Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Joe,

No there are no real performance differences between the bodies. We are now 17 months since this rule was put into place, and 5 months since it has started to be enforced. I am sorry that you are in a situation where you cannot attend, as that is never the intention of any new rule enforcement.

Originally Posted by joerocket900
Tim thanks for the quick response... So they have made altering changes to decrease performance of these bodies over the older ones?? If so understood!!

If all they have done is make little non performance changes and then changed the part # to make roar happy then why not grandfather the older bodies in for one year so people like me who bought sevral bodies last year to get painted for upcoming roar races do not have to go out and buy more .

This really stinks and probably will keep me from coming to the nationals to be honest. i am limited on my budget. I have spent over 200 on bodies getting them painted .
Old 05-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quinn.. Shoot me your # again via e mail...thx
Old 05-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
This reminder taken from the first post of this thread.

Pits:
We will have a tent large enough for about 120 racers to pit comfortably inside. These spaces will be reserved for those racers who are traveling from outside our area. All racers who wish to reserve a spot in this area must contact the shop to make arrangements. (870-933-0479) The tent spaces will be reserved (for persons living outside our area) through June 6th. After June 6th any remaining spaces will be available on a first come first serve basis. For racers who live within our region or any racer preferring to pit outside, there will be plenty of space for canopies and trailers. I will have ample AC power for everyone. Compressed Air will be provided, as air compressors will not be permitted unless you are running a generator.

Attention Travelers! These spaces will only be held for you until June 6th. After that anyone can take them.

Just another reminder.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

tim... That is what i thought. So i get punished for purchasing my bodies 1 month ago and get them painted thinking they would be ok. I guess i have to use these bodies at another non sanctioned roar event. This is a shame.

I know this is not your fault and is a decision of higher power but i really do not know what it would hurt to put the grandfather clause in there for one year to get rid of back inventory. makes sense to me.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Regional Moderator

Joe,

I completely understand were you are coming from on this issue. I also understand the need for ROAR to stand by their deadlines, which were very reasonable. I am lobbying to get yet one more extension for these bodies. However, I am just the host of the event and therefore can just make it happen. Also, as the host of this race I am very greatfull to even have this opportunity and therefore will respect the decision that we are given. I hope all involved will try to see both sides of this coin as well.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Company Representative

That is really silly a month ago the body was listed as NOT legal also.

In fact it would have been listed as not legal for the date of this race since January of 08, and would have been posted "that on January of 08 it would not be legal" in january of 07.

I agree it is a bummer that the rules do not allow everyone to just run what they own. And in this particular instance the manufactures are chooseing to limit the possabilities of what you can run. They will get on board and you can expect that you will have more options in the future. I can think of a few nats were we had only one or two body choices.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Joe,

I completely understand were you are coming from on this issue. I also understand the need for ROAR to stand by their deadlines, which were very reasonable. I am lobbying to get yet one more extension for these bodies. However, I am just the host of the event and therefore can just make it happen. Also, as the host of this race I am very greatfull to even have this opportunity and therefore will respect the decision that we are given. I hope all involved will try to see both sides of this coin as well.
Well said!
Old 05-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Joe I hear ya....

We have had a 1 year grandfather clause in place, all of last year. Then we pushed it for the carpet race, because there would have been NO bodies that met the spec( more to that issue also).

Really, the last thing we want are racers not to show.... It is a difficult situation for sure.

Thanks for listening and being level headed about the issue, once agian we do not want to see racers spend more, or be excluded from any racing...

Originally Posted by joerocket900
tim... That is what i thought. So i get punished for purchasing my bodies 1 month ago and get them painted thinking they would be ok. I guess i have to use these bodies at another non sanctioned roar event. This is a shame.

I know this is not your fault and is a decision of higher power but i really do not know what it would hurt to put the grandfather clause in there for one year to get rid of back inventory. makes sense to me.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Event T-Shirt

Below is a sample of what the Event T-Shirt will look like. The only change will be the addition of sponsors on the back of the shirts. I am still working out the pricing. When I have all the details I will post info on how to order the shirts.

The color did not transfer well. The shirts will be a dark brown with Kaki lettering.
Attached Thumbnails 2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)-consumer-proof.jpg  
Old 05-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

First off, sorry for the delay in my response to the activity on this thread. I took the day off yesterday. I attended the TCS race in Memphis. The club did a great job with the event. This was one of the biggest TCS races in the history of the TCS series. Hoorah to the Mid-South! The Mini Class was the biggest class the TCS race has ever see. Im not sure what the final number was, but I beleive there were 7 heats and all but 1 were 12 car heats! I had a great day and this was my first official "Big Race A-Main". Hoorah Me!

Ok back to the main topic here.

Heck no you dont have to use the newest body. This is just a weekly race that happens to have the title of "Nats Warm-up". The only reason for the title is to give the racers who have to travel a date to plan on having a few extra drivers to compete with when they do their testing here.

So, just come on down and have a little fun "grass roots style".

Also, for those planning to show up Saturday the track will be prepped and I expect to many people practicing.

I've got em!

Hi Dawn! Ive got em!

Ive got em!

Thanks for filling in Tim. Your respons is spot on. You Da Man!

I will have them on May 16th. However, the only way they were able to produce, mount, package, and ship this quantity by this date was to ship them un-glued. No need to freek out though. The Nats Tires will be glued!

So, Ive got em!

So basically what you are trying to say is that

You've got them!!!!

Old 05-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Regional Moderator

Finally somebody got it!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Food!

I just wanted to let everyone know that you can expect to gain like 30 pounds during your visit to my place! I have been working hard with some of the local restaurants lately and I assure you that there will be no shortage of food for a hungry racer. It looks as if we will have to providers on site all week to keep you turkeys full to the rim! Also one of them has won the title of worlds best BBQ more than once!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:18 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

I didn't know South Harmon was located in Arkansas
Old 05-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by J_P
How did I know that would raise an eyebrow?
Old 05-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_P

JP..Your name is still missing from the entry's...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.