Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Best 1/12th Scale For Carpet >

Best 1/12th Scale For Carpet

Best 1/12th Scale For Carpet

Old 04-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Best 1/12th Scale For Carpet

I'm thinking about branching out and dropping the 1/10 Stadium truck and possibly the 1/10Xray. I'm thinking about a 1/12 carpet racer and was looking for some suggestions on what the members think about the best options for them are. I have looked at lot at the CRC Carpet Knife which looks pretty sweet but being a newbie to pan cars I am only guessing.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I may be a little biased, but I have to say that I love my Speed Merchant Rev. 5. Great chassis, proven link design, extremely adjustable front suspension, excellent access to the rear pod for motor installation (brushed and brushless).

Link to information page here.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:27 AM
Tech Champion

It's really hard to go wrong with any of the top 1/12ths these days. They are all pretty versatile. If your looking at a CRC you should look at their newer car the Gen X. The Rev 5 is a great car as well. I'm a bit biased on my two 1/12th cars the BMI DB12R and the Darkside Mx2. It's really hard to say which is best. They are all pretty good...It's up to you to decide which you like better. One suggestion...check out what they run at your local track and what they have parts in stock for. That will make it easier to get setups from your local racers and parts when you break.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:34 AM
Tech Addict

run what the fast guys run

if its a technical track go with a link car and if its a flowing, fast track go with a T-bar car

the rev 5 and the CRC Gen-X are great link cars and the Corally SP12X is a GREAT T-bar car

my $.02

M.