Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by smac

If it is suitable, how would we start looking into the process of submitting a bid for the Nationals?

www.evolutionraceway.com
Evolution is well aware of how to submit a national event and has on several occasions. I'm sure the track owners will be doing so again this year.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~
ROAR Nationals completed.....check

Race results posted...check

Congratualtions to the winners....check

Rash of complaints to sully what seemed to be an otherwise well-run event....check.

Yep, evertyhing is normal.
LOL... sometimes you just make me laugh...

ok, I'll admit it...

you ALWAYS make me laugh....

Old 06-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 88crewchief
My phone didn't ring this morning. I guess you found your way to Little Rock ok huh!
John
John ...... thanks for the help. We got off to a bit of a ruff start. Adam and Canyon got up late we didn't get on the road untill 3:45, we took two wrong roads out of town and didn't make it to 49 out of town untill 3:55. Needless to say I put the pedal to the metal and we made it to the airport in Little Rock with a gas stop at 5:45 ..... we were hallin ass to Little Rock. Got Q beat on what he said was a fast run to Little Rock. We saw like 5 or 6 cars the first 40 min or so of the drive.

Thanks John, Ricky Bobby (Rob email me [email protected]), Billy Bob, Q, Victoria, Joe and all the rest of the RCH crew that I meet and didn't get names for. This was by far the funest event that I've been a part of.

Considering all the technical scoring equipment hurdles we had to overcome this event went smooth.

Congrats to all of our winners, Justin, Kyle, Josh Nueman, Josh Cyrul and Paul and thanks to everone that participated.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok so this didn't happen at the Roar Nats Friday night but you want to watch it

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...s_friday_night
Old 06-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

i think this should be next years trophy girl ...

Last edited by sonic31; 07-17-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
ok so this didn't happen at the Roar Nats Friday night but you want to watch it

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...s_friday_night
Wow! Thanks for the video Nash! That was a good time!
Old 06-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sonic31
i think this should be next years trophy girl ...
Im down for it!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just wanted to thank everyone at RCHobbies for a good race. Hurdles were overcome with enough speed that I didn't even realize a lot of things had issues. Being on the otherside of the computer at my track, that's the best compliment that any race directing group can have.
I would like to say that the tech staff did a great job this weekend. It was quick, concise, friendly, and realistic. All this with having to sit under an easy-up in 90+ degree heat for days. I also want to thank Adam for catching my gritty front bearing in my motor before it got sealed.
Things were on time, there was tons of practice, and the monster tent was a hub all weekend for all sorts of fun... Barry and Numan's tire war
I've put on decent sized races before, and there is a ton of work that goes into these events with even more headaches during the race. So hats off to the entire staff for taking on such a huge task.
Randy K
Old 06-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

Thanks for the pictures Rob . . . Thats alot of work !

See you in Cleveland !

Last edited by KAHUNA; 07-29-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Dude i'd show up just for the trophy girls they are hot ... they look like they smell pretty .
Old 06-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Thank you

Randy and I got back home to Maryland safely after 17 hours on the road. The whole weekend in Arkansas was worth every minute of it. We met some great new friends and was able to match some great RC racing names to the faces. Special thanks to Quinn and the RC Hobbies crew for putting on a great show. The ROAR staff present worked relentlessly for 4 - 12 hour days to support all the racers and spectators there while keeping schedule.

We look forward to next years ROAR On-Road race.

Last edited by TeamB&B; 06-24-2008 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Dude i'd show up just for the trophy girls they are hot ... they look like they smell pretty .
they did smell good... I had to walk by them several times sunday... for no apparent reason and with good cause.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Canyon got up late which in turn got me up late lol

Originally Posted by schurcr
John ...... thanks for the help. We got off to a bit of a ruff start. Adam and Canyon got up late we didn't get on the road untill 3:45, we took two wrong roads out of town and didn't make it to 49 out of town untill 3:55. Needless to say I put the pedal to the metal and we made it to the airport in Little Rock with a gas stop at 5:45 ..... we were hallin ass to Little Rock. Got Q beat on what he said was a fast run to Little Rock. We saw like 5 or 6 cars the first 40 min or so of the drive.

Thanks John, Ricky Bobby (Rob email me [email protected]), Billy Bob, Q, Victoria, Joe and all the rest of the RCH crew that I meet and didn't get names for. This was by far the funest event that I've been a part of.

Considering all the technical scoring equipment hurdles we had to overcome this event went smooth.

Congrats to all of our winners, Justin, Kyle, Josh Nueman, Josh Cyrul and Paul and thanks to everone that participated.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Q I'll call u this afternoon, but thank you to you and your entire crew for a great week
Old 06-24-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I believe the Roar Event officialy ended at 8:00pm that evening. The gathering was meant to loosen up the drivers and let them enjoy themselves. I do believe it worked for 99.9% of those who stayed. When i go back and look at my pictures and video I can't find a single look of disgust or dissapointment.

Of course everyone could have just gone to the Electric Cowboy to get drunk 2 hours earlier and skipped the drivers party.

Next time save the festivities for the local racers Q. We'll appreciate it!
Maybe there should have been an optional party at chuck-e-cheese for those that couldn't handle it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.