did not have fun it was by choice. IF you are one of the bashers of the event don't slander the staff of roar or any one that helped in making this a good event.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Yeah I know its alittle late, just got reminded of it from other posts. I blew a 17.5 in my TC that Friday and bought a Novak, right after I teched the motor the LRP's showed up.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hungoverracer
RIGHT ON! What ever happen to the saying if you got nothing good to say then SHUT UP! This was a great event Don't cry if things did not go your way or if you felt that things should have been to your standards. I gave my time and effort to help make this better for everyone. Q spent more then 100 hours that week to make sure that everyone at the event had a good time and people are still complaining. GROW UP! This was about FUN and if you did not have fun it was by choice. IF you are one of the bashers of the event don't slander the staff of roar or any one that helped in making this a good event.
You tell him Chad. I can remember Q and I logged at least 20 hours of work the Monday and Tuesday before the event blowing off the track, hanging banners, making the seating chart, setting up tables and chairs, running cords and power strips, and roping off the parking lot for you guys, and I know Q, me, and many other helpful locals put in tons of work this past month getting ready for this event for TOY CARS!!!! I just wanted to say thanks to ROAR, the RMT(Ruben, Canyon, Adam, Billy) you guys did great. Thanks to all the locals such as myself(not trying to brag), Chad, Rob, Johnathan, Dad(John), etc. for helping out. Q, I thought you did great getting ready for this event and all togther, I enjoyed the experience. The least the rest of you people could do is say a simple thank you instead of complaining.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I talked to Q yesterday and he's ready for the next big race already!! Although Ive already thanked everyone that was involved I did forget the local guys that put in their time and took away from their racing at the event. So to 88Crew cheif and Hungover Racer along with all the others that I can not think of the names thank you for your efforts. You all did an awesome job tolerating the heat and racers all week.

EA
Old 06-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Also I hope you all got all the tires you needed after the race....Hopefully you should have enough to run the rest of the year on.

EA
Old 06-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah I know its alittle late, just got reminded of it from other posts. I blew a 17.5 in my TC that Friday and bought a Novak, right after I teched the motor the LRP's showed up.
you didn't miss anything, IMO the LRP's weren't any faster than the novak's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.