Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Old 08-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey guys, I would like to start racing elctric 1/10th sedan expert open class. I will be driving a factory team tc4 with a Mamba Max 7700 motor. The races are held on a parking lot in ok condition. What tires do you guys reccomend for best all around traction for this car? Where can I get these tires for dirt cheap? thanks!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
anybody find any magazine coverage yet??
Its coming! I have submited all the requested media and we should see something coming real soon. I knowyou are likely to ask which mag. I will post that as soon as I know for sure the story has printed.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by poochy
Hey guys, I would like to start racing elctric 1/10th sedan expert open class. I will be driving a factory team tc4 with a Mamba Max 7700 motor. The races are held on a parking lot in ok condition. What tires do you guys reccomend for best all around traction for this car? Where can I get these tires for dirt cheap? thanks!
The Sweep tires from Much More that we used at the Nationals should suite you fine. We have continued to use them here as the wear much better than most any other tire you can buy. They are also the least expensive tire. I sell them for $25 per set, or if you get six sets at a time the price is only $20/set.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

hey thanks for the response. are the sweeper tires the best though? i would like to have the best tires with my set up. for example, the nitro 1/10th sedans races-everybody runs 26mm fronts and 30mm rears foam tires. how come i dont see that set up with electric?--my ft tc4 will have a mamb 7700 in it so I need the best tires. put it this way-let say im racing in the A main against the best in the world on a parking lot type traction--what tires should i come with?
Old 08-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the setup you are reading with 26mm front and 30mm rear, are foam tires, the much mores are rubber and thats whats used on electric, now you ask, well, if foams are ok for nitro then why not electric, why not indeed, they work, there faster, there cheaper. why not indeed, oh i know, someone once said, its not traditional
Old 08-23-2008, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

thanks. what size (front and rear) , degree, and color of sweep much more tires do you guys reccommend for competitive racing on a medium traction parking lot surfaced track, its a normal track with turns and straights? Also, who may sell these tires at dirt cheap? Please consider that I will be driving a FT TC4 with Mamba 7700 brushless. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2008, 06:49 AM
Regional Moderator

thanks. what size (front and rear) , degree, and color of sweep much more tires do you guys reccommend for competitive racing on a medium traction parking lot surfaced track, its a normal track with turns and straights? Also, who may sell these tires at dirt cheap? Please consider that I will be driving a FT TC4 with Mamba 7700 brushless. Thanks!
Well if you are just starting out, the first thing you need to do is motor down. That combo is gonna be way to much no matter what tire you choose.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

much mores don't come in colors, your probably gonna want a to find a much more 32, goggle it, you'll find it. but at 25 bucks a pair or 6 for 20 ea, you want to go to the being of this thread (page 1) get the phone number and call these guys